U-Haul

U-Haul Employee Reviews

Found 298 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,507 reviews

Busy shop, Efficiency is emphasized, regular hours

As a trailer tech in the fleet maintenance facility I find the expectations are clear and reasonable. Colleagues are competent and helpful. Shop is clean and well equipped. The current manager operates with a light hand and a sense of humor but requires effort on the part of the staff.

Pros

Monthly BBQ with more than hotdogs & burgers

Cons

Wages could be better but the culture offsets that

Poor

Upper management treats their lower level managers and employees like garbage, because of this they have a horrible turnover rate. Pay is also unsatisfactory for all the things they expect you to do.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Angry customers, inconsistent management, always understaffed.

Fun place to work

Your load of work will be different every day, a day you work on truck another you rented units, some day you clean truck and some other day you work in the office, renting units, collecting rent. Fun place to work

Pros

Time go fast

Not good

Very unprofessional management low pay for very overwhelming duties ignorant incompetent they down talk their staff bullying. Not a good environment! Horrible management

Bad management and wage to low

Management has not idea what there doing and doesn't care about training correctly. No helped offered when needed. Customer dont mater to them either.

Pros

Lots of hours

Cons

Pay not worth it, bad management, no real training

A great company to work for.

UHaul is a company that believes in hard work. The company believes in promoting from with-in the company. For the right person, it doesn’t take long to get into management from a CD-R position. GREAT company to work for.

Pros

Great management

Cons

Fast paced

U-haul is Good, Management Sucked

Okay so I loved working at uhaul. Then the manager of the Hazelwood location in Abbotsford changed. He is untrained and cut my hours over personal issues. Do not work for him but I highly recommend UHaul as a company as before management changed I absolutely loved it!

Management was a Nightmare

The manager at the Dartmouth location is one of the meanest people I've ever worked with, you're not provided with proper training lots of favoritism.

Pros

Limited business hours easy to balance work with life

Cons

Manager is a nightmare.

Good for part-time, but a career choice

It is an awesome part-time job when you have the right crew to work with you. Everything goes wrong if it is not the case.Pros: - Chance to learn about vehicles, trailers, and how the retail system works - Most of the people who work at the store & MCO are very helpful. - Have a Christmas party every year - Good benefit if you ever manage to become a full-timeCons: - Employee get high at the workplace and they will NOT do anything about it - No room for advancement, will not fulfill the promise that they have made - lack of safety equipment is a big issue in all the store - toxic environment due to lazy co-worker and they won't do anything about it - Call center will destroy your store at every month-end and they will more than happy to do it again - Un-realistic workload with a limited amount of time

Pros

change to learn about the industry, Chirstmas party every year, good beneifit if you manage to become full time

Cons

No break, Toxic culture, low pay, management issues

Horrible place to work, was basically the u haul punching bag

Horrible place to work at. Pay is too low, job security sucks, and U Haul University is a joke. Wouldn’t recommend this place for employment even to my worst enemy.

Jobs at U-Haul

See more jobs

Productive and fun workplace

Happy to work here. U haul is highly recommendable workplace in terms of workplace culture and the management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the you have an opportunity to interact with other people

Du changement c'est obligatoire !!

Premièrement le salaire est vraiment une claque au visage sachant tout le travail qu'il faut faire là-bas . Les moments répugnants des clients qui laisse derrière eux . Et le manque de respect de certains hommes c'était à vous laisser un goût amère dans la bouche.

Pros

Une dinde et 50$ à Noël et aussi des meubles gratuits.

Cons

Aucune preuve d'amélioration ...talk is too cheap

very seniority predominant

personally i felt unaccepted and undermined with my co-workers, my manager was great and helpful, most dealers/centres were acknowledged to once they got to know you because of the sour taste they have from some of the other RM's. overall easy job once you get the hang of it but not a fun welcoming co worker environment.

Pros

sometimes lunch was provided.

Cons

co workers are snobby

Definitely would not work for them again.

Was a beautiful painted picture of a job. Staff was great, management was great, was looking at bonuses and raises. Time came to produce these promised raises and bonuses, and nothing was there. Underpaid, over worked, and always made to seem like your friends was asking for a huge favor (being asked to stay to close and come to open, bust out this extra work, etc etc).. I'd never suggest this place to a friend. Ridiculous really. Theres a book out there, about the family, check it out.

Pros

Bonuses and raises

Cons

Not getting those bonuses and raises

Micromanagement at its finest

Working at uhaul was a nightmare. As a CSR I was on the frontline dealing with (often very upset) customers when I had little or no control in how to help them. We were constantly belittled by upper management for not knowing about policies or procedures that were never taught to us. When upper management came into the store nothing was ever good enough even with weeks of preparation. We would completely rearrange the store to their specifics and then upon their next visit they would have changed their minds and tell us to rearrange again - often back to the original plan. The responsibilities were beyond what a minimum wage job should be, and there were never enough staff on hand to keep up with the customer demand. The handling of the Covid-19 Situation has been absolutely abysmal. CSRs are treated as replaceable by upper management even though their policies are meant to portray “family”.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Micromanagement, poor upper management, no sense of team

Fun place if you make it

Great place to work , great hours and rewarding times, the managing position was a very enjoyable experience , we had a great time with team player atmosphere . Very supportive management and given opportunities for advancement within the company.

Poorly managed company.

Zeros across the board. If you can avoid, please save yourself the headache. Do not work for Uhaul in ANY aspect. I was a demo labourer, laid off after 8 months and exposed to asbestos. I'm not lying, and it was poorly handled. I'm not 'a bitter ex employee', but darn I was exposed to asbestos and really poor management!

Cons

Wouldn't send my worst enemy here to work.

If you want to have to use your own money to get stuff done then work here. You'll get it reimbursed but it'll take weeks to do so. If you want to do a nice job you'll be doing it 3 times. Don't spend any of the company's money in order to do needed work. Waste time getting 15 quotes on a job you'll do anyway yourself.

Pros

Had weekends off.

Cons

Too many to list here.

Poorly Managed

Was hired as a transfer driver. Minimum wage for illegally working up to 18 hour days. All the trucks are in rough shape. They leave it up to dealers to repair equipment, but they would rather quickly rent it out, make some money off it and let it be someone else’s problem. Our area manager moved and we had about 10 new ones that would do training then quit as they realized they were working some many hours on Salerno, that they were making less than minimum wage.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Poor pay. Not treated like a person

great place to work with the right team

if you work with a lazy bad team, the more stressful the job will be just like any work place, it all depends on the manager you have. It gets very busy during month end so you need to be someone that is great at multitasking. Salary is not great but not bad either. I had a great time working here because it helped me gain/improve on alot of skills.

Unorganized

This place is very unorganized nobody answers phones no protocol for calling in sick 1 person is the boss if they aren't working or answering your calls or texts you are screwed different answers from everyone working there. Also never garaunteed hours you annoy the boss in anyway hours get cut.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K