U-Haul Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 4,200 reviews
a place where you feel comfortable and relaxed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2019
I feel that when I was working with my crew that no one felt out of place and we would joke around with my coworkers and we would work as a team. If someone was sick they would cover for you.
Pros
discounts on uhauls
Cons
some clents would get angry when they had to pay more for their rental
good customer service training
Assistant Manager/ Hitch pro (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2019
u haul is a fun environment where everyone is treated equally and treated like family. doing hitches and wiring as a hitch pro is nice because you get your own little bay to work in.
high pace, work on call 24/7, good but not good enough pay
Area Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2018
job is sporadic at best, you have your daily tasks to complete but at the same time you're thrown a million other tasks as every other department needs stuff done. any other manager would have support from their head office but because i'm the only system member 6 hours away it gets pretty difficult to get any sort of support. job pays well but with the amount of stuff we have to go through it could pay better. you literally have no social life as your work phone becomes your life and it never stops ringing. all in all it's a decent job, just needs some fine tuning and revisions from middle management
Pros
lots of travel, work my own hours, decent pay
Cons
middle management, days can stretch up to 18 hour days. on call 24/7
early work, hard work, punctual timing, very strict.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2018
as a customer service rep, i had many customers to deal with on a daily basis whether angry, or sad it becomes a huge burden on an employee working with uhaul and the stress is an absolutely atrocious to deal with but you live and learn as an any worker for any company and this one just happen to not be my company of choice due the fact of the amount done for work with no way of advancement .,
Good
Field Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2017
U-Haul is a good company to work for but trying to have a life outside of work is next to impossible. They give you a salary job and expect you to work 7 days a week non stop.
Decent pay but not worth the stress.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
It's a secure job if you follow every which rule they throw at you to an absolute T. Otherwise you run the risk of getting fired or written up.
You will absolutely encounter dilemmas as customers don't always understand policy.
Very thorough training: but almost too much to the point people just skip through it and don't read it fully.
There are definitely funny moments you will encounter as well! Makes for good stories to tell!
Pros
Decent pay, good hours if your willing to have an open schedule, makes for funny stories.
Cons
VERY strict management, co-workers like to gossip, trying to explain things to customers seems impossible, not having proper hitches in stock despite the computers saying you do.
I would not recommend applying here.
Clerk 1 / Reservations Manager(clerk) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2017
This job is underpaid for the amount of bullpoopyt a person is to undergo each shift.
You are required to go above and beyond for little to no appreciation.
Management doesn't know what the funk they are doing.
You as an employee are not cared about/for personally, all that matters is that the job gets done so that upper management can take the credit for it and look good.
If you want a job you can actually look forward to and not get taken advantage of or get treated like poopy then do not apply here.
Edmonton Alberta Uhaul Traffic Office.
Pros
Some of the people working in different compartments
Cons
Mcp, Tcm.
It's an ok place to work
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
I feel most of the people who actually work there are under paid for what they do. At the location I am at we are understaffed, and no one attempts to change anything that might help workers stay.
nice people
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 March 2017
too political for me to help make a difference. fighting an uphill battle to get staff that were honest and willing to work hard. its an american company through and through.
Pros
bbqs
Cons
political
u- haul
Truck and Trailer Mechanic Stationary and Mobile (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2016
this job required travel at anytime day or night and in any type of weather. great bunch of co-workers
Seemed positive initially.......
Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2016
Very low pay. Expect you to do several jobs. There is no discipline if they like you. You can be on facebook all day at work if you like. This was a terrible and unprofessional company to work for..... Do not apply at Uhaul.
Pros
minimum wage job
Cons
overworked, underpaid, management not professional
fast paced, always something different
Facility Maintainence Tech (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2015
easy to communicate with fellow peers, hard work and boring tasks but still fun. not much room for advancement have the ability to meet new people
Nice place to work, with the right people
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2015
I find that this is a really good company to work for and they are very supportive to anyone looking to get better training and advancement. Unfortunately lately there have been a lot of staff changes that has really impacted the overall dynamic which has made it difficult to continue staying motivated.
Pros
Great Company, Lots of Training and Support
Cons
No Stability
Review
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2015
A typical consisted of many calls from managers, customers and employees to cell phone. Dealing with issues with rentals and planning for the week ahead. Managing and scheduling the reservations for truck and trailer rentals, hitch installations, UBOX rentals and our self storage rentals. Doing safety walk arounds was a part of the daily routine. Every day was very unexpected as we dealt with a high volume of customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible days on and off
Great company
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2015
U-Haul is a great company to work for. I really have enjoyed working for them this far but I no longer have any advancment oppurtunities.
Great part time job
Reservation Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 April 2014
Great experience in traffic control and working phones. You learn to work in a fast paced and demanding work environment. Management is great, and they provide a supportive working environment.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Can be very demanding and stressful
Long hours and unexpected overtime due to staff shortages often
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2012
Great to help customers in time of need to move, lack of regular mechanic made this location difficult to maintain proper service level. Super co-workers, lack of management was difficult, as no one was there with experience to train new staff. Huge staff turn over, at this time. Poor corporate management at this location. Most enjoyable part of job was helping people solve storage and moving problems in seconds.
Pros
super support staff, we all worked as a family to help other families in need.
Cons
no corporate training or help even when computers crashed.