U-Haul Employee Reviews

Found 204 reviews matching the search See all 3,742 reviews
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 May 2019
Terrible place to work . Was hired on . Started orientation caked a week and a half after to find out when I was staring and they told me they didn’t have the time to train anyone and now there’s a posting and has been one up since . I feel that these people are terrible to work for . How can you hire someone wait almost two weeks and not even call them then tell them you don’t have the time to train . I have put on a complaint to the labour board U-Haul is a joke and no one should work for these losers
Pros
Cons
Everting
Very poor work environment.
Area Field Manger/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON13 May 2019
U-haul is a very disorganized company to work for. The expectations of the company do not match reality and management is less than helpful in anyway.
good environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2019
A professional company wit best equipment to provide to the customer.
An employee with a professional and smart hard worker.

Really gained a lot of experience.
Avoid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON8 May 2019
The job itself was okay at first. Once management switched over nothing but disrespect was shown to employees. Not only will you not get any kind of a break/lunch, but you also won’t get paid very much, even if you take on 80% of the work. Benefits are imaginary and any kind of raise is a joke to these people. Avoid at all costs
Pros
My rent got paid
Cons
I hated my life
Office work
Book Keeper, Customer Service Clerk & Driver (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 April 2019
Learned how to maintain customers and keep them happy in their stressful times with moving. Also learnt how to do some financial tasks. fun place to work with easy hours.
environnement de travail
Cuisinier à A&W (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2019
c'etatit bien. J ai bien ainmé, le cadre de travail etait agreable
good enviroment
Customer Service Representative, Store Front (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON8 April 2019
i enjoyed working with the employees there, i did not like the GM at the time. Would i worked at Uhaul again? maybe, there's a possibility if they asked me too.
A good entry level job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 March 2019
Working as a Customer service Representative helped me obtain new skills. Multitasking, communication and interpersonal skills, immediate problem solving were some of the skills that I obtained working at U-Haul.
Pros
great manager and good compensation package.
Cons
ambiguous career prospect as a part timer.
Great Place To Work So Far
Reservations Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 March 2019
Very Caring Coworkers. Very supportive environment. Great office / call center. Lots of free lunches. Great training. I love it here. Thanks U-haul. !!!
Bad management
Tire and break mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 March 2019
Hello I was hired and as I was getting ready to start the manager texted me saying don't come in we found someone with more experience well that screwed me over people be aware of this place the management is the worst
Pros
Cons
Management is not good at all
Very good job for experience
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2019
Typical day is repairing areas of building like floors, walls ceiling, some electrical works, door, plumbing and signage

There is no job security since people are terminated with a snap of finger without clear explanation or warning. There is what we call "this is my buddy" system among higher mangement.
More responsibility for women, customers were terrible (I've had to call the cops) and got away with it. Didn't have a manager for months. Min. wage.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 February 2019
I first started U-Haul in the customer service rep position at the front desk in September, which is considered the off-season for reservations. I found it was a reasonably relaxed couple of months, with only the end of the month (moving time) being the most stressful time I've had at a job. This had to do with lazy coworkers as opposed to anything else. I had an easy transition in, but quickly found out that the fast employee turnover rate meant I had a lot of responsibility early in. Also, I had no manager for the first couple months I worked there, and only through an amazing supervisor was I able to learn as much as I did because there's no formal training and it's mostly a learn on the job place. This ended up being a problem when you'd have management sensitive problems with customers and you were alone on staff, while the other departments didn't want anything to do with you. We'd constantly get overbooked by the reservation department, and have to tell the customers ourselves why they couldn't get their reservation. There was no accountability. I've had customers yell at me, lying about their bills and would not leave until they got a discount, but no supervisor to talk to them and no one to provide me support. I've had to hook up trailers in snow storms for customers for hours on end, and stay hours after my 9 hour shift with no break cleaning up and returning customer phone calls. I've had to tell someone the cops were coming while he was trying to destroy our property by myself. All this for minimum wage. What's worse is only a few workers, the women workers, had  more... to deal with the customers at the front desk. Being a woman myself, I had to do both the indoor and outdoor job, having the same tasks as the men, but they were only trained outdoors. Despite being called customer service reps, their only job was to occasionally give a customer a rental while I'm inside following up with and taking calls, dealing with sales of store merchandise and storage sales. I felt like I was burdened with a lot more of the responsibility and needed to know so much more because I did both jobs, and despite bringing this up with my manager, I was told it was the best they could do.  less
Pros
Lots of hours available, very flexible on scheduling.
Cons
Worst experience I've had in a customer service position, and terrible management.
users and abusers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 February 2019
UHaul is operated on a untrustworthy, sometimes cruel, and shady platform.
I have been told to do five people worth of jobs for minimum wage, told to pour bleach on plants outside which is against the law, forced to clean bed bugs and asbestos without proper equipment, bullied by management, witnessed as management actually screamed and called people names, was frequently called at home on my only two days off, and witnessed these things happening to people company wide. the amount of care uhaul takes for its employees is abysmal. they expect people to do customer service, cleaning, propane, forklift, stock, counting, collections, ect. all for minimum wage and will scream at you if you dont meet their numbers. uhaul refuses to enforce safety regulations and in my particular center will even refuse maintenance. our building needed its roof replaced for 10 years. several roofing companies in the area told our MCP to replace it. uhaul did a quick fix and left it at that. peoples things were getting destroyed but as long as they didnt hear the grumbling they didnt care.
uhaul has no breaks. you work alone and are expected to "eat when you can".
Pros
their benefits if you can get them are kind of ok.
Cons
literally everything else.
Customer Service Rep
Senior CS Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 January 2019
Really Low wage for the work. Computers dont work and management is the worst. Really outdated software that customers know how bad the whole situation is. Good owner but he need to be more informed.
Agradavel de trabalhar
tecnica de instalações (Former Employee) –  Vancouver21 January 2019
Uma empresa multinacional, com uma visão de carreira esclarecida, e valorização dos seus funcionarios.
Pros
Horário Flexível
Cons
Não tem refeição no local
could be a good place to work with better upper management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 January 2019
Upper management needs to be replaced, more concerned with berating employees as to what is not accomplished , no words of encouragement as to what is being done properly. Constant threat of losing employment if employees do not want to "get on board"
Productive and Friendly Working Environment
Area Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 January 2019
What makes this environment so enjoyable is the people I work with. Everyone is very kind in all departments; always willing to lend a hand. I couldn't ask for a more supportive group of people.
Having the ability to maintain my own work schedule is a learning curve that I believe is now an asset of mine. It provided with me determination and even more organization skills. I've learned so much from this job and feel that it pushed me to grow more than any other job has.
good customer service training
Assistant Manager/ Hitch pro (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2019
u haul is a fun environment where everyone is treated equally and treated like family. doing hitches and wiring as a hitch pro is nice because you get your own little bay to work in.
Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2019
I loved working for U-haul, but as for a new immigrant like me, I am still adapting to the cold weather, and this job is an outside job wherein it requires me to stay outside for more than 6 hours, needless to say I needed to find a new job. But overall, the company is very flexible.
Pros
Lots of hours, Flexible scheduling
Cons
More team play, cooperation, communication with other employees needed
enjoyable work locations and co-wokers
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2019
employer reneged on original hiring contract by replacing company with my personal vehicle without compensation for fuel/ins./maint. pressure work environment.
Pros
4day-10 hr. shift
Cons
no vehicle compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K