U-Haul Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 4,195 reviews
Long hours moderate rewards
AREA FIELD MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2019
I was responsible for recruiting, training, and supporting dealerships for U Haul products. I drove from dealership to dealership doing maintenance checks on equipment and trying to recruit dealerships in between.
Pros
worked alone
Cons
long hours, moderate pay
good but could be better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 December 2018
Upper management basically bullies you to get their way.
Depending on what store you work at, it can get dramatic.
Most customers are a headache and always looking to get something for free or a discount. Now don't get me wrong, some customers are great but when you get the already grumpy ones.. makes for a long rental. We get you're moving, we want to help but not when you're loosing it at us. All in all its a good place to work, always have hours to give and such. Just need a change in management.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
rude customers and bully upper management
Bad pay for work you do/ shawty management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2018
Minimum wage to deal with maximum problems. Especially at this location. Get crapped on by customers and management just tells you to deal with it. Management is very two faced and will say you’re doing a great job then tell everyone else your a horrible person. The Barlow location is simply the worst uhaul for customer service as well.
Pros
Discounts on moving supplies and vehicles
Cons
Shawty management/horrible pay
Uhaul lacks customer service & professionalism
Sr Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary26 April 2018
Swearing

Inappropriate behavior

Drugs on site you could smell it. If for medical reasons staff should have a federal card.

Allowing staff to through dead animals around telling staff thats their lunch. Is that what staff members eat where they come from
Pros
Non
Cons
poor pay
Great to learn new skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2018
It was a great learning experience.

Staffs was great and helpful.

salary was very low but it was because of the location i was working in.

would work there again if can pay more
Good management team
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2018
As an accounting clerk, this position and this company suited me. The executive assistant was very open to questions and comments. Lots of data entry, payroll and other miscellaneous duties was very much enjoyed. The issue and reason for leaving, the position was removed from our site and client's complaints had become the replacement. I did not enjoy it at all...
Good store manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2017
Terrible place to work. Working here was one of the most negative atmospheres I've worked in. Customers were the worst I've ever encountered. People were extremely rude an dishonest when they would come in to get a truck. The GM and the president of the company were trash and didn't take any of the employees seriously when customers would literally bully. Needless to say.. staff was great
Pros
Cons
bad management
Alot of hours which helped me save
Call Centre Representative/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2017
Terrible place to work. Working here was one of the most negative atmospheres I've worked in. Customers were the worst I've ever encountered. People were extremely rude an dishonest when they would come in to get a truck. The GM and the president of the company were trash and didn't take any of the employees seriously when customers would literally bully. Needless to say a lot of the employees were great.
Benefits
Cons
Management was terrible
End of the month is hard and tuff .
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary Blackfoot22 August 2017
The working Environment is good and Every month end is busy and hard but Manageable work. totally team based working and deal with different types of Customers.
Pros
Good Medical Benefits
Cons
not good in Salary
automotive technician
PM Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
good company pay fine wage and benefits, friendly environment. but the reason i don't like about this place not get more hand or cars and diagnoses, usually work on trucks.
Pros
free lunch on weekend
Cons
more hours
great place to work and gain abilities
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2017
the first place I learned to change oil on vehicles. very much fun with flexible hours and a terrific boss. no complaints.
Calm and productive area
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I was working closely with the executive assistant and I enjoyed working with her. I took care of the accounting of the company. Then the rest of day, worked on payroll, and anything else that needed to be done in an everyday office, such as mailing. I left because my description was changed from accounting clerk to customer complaint representative. I wouldn't not have accepted the position if I was asked.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Only the reason I left
calgary, ab
Scenior Clerk / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2016
Nice people, lots of employee benefits. Regular appreciation events. Great benefits
Good location, . regular raises. Health fairs and monthly bbqs
Office Clerk - 2004 - 2006
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta31 March 2015
Learn and use customized accounting program
Accounts payable, audit and correct entries
Issue purchase orders & match to invoices
Use Excel to design dealers’ telephone records
Use Word for various correspondences
General secretarial duties: audit prior employees’ entries, organize, file, answer phones, relay messages, mailing and courier procedures
Pros
Always kept busy
very good company and the customers are fantastic as well as co-workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2013
A typical day at work was usually fairly busy, always had something to do whether it was serving customers, putting stock away, or cleaning, I really enjoyed the co-workers I worked with, we made our day full of fun but always made sure everything got done. The management was not as good (unfortunately) was very rude to the employees and treated them as if they were nothing and didn't know what to do. I don't really think that there was a hard part to this job however it could get very stressful at times.
Pros
awesome co-workers to work with
Cons
bad management
Hitch Installer
Hitch Installer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2012
To Whom it May Concern,
At UHaul I was employed as a hitch installer.
I assisted customers with hitch appllications and setting up appointments invoiceing finished work.
I was also required to up sell,rent equipment ,hook up trailors.and deal with check ins.Custome complaints
Pros
self supervised, dealing with auto instalations
Cons
poor management in calagery alberta
Fun environment with fast paced work load
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 August 2012
A typical day starts with checking in trucks and trailers, and checking for damage and logging information. Parking trucks and organizing yard.
After moving so many trucks every day in a small enclosed parking lot I found my driving skills improved a lot.
Everyone was very easy going and fun to work with.
Meeting and helping customers durring stressful times (ie. moving day) was very rewarding.
Pros
friendly staff, easy going enviroment
Cons
lack of recognition, management not open to recommendations