UPS Employee Reviews

Found 735 reviews matching the search See all 28,508 reviews
Not a place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC13 December 2018
I worked 2 days and it was 2 days too long. I was hired to work the evening shift from 5pm to 11pm. I told them that I had school and could not do more hours at hiring. The second day, I started at 4:45pm and at 11:30pm I went to ask my supervisor if I could leave because I had to wake up at 5am for school.
He said "Your not allow". I told him I advised my situation and cannot work any longer. He told me the trucks were still coming in and the night before he finished at 4am. I told him that it was impossible for me to work that late. His reply "You have no choice".So I quit, that is my choice. Np breaks after 8pm. I even spoke to the night manager and he did not seem concerned.
If you enjoy working non stop for 12 hours with only 1 "15 minute break" then this is the job for you.
Pros
Get paid
Cons
Never let you go home
It was Okay
EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 December 2018
Not my favourite place to work. Some managers were bullies and felt they could get away with it. Training was minimal a figure it out for yourself attitude.
Not great
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON10 December 2018
Hired meat. Treated like garbage. Trailers are extremely dirty, bring a mask of some sort. Every time you put a package down dust and dirt fly up in the air. Imagine that every day for 5 hours a day lets say. Some managers are great and treat you like a human. Other managers are like slave owners. Horrible place to work but if you need money fast go for it.
Pros
There are hours to work.
Cons
Horrible working conditions.
Ne paye pas le bon salaire et le bon nombre d'heure
marcheur (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC10 December 2018
Je n'ai pas travailler longtemps pour eu, mais c'es déjà trop. À chaque semaine, il me manque au moins 3 hrs de travail, car il se trompe sans arrêt. De plus, il ne paye pas le salaire conclut à l'entrevu (c'est environ 125$ de moins par semaine). Et la direction ne peux jamais rien faire... Compagnie à éviter.
Pros
Aucun
Cons
pas de pause, dans le rush tout le temps, salaire, direction, heure, etc
Fast paced and stressful, but fun and great benefits
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 December 2018
UPS was one of the best employers I have ever had. I will admit that the work isn't for anyone as in my 4 months at UPS as a Pre-loader, I saw about 1 person every second week interview and show up for only one day.

It is stressful and fast paced, but it felt fulfilling and the benefits were amazing. (Where else would you get pension, medical and dental for part-time jobs?)
Pros
great benefits, good wage growth, strong union
Cons
stressful, fast paced hard work, not for everyone.
Unorganized, False advertising,
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 December 2018
Originally, I thought had high hopes for the job, but after working for a few days, I now know better.

First, HR says, and they advertise that warehouse workers would make over minimum wage per hour. However, when you receive your paycheck you find out they pay minimum wage. Then HR will make excuses for why they haven't paid the amount they promise. People have been working for over a month and still have not received the promised amount. When you tell the managers, that you haven't been paid, they don't care.

Management will also sometimes try to get workers to stay past their shift when we're understaffed. They'll tell everyone that they will receive bonus money or win something if they stay. This would be great if they actually paid the bonus to people who stay.
They have no number to call if you will be absent so people just don't show up and you never know who is coming to work and who is not.

Overall, management is unorganized, uncaring and push you to work while they refuse to pay you. Oh, and they can change your shift when they want and you're expected to show up. Even if the contract has set hours for you to work. The only good thing about working here are your coworkers. Honestly, just stay away.
Pros
Pizza on Fridays, overtime
Cons
don't pay what they advertise, change your shift whenever
pay is horrible
sorter (Current Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON30 November 2018
great place to work...the co-workers are amazing always willing to help..the enviroment is good...the only bad thing I can say about UPS is the pay is horrible.$14 to start and its hard and not worth it..
Cons
bad pay
Non cooperative and low paying employer
Tax and Administration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 November 2018
Mostly unfriendly work environment, no growth opportunity. Non flexible work hours. Hostile behavior from managers. Low pay scale, no opportunity for moving ahead and learning. Very labour oriented company.
Low pay!!!!!! For the amount of work!
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON27 November 2018
Don't expect much! Low pay and you cannot come late or god forbid get sick because if you just got hired they will fire you and come talk to you about being sick! Teaches you a lot of things but I'm glad i left i hated the time i worked there
Pros
you learn about yourself!
Cons
no social life and low pay!
Busy workplace with a friendly environment
Part Time Status Caller (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB26 November 2018
Working from the start off the day until you were off, but not overworked. I learned a lot about the company and how to deal with stressed / angry customers. Management was understanding and kind. Workplace culture was very group based and you could make friends quickly. Hardest part of the job was learning how to do the work haha. Most enjoyable part was the phone calls :)
Pros
Company / holiday partys
Cons
non stop work
Belle équipe de travail
Operations manager, clerk, customer service (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB25 November 2018
J'ai bien aimé travailler chez UPS, par contre, le salaire et le nombre d'heures ne me satisfaisaient aucunement
They care about the money and not the people
Operations Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2018
Absolutely the worst place I have ever worked. Horrible management and extremely understaffed for the amount of work needed to be done. The only good thing I took away from this job was a few computer skills and a couple life long friendships.
Pros
The drivers
Cons
its perfect if you need extra cash
(Sorter) Concord (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON22 November 2018
The benefits are great hours are reasonable and you will always grow with in the company from sorting to unloading driving and more like supervisor or safety rep ups has many opportunities perfect if your a student of just need some extra cash
Pros
short shifts with benefits
Cons
takes a while to reach top rate
UPS Downtime Work
Part Time Seasonal Customer Service Contract (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario19 November 2018
It was one of a roller coaster rides working with UPS, Canada as a delivery assistant to the driver during the peak season of Winters. We delivered atleast 100 addresses in 4 hours.
Bien
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 November 2018
Travailler pour cette compagnie m'a permis d'améliorer plusieurs aspects de ma personne. Je recommande cette compagnie à tous.
Pros
salaire
Cons
Vie personnel atteinte
Good place when needing a job
Walker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 November 2018
Its very welcoming for the most part and it's great to be apart of the UPS culture, good values, decent shift times, weekly pay, but as soon as management messes up they will blame you for their mistakes and become very rude. Training was also terrible, person teaching you isnt even doing the same type of route you would be doing nor could they even bring up an extra scanner between 3 people trying to be trained. Said they will bring it up and never did, really unprofessional honestly.
Pros
Decent shifts
Cons
Rude management, Bad Pay for Newcomers for the work they are having to do, organized training.
Low pay for newbies
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2018
Low starting pay for the work required, training is very weak, sink or swim. You'l never work with a more unhappy group of people. Raely a thank-you or a job well done. if you don't have senority your hours get cut big time after busy seasons.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
heavy workloads
Best place I ever work for
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 November 2018
Management at UPS is excellent. They think of you as a person and not a number. If you need help to improve yourself there is someone there to assis you. Great place to advance in the company.
The also help the community. Involved with JDRF .
Pros
Closes at 9 and no weekends
Good hours.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 November 2018
I learned different computer skills. Having to reach high targets of tags per hour was difficult. There were different sizes of centres to process and if you were given all small ones it was very hard to make your goals.
Pros
Good hours, no weekends.
Cons
Double standards.
Good experience
Air Sort Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  jane and steeles7 November 2018
The memories I shared with my team at the company I worked for can never be erased. I learned a lot while being in management, and I hope I'll get the chance to grow somewhere else.

510.4K