U-Haul

U-Haul Employee Reviews

Okay so I loved working at uhaul. Then the manager of the Hazelwood location in Abbotsford changed. He is untrained and cut my hours over personal issues. Do not work for him but I highly recommend UHaul as a company as before management changed I absolutely loved it!
UHaul is a company that believes in hard work. The company believes in promoting from with-in the company. For the right person, it doesn’t take long to get into management from a CD-R position. GREAT company to work for.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Fast paced
The manager at the Dartmouth location is one of the meanest people I've ever worked with, you're not provided with proper training lots of favoritism.
Pros
Limited business hours easy to balance work with life
Cons
Manager is a nightmare.
It is an awesome part-time job when you have the right crew to work with you. Everything goes wrong if it is not the case.Pros: - Chance to learn about vehicles, trailers, and how the retail system works - Most of the people who work at the store & MCO are very helpful. - Have a Christmas party every year - Good benefit if you ever manage to become a full-timeCons: - Employee get high at the workplace and they will NOT do anything about it - No room for advancement, will not fulfill the promise that they have made - lack of safety equipment is a big issue in all the store - toxic environment due to lazy co-worker and they won't do anything about it - Call center will destroy your store at every month-end and they will more than happy to do it again - Un-realistic workload with a limited amount of time
Pros
change to learn about the industry, Chirstmas party every year, good beneifit if you manage to become full time
Cons
No break, Toxic culture, low pay, management issues
Horrible place to work at. Pay is too low, job security sucks, and U Haul University is a joke. Wouldn’t recommend this place for employment even to my worst enemy.
Cons
Happy to work here. U haul is highly recommendable workplace in terms of workplace culture and the management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the you have an opportunity to interact with other people
Premièrement le salaire est vraiment une claque au visage sachant tout le travail qu'il faut faire là-bas . Les moments répugnants des clients qui laisse derrière eux . Et le manque de respect de certains hommes c'était à vous laisser un goût amère dans la bouche.
Pros
Une dinde et 50$ à Noël et aussi des meubles gratuits.
Cons
Aucune preuve d'amélioration ...talk is too cheap
personally i felt unaccepted and undermined with my co-workers, my manager was great and helpful, most dealers/centres were acknowledged to once they got to know you because of the sour taste they have from some of the other RM's. overall easy job once you get the hang of it but not a fun welcoming co worker environment.
Pros
sometimes lunch was provided.
Cons
co workers are snobby
Was a beautiful painted picture of a job. Staff was great, management was great, was looking at bonuses and raises. Time came to produce these promised raises and bonuses, and nothing was there. Underpaid, over worked, and always made to seem like your friends was asking for a huge favor (being asked to stay to close and come to open, bust out this extra work, etc etc).. I'd never suggest this place to a friend. Ridiculous really. Theres a book out there, about the family, check it out.
Pros
Bonuses and raises
Cons
Not getting those bonuses and raises
Working at uhaul was a nightmare. As a CSR I was on the frontline dealing with (often very upset) customers when I had little or no control in how to help them. We were constantly belittled by upper management for not knowing about policies or procedures that were never taught to us. When upper management came into the store nothing was ever good enough even with weeks of preparation. We would completely rearrange the store to their specifics and then upon their next visit they would have changed their minds and tell us to rearrange again - often back to the original plan. The responsibilities were beyond what a minimum wage job should be, and there were never enough staff on hand to keep up with the customer demand. The handling of the Covid-19 Situation has been absolutely abysmal. CSRs are treated as replaceable by upper management even though their policies are meant to portray “family”.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Micromanagement, poor upper management, no sense of team
Great place to work , great hours and rewarding times, the managing position was a very enjoyable experience , we had a great time with team player atmosphere . Very supportive management and given opportunities for advancement within the company.
Zeros across the board. If you can avoid, please save yourself the headache. Do not work for Uhaul in ANY aspect. I was a demo labourer, laid off after 8 months and exposed to asbestos. I'm not lying, and it was poorly handled. I'm not 'a bitter ex employee', but darn I was exposed to asbestos and really poor management!
Cons
If you want to have to use your own money to get stuff done then work here. You'll get it reimbursed but it'll take weeks to do so. If you want to do a nice job you'll be doing it 3 times. Don't spend any of the company's money in order to do needed work. Waste time getting 15 quotes on a job you'll do anyway yourself.
Pros
Had weekends off.
Cons
Too many to list here.
Was hired as a transfer driver. Minimum wage for illegally working up to 18 hour days. All the trucks are in rough shape. They leave it up to dealers to repair equipment, but they would rather quickly rent it out, make some money off it and let it be someone else’s problem. Our area manager moved and we had about 10 new ones that would do training then quit as they realized they were working some many hours on Salerno, that they were making less than minimum wage.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Poor pay. Not treated like a person
if you work with a lazy bad team, the more stressful the job will be just like any work place, it all depends on the manager you have. It gets very busy during month end so you need to be someone that is great at multitasking. Salary is not great but not bad either. I had a great time working here because it helped me gain/improve on alot of skills.
This place is very unorganized nobody answers phones no protocol for calling in sick 1 person is the boss if they aren't working or answering your calls or texts you are screwed different answers from everyone working there. Also never garaunteed hours you annoy the boss in anyway hours get cut.
customers throw stuff at you when you don't give them what they want. Everything is your fault. Management does nothing and expects the reps to operate a fork lift, manage customers, inspect equipment and perform repairs on trucks and trailers only making $14 a hour... hard to get full time and there's no advancement at all part timers get no benefits
UHaul is a great company to work for and really takes care of their employees. Fast-paced environment but competitive wages. It's nice to feel appreciated , top-notch management!
I enjoyed working there, but couldn't work there forever. If I could stay inside and answer phones, schedule, and clean, it would have been the job for me! Standing outside in -20 degree weather, every morning, cleaning off windshields and sweeping trucks wasn't enjoyable for me.
Pros
It was a paying job and most of the workers were awesome to be around!
Cons
Winter mornings were tough.
Overall, it’s pretty good to work there and the coworkers make it better. You get some bad customers but that’s for all retail. You don’t get benefits unless you ask after 3 months. Job security is super low, unless they have enough money at the locations they let you go right before 3 months so you get 0 benefits and they don’t need a reason to let you go.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
No job security
U-haul offers a pleasant working environment and a stable job as they would always appreciate more help. The team at 2500 Barnett Highway are a joy to work with, especially if you have a good work ethic.
  1. Employee reviews