UBS Employee Reviews

Unique Broadband Systems Ltd. is well-known worldwide for its strong focus on research and development. UBS is recognized globally for its uncompromising approach to producing state-of-the-art satellite, military, television and radio communication equipment, such as power amplifiers, transmitters, receivers, modulators and an array of passive components.
Expérience très enrichissante Sur les plans professionnels et humains
Good level Hi Tec company with strong engineering team and wish be more profesional general menagement. The company have good potential if take restructure actions.
Great place to work, very happy to have worked there. would recommend to friends and families looking for a new place of employment. Thank you again. .
Leadership is fake and deceitful. They.have not had any organic AUA growth since the current President took over in 2010. That means the only growth has been on the coat tails of the markets. The sales environment is toxic and the Compliance department has turned over 100% virtually every 18 months for the last decade. Don't be fooled by the UBS brand. UBS in Canada is an embarrassment to the brand at large. The furniture and equipment and technology applications are archaic. They hire people on contract and never convert to full-time. They lie to New Jersey and to the regulators.
Pros
They paid me on time
Cons
I have been working at UBS for quite a few years and can only recommend working for this global leader in Wealth Management. UBS many opportunities for different type of skills/positions
Post financial crisis, still going through constant changes but new top leadership seems to have the right focus on strategic initiatives and risk reduction with back to basics philosophy.
Pros
Good work life balance and industry standard salary and benefits.
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
Fast-paced environment, learn time management, data entry and I enjoyed meeting new people. I enjoyed working with the clients and meeting new individuals.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Late hours
I assisted the CAMLO in policies and procedures updates, audit reviews, risk and control assessments, monitor and surveillance of unwanted business relationships or transactions, account openings approval.
stressful environment and harsh. Competitive Pay. A typical day of internship includes sitting with senior bankers and develop execution plan for pitch decks, build models, and performing due dillignce
Pros
free dinner after 8pm
Cons
This was an internship when I was in school, at the time UBS was doing very poorly so the experience was mixed. Interesting work to learn, but people were not available for questions.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
poor environment
J'ai été engagé a mon école comme technicien en soutien informatique. Je trouvais ce boulot amusant a faire car j'étais intéresser a la technologie des choses.
Very rewarding experience. Great people and management. Being in a small team allows for greater interaction with senior management while being involved in all aspect of finance to a greater degree.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Limited opportunities for career advancement
Great place to develop. A great overall experience. Gained Valuable knowledge on deescalating situations I loved the the environment at Wells Fargo Financials and would never leave this employer,
I worked here as an intern and i was in love with the work place. Of course, you will love your job when you like your manager and co-workers. This organization can make or break your career.
Pros
Employee care, work from home
Cons
Self learn depending on manager
I interned with UBS during university and while I was excited to have the opportunity to work there it definitely isn't somewhere I'd want to work long term. The work was challenging and I found that managers really expected you to go above and beyond in order to learn. There was very little support provided and the culture was very negative.
A typical day involved generating and emailing risk reports, monitoring trade accounts for discrepancies, calculating PnL for traders and developing and enhancing Excel VBA macros. The position involved teamwork where each member's responsibilities were essential. It allowed me to enhance my teamwork skills; many daily tasks involved interdependence of roles. Management was attentive and supportive and my colleagues were enthusiastic, devoted and a little quirky. They maintained a team dynamic that was conducive to openness, productivity and enhancing the overall well-being of the members. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like a valuable member of the team. The most challenging part was having to work long hours on auxiliary projects.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks (sodas, juices, teas, coffee)
Cons
Non-stop work from day in and out Learned how to multitask very well
the management constantly humiliate you to perform better, dangling the carrot stick with no actual carrot!
Great place to work. Challenging environment where one can maximize strengths and develop weaknesses.
Independent work environment. Challenging work material. Knowledgable staff