UPS Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 54 reviews matching the search See all 29,953 reviews
broken system
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2018
Delivery Driver:

Dont work here unless you are willing to work 10-12 hours five days a week and constantly have to help other drivers who cant finish their deliveries.
Pros
learn a lot and learn how to work very hard and efficiently
Cons
Too low of pay and ridiculous work loads
good place
Dispatcher/Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2019
good place but no advancement.....you will never go further than what you are at UPS/SCS......advancement is not allowed for some odd reason...otherwise good
amazing workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2018
It was really enjoyable work at ups store as it was a new experience with new peoples in Canada , I learned all cash related transactions overthere ,it was a good experience.
fun work place with great owner
cashier on weekends (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2018
its great and a fun place to work and the owner is nice at shows you gently how to adjust and get comfortable with the work place although the customers are some times mean. i would recommend 10/10.
Pros
nice hours
Cons
customers
Over worked and Underpaid
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2018
I was promised salary when taking this position. I worked Monday to Saturday from 9-6. I work roughly 52 hours a week and was only paid less then $450 a week.
I enjoyed working with customers. But my heart is in graphic design, not managing a failing business by myself.
Fun and Laidback
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 May 2018
Welcoming and friendly environment. The best part was interaction with customers. I learned how to ship packages and gained a lot of customer service skills.
very informative and very intense
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
Very informative and very intense job checking bags constantly for threats.there is about 80 hours of both online and in class training.you started with testing the machine and going over about 200 bags in a 4 hours day and everyweek you had to clean the machine
Pros
work was decent
Cons
constantly being tested and if you failed you had to go thru 80 hours of training again
Very Hard, dirty work.
Air & package car driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2017
I worked as an international air-driver so I got a transport Canada Clearance Pass. Learned the rules for customs documentation,; became a package-car-driver and found it too heavy of a work load being a new-mother and full time heavy job. I loved the job, just couldn't do EVERYTHING I wanted to do at the time.
Pros
Free uniforms/ with laundry
Cons
X-mas brutally long hours, not enough family time then.
Respectable and great company
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
Responsible for deliveries and pick up of packages and mail. Very reliable employer in terms of scheduling and wages. Always busy, and co workers are very respectful.
Graphic design and customer service
Sales Associate/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
Had the opportunity to learn from the owner to we created flyers, posters and business cards for customers
Packaging and shipping all types of items from large items to everyday courier packages and envelopes
Sorting mail for 100's of mail boxes
Organization of clients and their annual or monthly invoice payments.
Pros
Working with business owners
Cons
Very long hours
Productive, but not very good place to work
Cover Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2017
Only take this job if your desperate, as the management here can be a pain in the donkey. When you first start out its not bad and everyone will help you. Once you obtain Full salary that's when everything goes downhill and will stay there until you can't take it anymore and find the desire to look for new work. If it were not for the Union you will find it hard to work here.
Pros
there are none
Cons
long hours especially during peak season.
Good team, unappreciated employees and very very very bad mAnagement
Ramp Agent part time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2017
Had fun with my team, but the rest of the experience was horrible. Majority of management only cared about the boxes and their job. Employees were treated as slaves; unappreciated, over worked, their opinions don't matter. Management/supervisors are always right no matter what they do. Human resources is being influenced and partial in their judgment. Zero opportunities for self improvement and advancement.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Highly horrible management
Not bad
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2017
Good job fresh out of high school short hours but would let you work longer if need be. Low pay but good work experience. Incentives for not missing work
Pros
$300 incentive
Cons
Low pay
Productive and flexible place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2017
Worked night shift it can be rather easy in the summer tome but when the christmas rush comes in expect long nights and make sure to be in very good physical condition. They are very flexible with your hours no reason not to apply.
Pros
Free lunch some fridays
Cons
Takes a toll on your body over time
productive and fun workplace
Walker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
usually went on thru thru the day and rarely fatigue.
I've learned to use a diad scanner and release deliveries.
the management was excellent.
my co workers made the day and job a lot easier by properly explaining my equipment and job.
the hardest part of the job would've been getting used to the diad and operating it with no light in the dark.
the most part i enjoyed about my job was customer satisfaction, and the bond with my co workers.
Great place to work with. Needs a little local organization. Worked hard, long yet rewarding hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2013
Typical day is about 10 hours long. You need to have a love of people and dealing with customers. Very fast paced environment. At the time I was working there, there was some local disorganization, and my route on average has quite heavy in comparison to others, and I had to spend a lot of time reorganizing my deliveries for the day to minimize incomplete runs. Loved my customers and the people I worked with.
Pros
continuous growing experience. got better and better with time.
Cons
long hours!
fun place to work
preloader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2014
a typical workday would consist of taking packages of a conveyor belt according to sections of the city and loading cars according to charts or drivers expectations.
I learned how to make sure to keep my work area safe.
management was ok.
my co workers where great always joking around trying to make work fun.
the hardest part about the job is if the delivery trucks where late trying to make sure that we are able to make sure to get all the packages on the car for delivery.
I enjoyed that it was physical and that can be a challenge at times.
Independent work environment/ great co worker
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2013
Enjoy the ability to work with the driver on the routes I was assigned - the time past quickly taking care of the packages we were responsible for. It was easy to determine that your job was successful as you had constant interaction with the customers. The hardest part of this job was when the weather was cold. I learned to plan around tight deadlines and high expectations.
Pros
goow work team
Cons
outside work
Productive and fun place to work.
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
I would get into work, clock in then we would head to our assigned trailers and start offloading packages. Once I was done, I would inform my supervisor and he would assign a new trailer. Sometimes the supervisor would come inside the trailer with you and help you unload. Some days he would stand at the door and see what speed your taking to off load a trailer. Most of the days we would work two people in a trailer and that was good, you could get work done faster. The hardest part of the job was when we got heavy packages and we were short on staff so you had to do it all by yourself. The part that I liked about my job was that you were assigned to offload a trailer and your supervisor would let you get to work and not bother you.
Pros
You can see your making contributions by the work your doing.
Cons
Having heavy packages.
Not fun place to be at, at all with some racist co-workers
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2015
A Typical day you'll be watching over your shoulder from some co-workers as they just wait for you to make a mistake, and keep pushing tasks into your table to finish. The hardest part of the job is bagging for short time off that can be made up by showing early other days or stay working late.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Bad co-workers

510.8K