UPS Employee Reviews

Fun positive workplace with teamwork.
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB19 June 2018
I love my job. Everyone is huge on teamwork. Our job is fun to be at with little percks we get. The hours are great. Everyone enjoys helping each other so we all recwive benifits.
so boring
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 June 2018
I worked their as a last minute co-op position and occasionally was hired to work weekends, by occasionally i mean like twice.

It was very very slow there, I hardly got trained to do anything. I just stayed in the back and printed photos on cups .. so when I did work on the weekends without the management team I had no Idea what I was doing and all the work had to be done by the other girl working there.
Pros
Cons
slow, boring, no proper training.
A fast-paced job dealing with the public
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 June 2018
The job I found interesting, especially the shipping.
My employer was quite reasonable with me but the pay was not great. It can be a stressful, fast paced job that can be quite demanding, you have to be able to multi-task and manage your time well in order to serve clients appropriately and quickly. I did stay for 5+ years until family needed me more.
Pros
interesting, didn't get bored, fast paced
Cons
low pay
Over worked and Underpaid
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2018
I was promised salary when taking this position. I worked Monday to Saturday from 9-6. I work roughly 52 hours a week and was only paid less then $450 a week.
I enjoyed working with customers. But my heart is in graphic design, not managing a failing business by myself.
fun work envronment
Organizer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 June 2018
had a fun expereince management was very nice and enjoyed the overall work as well as the knowledge i gained from this job. I also learned how to use a walkie and a gun to locate items and boxes throughout a big warehouse.
UPS Canada
Brokerage Rater (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB1 June 2018
Excellent work environment. The team is amazing. There are many opportunities within the company, so you can keep learning on different departments. Goood training offered
A very fast paced environment
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON29 May 2018
Typical day started with me heading to my truck and doing a circle check around the truck. Ensuring that all turn signals and break lights are in good working order. The oil and all fluids, windshields are topped up as well as the tire pressure. Once complete the I would have to scan the packages in the truck are all on board by doing a physical count making sure that 8 of 8 pieces art there. Any express packages on board would need to be delivered first due to time sensitivity. by about 3:00pm the package picks would start.
Pros
work on my own
Cons
Hi stress job due to the fast paced environment
Fun and Laidback
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 May 2018
Welcoming and friendly environment. The best part was interaction with customers. I learned how to ship packages and gained a lot of customer service skills.
Challenging and Demanding work environment
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 May 2018
Given the opportunity to work in different departments within the company ( allowed me to learn great deal regarding operations, management, and most currently planning and optimization -industrial engineering
Pros
Job security/ Benefits
Cons
Work/Life balance is often overlooked
chauffeur
Chauffeur-livreur (Former Employee) –  Blainville, QC24 May 2018
depuis que je suis employe chez eux j'ai travailler juste une journée comme helper
Cons
pas de garantis d 'heur meme pas un coup de file
It's a get in get out job
Clerical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2018
Most people are nice, you're expected to get in and get out and that's pretty much it. No real culture or uplifting environment... obviously, it's a warehouse. Will also add, the place is HIGHLY ignorant, I mean I guess it makes sense since majority of the workers are from third world countries. Lots of harassment, homophobia and overall lack of respect for other human beings.
Pros
Free education and growth if you play your cards right
Cons
late shifts, with very ignorant human beings
Fun but depend on your supervisor
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON20 May 2018
Environment most times get very busy and fun to work but not interesting when the flow of work from the lines are slow because staff may be ask to round up.
Beautiful
Seasonal Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 May 2018
Working with UPS has been an honour, all of my co workers, and supervisors are amazing. Very healthy and professional environment to work within. The Company is very efficient.
Was treated terribly
Walker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 May 2018
When i worked here i was treated unfairly and was forced to risk my own safety multiple times. I was made to walk through the bay doors, and i was also made to jump out of a moving vehicle by one of the drivers. when I brought it up no one did a thing. just say that because i lived a fair amount away they wouldn't have hired me in the first place.
acceptable place to work
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 May 2018
A good place to work temporarily only. Only thing good about this company is that its a union job with extremely very good benefits. Its a good place for someone who wants to work part time or anyone close to retirement age. Starting pay is minimum until 2 years and isn't worth working for that much for the amount of work that is given.
Pros
free dinner occasionaly
Cons
5 hour shiifts sometimes less with the pay rate of $11/h
Won't work there again
former employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2018
Training sucks, supervisor is worry more for going home early rather than training you properly. Got let go the second week because I did 100 stops in 12 hours, what do they expect from me in such a short time and horrible training and extreme pressure????
Pros
good money unless you have an accident
Cons
everything you can imagine as BAD!!!!!!!
Soul-draining
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 May 2018
The work is far too difficult for the measly, barely-above-minimum wage that they give. You must work Monday to Friday but are only guaranteed 15 hours a week, however you are expected to have full time availabilities (you could be working anywhere between noon and 7pm). They demand nearly impossible goals that are basically never met by anyone, such as 950 packages sorted per hour in small sort (when most average 600-700) or 250 packages when loading trucks (which I don't believe I've ever seen reached - closest was just over 200). Goals like this that require so much effort are insulting when they refuse to pay anything above a poverty wage to the package handlers. Instead of a decent wage, they'll often buy pizza or enter you in a raffle to win an iPad or things like this, but these things do not pay the bills.

The plus side is that there is the chance for mobility, but few people I work with are even interested in positions such as supervisor as they all see how much stress they go through. Everyone is stretched thin since the company only wants to have the absolute minimum number of employees available at any given time.
Pros
Pizza occasionally?
Cons
Everything else
Great job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON8 May 2018
Work the hours you can work, get trained
Friendly staff, great place to work, paid weekly
part time or full time hours
night or day time shifts
some typing and writing
they didnt train me right
Package Handler/ In-Store representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 May 2018
I dealt with a lot of nonsense in the niagara location, but there could be some better locations, if the management and training was better then it could have worked out.
Very enjoyable experience
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 April 2018
This gave me a look at how much goes into delivering packages to customers and how important it is to get it done right. I got a good idea on how packages are delivered in the order they should be.

59.4K