UPS
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

UPS Employee Reviews

Found 1,273 reviews matching the searchSee all 46,849 reviews

Stressful and fast paced

Don't work there unless you ready to sweat.It's very fast paced so the time flies by but it's also stressful to pack the trucks in a specific numeral order.

Do not Recommend Milton Location

Management was not good - did not provide proper documentation for working there & far from understanding. They told me I could take the day off and tried hiring another person behind my back to take my position - very dishonest management.

High turnover rate

This job is not for everyone. You need really thick skin to deal with the unorganized company. There is loads of overtime but the pay structure is brutal. Your basically making 19 an hour for first 4 yrs . No benefits or pension until 1 year service. Your first year your not guaranteed hours and in February your possible lat off due to lack of work. Weekend work is optional. Training is terrible due to covid.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Stress, unorganized company no one knows what is going on half the time.

Highly motivated workplace northbound

It was a highly motivated workplace management is hard working and motivated the workplace was quite peaceful but hard-working most of the way is heavy but very magical

It seems like most of the mgt team are relying on the fact you need to get paid...

I'm in a situation where I don't need the minimum wage job more so than I just like to work. Because of this the junior met team, area leaders will straight up ignore me because I have no problem putting in my 2 cents during the meetings we have at the start of every shift. It makes for a horrible work environment for someone in my situation. Receiving the silent treatment from team leaders is something I'd expect from 2 or 3 year olds.Upper mat is however a different case, I have 2 people I can see as a last resort and they are both great at working through situations. The positive is I joined the union immediately, so no matter the stress I can't be fired so I just go with the flow of the situation. But, I guess I will say I'm extremely happy this is a short term opportunity for me. I feel horrible for the people there who have no choice.If you meet good people its a great day, but if your stuck with some sour grape who won't stop bad mouthing procedures or gives out the silent treatment. Makes you want to run from the company. Because of the union these employees only have to do a minimum to stay safe.Seeing a environment like I have witnessed over the pass month, I get the feeling this is a business where rules come down from a desk to the floor, and that's how it is. Makes me wonder when the last time a manager took a group of 4 or 5 people aside and asked, what do you need to make your job better, more efficient. This is a step I learned years ago as a manager, to pull small groups randomly that dont disrupt the work day, if you hear the same thing after 2, 3, -

Pros

Part time with a very lenient start time, upper mgt is very good at dealing with situations on the downlow

Cons

100% of the junior mgt, team leads and favoritism with in that click.

Unethical and greedy company

They don't practice what they preach. They are old fashioned and treat employees badly. It's not a good place to work and they're only going downhill.

Pros

The coworkers

Cons

Greedy and unethical

Horrible, demeaning and borderline ridiculous.

Stay away from this Ups if you can help it. I have never been treated so poorly and so rudely by a new employer in my own lifetime, but promised the moon and nice as pie before i joined. For me, it is a disappointing and almost embarrassing experience for myself and my family. Go for it.

Too much work

Management doesn't communicate. There is no fixed shift. They always let you know what time you need to come next day. If you ask for day off they strictly say NO.

Fun place to work

Day to day activities are strenuous but work life and balance are there. I just wish the pay was better. Your co-workers are helpful. Everything is good there.

Pros

Cafeteria

Cons

Pay

Flexibility

Great part-time job. You become part of a team that excite individuals. You fell a sense of accomplishment whenever you complete the days activities. It also keeps you fit.

Cons

Outside work in rain, snow and sun

management

This is a union job with great benefits for part time students. Problems are the following:1. Union unwilling to uphold the contract agreement of creating full time jobs(better since 2018).2. Forced overtime for part time employees and full time drivers3. Working harder not smarter.4. Most drivers don't take their allowed breaks 50 min unpaid and are deducted from their day. Good luck, buy UPS stock, take your breaks and drive the speed limit.

Pros

benefits, stock plan, top rate pay and work variety

Cons

force overtime, part time rate for full time work, union dues

Workplace Bullying in full force. Untrained leaders in human resource interactions.

Extremely difficult management team. Considered it a hostile work environment for some employees. Watched numerous people forced out on disability because they couldn't tolerate the bullying from management. And then watched as it was my turn to be demoralized and forced out. Most management were young adults who had no idea how to handle people in a positive constructive way. In my five years there I witnessed 8 different employees forced out by various tactics of workplace harassment. Pay and benefits were good, coworkers for the most part were very supportive but team leaders and department heads left much to be desired.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Lack of compassionate and trained management.

Fun and fast paced.

Physical job that makes you stronger overtime. The hours are part time which isn’t great for people with bills to pay so it would be best to get a second job. The co workers and supervisors are great people.

Pros

night shift, weekly pay

Cons

part time

tres stimulant

Emplacement stimulent et tres agreable les employers sont gentil et les superviseurs comprehensible. Des que tu rentre travailler tu est bien acceuilli par le personnels.

Loved working there but

I enjoyed my high stress job at ups but when it came down to my mental health they failed me so dissapointing i was so loyal hard working sigh ah well from hero to zero it wasnt fun

Pros

Fast paced many ppl

Cons

Long hours high stress no loyalty

Sales Customer service: difficult for University Student

It is fast paced, but an okay job if you are not a student. It is hard, but I learnt significant sills that could be applied in other work places too. So overall it was okay.

work there long enough, it will be the good part-time job

starting salary is lower than expected, but it can increase over time( max salary after 3 years ). people are great but managers are fine. compared to amazon warehouse, ups warehouse looks like a prison. if you are a driver, stress level is increased by 10 folds.

Pros

work life balance is great.

Cons

only 2 bathrooms in whole place.

Fast paced,

You can not trust Supervisors!I have learned to only trust myself!Hardest part of the Job: Disorganization The most enjoyable part was leaving the warehouse/heading to your area!\

Pros

Good money and Benifits

Cons

Trust

Pretty dogwater job

As someone who is working here for more than a year it's pretty bad. The more you know the more you are abused in terms of the more they will request you do. The turn over rate( so people not coming back) is so high that the building is completely understaffed all that time.

Pros

Nice co workers if you are lucky

Cons

Terrible inexperienced management

Horrible

Horrible place to work, long hours and stressful environment. This business is so disorganized. If you want to work for a company that does not care about your physical and mental health, this is the one for you.

Cons

12 hour days on a regular basis, and not appreciated

Terrrible pay & no advancement

Not worth your time. You can advance further & make more money elsewhere. Management is fairly clueless as well. There is a lot of favoritism going on & an immature working environment, like high school. Attractive women will be treated better, but may also be harassed by employees & supervisors alike.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

16.3K