UPS Employee Reviews

Found 755 reviews matching the search See all 29,833 reviews
This job was physically demanding but overall okay.
Package handler sorted packages, and loaded trucks (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC18 January 2019
Large influx of packages. I learned how to work more efficiently and quickly. Management left a little to be desired, in terms of organization and leadership. Not much help when problems arose. Not a very cheerful atmosphere. Constant heavy lifting, and having to overextend. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I
exceeded the required quota for each day.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
disorganized
Can be a fun workplace if you make it
Package car driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2019
Review the load of my vehicle and inspection of vehicle
I learned about my customers needs and how best to serve them
Management while sometimes frustrating are helpful to achieve the goals of my position
There is a camaraderie between the other drivers and other workers
There is a heavy workload that can overwhelm you if you let it
No one watching over every aspect of your work and the people you meet
Pros
benefits package is very generous
Cons
heavy work load
Lay off
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON1 February 2019
If you want to go to work everyday and look at some schmucks with unrealistic expectations who do NOTHING but tell you to do better.
They have a HUGE turnover rate, if you don't quit you'll probably get layed off instead.
Management likes to overwork and demand way to much for what you're getting payed to start with. Do you really want to do this for four years? NO. Save your body and don't apply here, it's not exorcise is modern day slavery.
Benefits
Cons
Fast paced and stressful, but fun and great benefits
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 December 2018
UPS was one of the best employers I have ever had. I will admit that the work isn't for anyone as in my 4 months at UPS as a Pre-loader, I saw about 1 person every second week interview and show up for only one day.

It is stressful and fast paced, but it felt fulfilling and the benefits were amazing. (Where else would you get pension, medical and dental for part-time jobs?)
Pros
great benefits, good wage growth, strong union
Cons
stressful, fast paced hard work, not for everyone.
Not a place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC13 December 2018
I worked 2 days and it was 2 days too long. I was hired to work the evening shift from 5pm to 11pm. I told them that I had school and could not do more hours at hiring. The second day, I started at 4:45pm and at 11:30pm I went to ask my supervisor if I could leave because I had to wake up at 5am for school.
He said "Your not allow". I told him I advised my situation and cannot work any longer. He told me the trucks were still coming in and the night before he finished at 4am. I told him that it was impossible for me to work that late. His reply "You have no choice".So I quit, that is my choice. Np breaks after 8pm. I even spoke to the night manager and he did not seem concerned.
If you enjoy working non stop for 12 hours with only 1 "15 minute break" then this is the job for you.
Pros
Get paid
Cons
Never let you go home
Busy workplace with a friendly environment
Part Time Status Caller (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB26 November 2018
Working from the start off the day until you were off, but not overworked. I learned a lot about the company and how to deal with stressed / angry customers. Management was understanding and kind. Workplace culture was very group based and you could make friends quickly. Hardest part of the job was learning how to do the work haha. Most enjoyable part was the phone calls :)
Pros
Company / holiday partys
Cons
non stop work
fast paced working place
STORE MANAGER, MARKETING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2019
Its a fair working place with zero growing opportunity. You cannot really expect to get to the next level as there is no such thing. You really have to consider and find out whether you want see yourself in the same position where you started.
Pros
dealing with local people, local businesses
Cons
handling heavy packages, physical labour job, low income
Not great
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON10 December 2018
Hired meat. Treated like garbage. Trailers are extremely dirty, bring a mask of some sort. Every time you put a package down dust and dirt fly up in the air. Imagine that every day for 5 hours a day lets say. Some managers are great and treat you like a human. Other managers are like slave owners. Horrible place to work but if you need money fast go for it.
Pros
There are hours to work.
Cons
Horrible working conditions.
Ne paye pas le bon salaire et le bon nombre d'heure
marcheur (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC10 December 2018
Je n'ai pas travailler longtemps pour eu, mais c'es déjà trop. À chaque semaine, il me manque au moins 3 hrs de travail, car il se trompe sans arrêt. De plus, il ne paye pas le salaire conclut à l'entrevu (c'est environ 125$ de moins par semaine). Et la direction ne peux jamais rien faire... Compagnie à éviter.
Pros
Aucun
Cons
pas de pause, dans le rush tout le temps, salaire, direction, heure, etc
Good place when needing a job
Walker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 November 2018
Its very welcoming for the most part and it's great to be apart of the UPS culture, good values, decent shift times, weekly pay, but as soon as management messes up they will blame you for their mistakes and become very rude. Training was also terrible, person teaching you isnt even doing the same type of route you would be doing nor could they even bring up an extra scanner between 3 people trying to be trained. Said they will bring it up and never did, really unprofessional honestly.
Pros
Decent shifts
Cons
Rude management, Bad Pay for Newcomers for the work they are having to do, organized training.
The job as I see it
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON3 February 2019
Working in a 3rd Party Logistics within UPS, allows me to understand the importance of ensuring all shipment are moved in a timely manner to the customer. Especially in the Medical field it is important that goods are delivered daily.
Pros
Friendly people and room for advancement
Cons
Early hours and low wages based on experience
Good paying job with too much overtime
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 October 2018
Excellent job if you want to make lots of money after 4 years. However, work life balance is very difficult, because your shift will start from 9am till finished which could be as late as 9pm. At first you will be a swing driver covering for absencees and drivers gone on holidays. This can be overwhelming, but if your patients you will learn all the routes until you get your own route which is only available if a full time driver resigns or a new one is posted or made up.
Pros
Excellent pay once you reach top rate
Cons
Long hours tough work
Small business retail work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2018
The Sales Associate position is a pretty good step into retail, this particular store has a lot of different duties to perform but it gets easy to get into the swing of things after a month and if you actually take initiative to do so.

Main duties are split between processing shipments and document printing services. Sometimes there's bigger orders but there's more leeway in processing time. Usually there's a pretty inconsistent stream of foot traffic in store; it can be dead for a few hours, then immediately drop into a rush within five minutes.

Management is okay, they're never really in store all that often, but they're quick to answer questions when you need help. Workplace culture could be better though, the store is frankly understaffed and could use more training to keep all the associates on a similar wavelength.
Horrible management and pay
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2019
I worked as a preloader. They don't give you enough time to load so everyone has packages piled up around all sides, making actually doing your job pretty much impossible. Peoples packages are thrown, stepped on, and treated like garbage. In an 8 hour day you get one unpaid 15 minute break (which is illegal).

They claim it's all bout teamwork, but they send most people home too early leaving one or two people to do a ridiculous amount of work. It could be done in 5 minutes if they just make everyone do it.

To top it all off they didn't pay me for the first two weeks I was there. When they did pay me it was the wrong amount and still missing one week. I talked to them multiple times and it wasn't until the fourth time they started getting it right. Although I still had to wait two weeks after that just to get my first weeks paycheque.

UPS does not care about it's workers at all.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Everything else.
unpaid wages and one of the worst experiences , make sure you check your hours
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 November 2018
one of the worst experiences, rude staff rude management (alot of angry old people, probably mad at the company too) ,
unpaid wages ,
had to run after hr even if i was registered for directdeposit and i still didnt get paid til this day its been 1 month so far
had to quit
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
unpaid wages
its perfect if you need extra cash
(Sorter) Concord (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON22 November 2018
The benefits are great hours are reasonable and you will always grow with in the company from sorting to unloading driving and more like supervisor or safety rep ups has many opportunities perfect if your a student of just need some extra cash
Pros
short shifts with benefits
Cons
takes a while to reach top rate
They care about the money and not the people
Operations Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2018
Absolutely the worst place I have ever worked. Horrible management and extremely understaffed for the amount of work needed to be done. The only good thing I took away from this job was a few computer skills and a couple life long friendships.
Pros
The drivers
Cons
Sometimes work flows good and sometimes it's stress full.
Package Handler and Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 October 2018
Stress full sometimes,
Learn how things works,
Management are not to professional,
All types witch is good.
Rush to do your job without getting hurt.
You get to meet lots of people and have new friends.
Pros
Salary and Benefits are good with long term.
Cons
Stress and physical body pain with time.
Great place to find a career
Preloader/driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 September 2018
You can start here as a package handler and in a few years become a driver and make great money. It takes 4 years for top wage but if your young or a student it's a good place to start. Job can be physically demanding at times. You are working in every weather condition in a warehouse . Postings go up all the time for driver positions and they promote from within before going outside the building .
Pros
Good management and career advancement oppurtunities
Cons
Part time to start, 4 years til top wage
a lot of insatisfaction amoung employee
CUSTOMS RATER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 September 2018
A typical day at work, stressful. you learn most of the time on your own, despite the training provide online, monthly. the management is mainly impolite. the multiculture aspect is at 100%, employee from all over the place. the hardest part of the job is to be push to the limit and work in a team missing members, and being treated as a #
Pros
Average heath benefits
Cons
Dress code, 99.5% of the employee insatisfied \Salary 98.5% insatisfied

510.8K