UPS Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 52 reviews matching the search See all 27,948 reviews
broken system
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2018
Delivery Driver:

Dont work here unless you are willing to work 10-12 hours five days a week and constantly have to help other drivers who cant finish their deliveries.
Pros
learn a lot and learn how to work very hard and efficiently
Cons
Too low of pay and ridiculous work loads
amazing workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2018
It was really enjoyable work at ups store as it was a new experience with new peoples in Canada , I learned all cash related transactions overthere ,it was a good experience.
fun work place with great owner
cashier on weekends (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2018
its great and a fun place to work and the owner is nice at shows you gently how to adjust and get comfortable with the work place although the customers are some times mean. i would recommend 10/10.
Pros
nice hours
Cons
customers
Over worked and Underpaid
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2018
I was promised salary when taking this position. I worked Monday to Saturday from 9-6. I work roughly 52 hours a week and was only paid less then $450 a week.
I enjoyed working with customers. But my heart is in graphic design, not managing a failing business by myself.
Respectable and great company
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
Responsible for deliveries and pick up of packages and mail. Very reliable employer in terms of scheduling and wages. Always busy, and co workers are very respectful.
very informative and very intense
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
Very informative and very intense job checking bags constantly for threats.there is about 80 hours of both online and in class training.you started with testing the machine and going over about 200 bags in a 4 hours day and everyweek you had to clean the machine
Pros
work was decent
Cons
constantly being tested and if you failed you had to go thru 80 hours of training again
Not bad
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2017
Good job fresh out of high school short hours but would let you work longer if need be. Low pay but good work experience. Incentives for not missing work
Pros
$300 incentive
Cons
Low pay
n/a
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2017
UPS is a international Company used for shipping mails and parcels. Excellent company to work for, good management, wonderful employees and a pleasure to work at.
Very Hard, dirty work.
Air & package car driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2017
I worked as an international air-driver so I got a transport Canada Clearance Pass. Learned the rules for customs documentation,; became a package-car-driver and found it too heavy of a work load being a new-mother and full time heavy job. I loved the job, just couldn't do EVERYTHING I wanted to do at the time.
Pros
Free uniforms/ with laundry
Cons
X-mas brutally long hours, not enough family time then.
Graphic design and customer service
Sales Associate/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
Had the opportunity to learn from the owner to we created flyers, posters and business cards for customers
Packaging and shipping all types of items from large items to everyday courier packages and envelopes
Sorting mail for 100's of mail boxes
Organization of clients and their annual or monthly invoice payments.
Pros
Working with business owners
Cons
Very long hours
Productive, but not very good place to work
Cover Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2017
Only take this job if your desperate, as the management here can be a pain in the donkey. When you first start out its not bad and everyone will help you. Once you obtain Full salary that's when everything goes downhill and will stay there until you can't take it anymore and find the desire to look for new work. If it were not for the Union you will find it hard to work here.
Pros
there are none
Cons
long hours especially during peak season.
Productive and flexible place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2017
Worked night shift it can be rather easy in the summer tome but when the christmas rush comes in expect long nights and make sure to be in very good physical condition. They are very flexible with your hours no reason not to apply.
Pros
Free lunch some fridays
Cons
Takes a toll on your body over time
Learn Customer Service Skills
Willow Park Village (cashier) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2017
It was my first job as customer service associate and I learned a lot how to deal with different type of customer. Salary was good for a starter and there is always room for advancement .
Disorganized
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2017
Overall ambiance is good and the management is cooperative but the company is pretty huge and disorganized when it comes to communication and implementing the system.
Fun work outside on the street
WALKER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2017
As a driver's assistant the priority is to organize the route packages to deliver them during the day to the customers. Making an electronic record of each and every one of them according to the rules of the company.
Productive and fun place to work.
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
I would get into work, clock in then we would head to our assigned trailers and start offloading packages. Once I was done, I would inform my supervisor and he would assign a new trailer. Sometimes the supervisor would come inside the trailer with you and help you unload. Some days he would stand at the door and see what speed your taking to off load a trailer. Most of the days we would work two people in a trailer and that was good, you could get work done faster. The hardest part of the job was when we got heavy packages and we were short on staff so you had to do it all by yourself. The part that I liked about my job was that you were assigned to offload a trailer and your supervisor would let you get to work and not bother you.
Pros
You can see your making contributions by the work your doing.
Cons
Having heavy packages.
Good team, unappreciated employees and very very very bad mAnagement
Ramp Agent part time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2017
Had fun with my team, but the rest of the experience was horrible. Majority of management only cared about the boxes and their job. Employees were treated as slaves; unappreciated, over worked, their opinions don't matter. Management/supervisors are always right no matter what they do. Human resources is being influenced and partial in their judgment. Zero opportunities for self improvement and advancement.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Highly horrible management
Good.
Package Handler/Pickoff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2016
Good place to be would return had a blast would return one day also would like to say the world was nice and let me work a lot it was a fun time to exist.
Enjoyable place
Prairie Region Brokerage Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
The work was enjoyable and challenging, I enjoyed my peers. I enjoyed the travel and the training was great. The team was always near by to assist.
Pros
home office
Cons
management challenges
wonderful staff
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
co- workers made the job enjoyable to go to everyday. Gained lots of new knowledge. Worked in the warehouse and as a customer service representative.

510.2K