U-Haul Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 3,810 reviews
Customer Service Rep
Senior CS Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 January 2019
Really Low wage for the work. Computers dont work and management is the worst. Really outdated software that customers know how bad the whole situation is. Good owner but he need to be more informed.
Low pay great people
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 June 2017
The pay is not worth ever working here. They demand demand demand and when you do it they tell you not good enough. The people are great. You make great relationships and the benefits if youre full time are amazing. But higher mamagement has many flaws and they demand you do other peoples jobs because theyre too cheap to hire anyone else. They demand quotas - which is fine but if you do not make that number they will fire you. This job used to be about helping families move instead in my time with uhaul im sure families will never use us again.

They promote people who are not qualified and then do not train them (but blame them for their lack of knowledge).

Do not work here if you dont enjoy lots of overtime - doing others jobs. And terrible management
Pros
Great people
Cons
...everything
Reservation Managers Work hard and go fast
Reservation Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 June 2017
The people were good however if targets where not being met the environment became hostile. they have a tendency of promoting people to positions where they are under qualified and it shows
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2017
Scheduling work for technician's, training and advising tech's on the work that is required for both the truck and trailer fleet. The hardest part of my job is to make sure that a quality repair is done so as to better serve our customer's. Workplace culture is up beat and the tech's are enjoyable to be around. Management is like all management, requiring a complete and professional job to better serve our customer's. The hardest part of my job is to keep the tech's informed and train them when required, including helping them diagnose problem's when required.
Pros
Working with good tech's
Cons
Rate of pay
A Bad Manager made for an unpleasant work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
The job may have been a good retail/service atmosphere to be in if only the manager had not been a bad influence. Once this became apparent, working at U-Haul was no longer a comfortable environment to be in daily.

Management was changed sometime after I parted ways with the company and I heard from staff that the atmosphere improved greatly.
fun place
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 January 2017
you typical customer service job stocking inventory and making reservations all schedules are done online so you can check it when ever and you get some pretty good benefits
laid back most days
Storage Facility Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2017
co-workers can be annoying, the manager is good, most days are pretty slack and laid back but they like switch up your schedule last minute and not tell you about it, if you like mopping taking this job
Pros
can be pretty chill most days
Cons
they don't like giving raises and you'll never move forward
Porductive and fun place to work for
Reservation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 August 2016
Great place to work for, filled with great people to work with. Uhual is very organized and clean. They have the best benefits as well as management is very prodcutive.
The Most Educational job I have ever worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 May 2016
Greeting customers and receiving/dispatching trucks is typically done on a daily basis as a customer service representative. Checking the mileage, fuel and vehicle condition is a vital process in the job.

When I was working for U-Haul, I was not mechanically experienced. It was gruelling to find out that I have not stepped out of my comfort zone until I worked for U-haul. It has taught me lessons and practicality. My coworkers were very informative and they are very adept at Uhaul.
Pros
Free Turkey
Cons
Gives little to no shifts to newer employees
lots to do
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 March 2015
checking cash drawers check in equipment open store check for reservations clean truck as required check storage locker for damage I learn a lot about maintenance of vehicles
Pros
the customers
Cons
long days
decent job, managementok.
hitch/wireing install (Current Employee) –  century st wpg21 August 2014
work in a semi alone environment installing trailer hitches and wireing on customer vehicles. .
Good for part time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 May 2014
UHaul is a pretty good place to work, if you are looking for flexibility. Seldom a slow, boring moment while working.
Pros
busy, time goes by quickly. Variety, there are plenty of different jobs to do so it doesn't get boring
Cons
Hard/dirty work, don't wear nice shoes or clothes, and you're on your feet alot
Nice work place and good management
Hitch Technician (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, MB17 May 2014
had a great time at this job but they found a better hitch tech. but fun and good work to be with