U-Haul Employee Reviews

Difficult work but friendly staff
Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario2 October 2018
During end of month the job is very stressful but depending on whether or not you have a good TCM/manager the environment can be positive. Pay isn't great
Pros
Coffee, friendly co-workers
Cons
Pay, end of month, stressful
horrible
Assistant Manager, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC29 September 2018
fired me because my wage was too high, hired 2 people, despite my having been promoted and having been there since opening, and being one of the most dedicated and hardworking employees that location's had,
Aucun
Commis, Vendeur (Current Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC16 September 2018
Belle entreprise
Belle équipe
Le temps est long par contre
steady growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 August 2018
i learned how to deal with customers in rush hours because in the end of the people move their residential place and most of them need trucks on rent for moving. during that time we need lot of patience to deal with angry customers.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
no growth
too much stress and not enough help/pay
Customer Service Representative/Hitch Pro. (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 August 2018
I hated working at Uhaul with a passion. Everyday is new Bulls hit. Between management customers and phone calls. Too much for not enough pay. Waste of time
Pros
Cons
everything
Fun and friendly people. No rush
Good team worker (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON6 August 2018
Jobs where not too hard, worked with my stepdad. Did more than 4 jobs and each time the people where friendly I had no feelings of being of rushed. Overall good experience.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Heavy Lifting
good place to work
Facility Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON31 July 2018
This is a good place to work, if a person will work hard. and there is plenty of experience that a person will gain. There is a lot of room for personal development and the company recognizes individual effort and accomplishments
Avis
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC30 July 2018
U-Haul est une grosse entreprise qui connait quelques problèmes au niveau du "management", donc il est difficile pour les employés de bien effectuer leur travail si le gérant n'a pas les compétences pour gérer un centre aussi gros. L'ambiance est agréable entre les employés.
It was overall good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 July 2018
It was a great experience working there. Great people. A bit challenging at first. Very clean. We were always cleaning. There was always something to do.
Pros
They buy you lunch sometimes
Cons
Closes early
Minimum pay with high expectation
Reservation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 July 2018
Reservation clerk needs to deal with all angry customers,company dealers and customer support team. There was no motivation from Management. Actually, There is no management. They will pay us minimum wages. This job will disturb your work-life balance. every day you will hear excessive use of abusing words from disturb customers. even you know that customer is right, you have to protect company policy. Uhaul needs to pay at least 18$ per hour. You will be a trainee Reservation clerk(even after 1-2 year of work). There was nothing enjoyable part in this job.
Pros
nothing
friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2018
manager was friendly and provided excellent support
great work experience
got along great with co-workers
accommodating hours and schedule
easy commute to work
Management was helpful
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC24 June 2018
I helped measure out all of the parts needed for the vehicles daily, and the management was there as a helpful guide on what and how to do the job necessary.
they did not pay enough
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Meadow Lake, SK22 June 2018
their pay sucks for dealers. you get deal with rude people all day (8/10 times) and you don't even get minimum wage. You also never got reimbursed for any work you got done and paid out of pocket for when their trucks or trailers broke down.
Pros
got to use equiptment when needed for free
Cons
their pay sucks
Coworker's made job feel better
Project tech (Former Employee) –  Here14 June 2018
Worked for uhaul for 10 months and never received benefits. Was putting in full time hours and was still down as a moon lighter. Promise after promise. Just a number there. Used personal things to do the work.
Exceptional work experience.
Head Storage Facility Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 May 2018
Overall, working for Uhaul has been nothing but wonderful. Management is very flexible and considerate to my busy mom life. She appreciates and acknowledges the work I do for the company and is sadden by the fact I have to move on. For nothing more will come out of working as a storage facility housekeeper.
Pros
Pleasant workplace all around
Cons
Not enough hours/pay/no benefits
Work
Ubox Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC24 May 2018
Not made for someone that has a small family. Made for retired and students. We are overwhelmed. We work for a 5 person Job when we actually need more people paid minimum wage while else where they are paid more.
Pros
Benefits, people we work with are great
Cons
No over time even though we bust, back stabbing
Great variety of task, everyday was an adventure!
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2018
There was no typical day, every day presented a new challenge.
I learnt how to operate new equipment and pushed to harness my skills.
Some of the management seemed more interested in getting their bonuses then putting money back into the company.
Workplace culture was pleasant over all though there seemed to be a lot of Favoritism towards certain employees.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the constant corner cutting which went against my own personal beliefs!
Do it once and do it right thus saving money long term!
Most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of work, flexibility with work hours and not always having your supervisor looking over your shoulder.
Pros
Flexibility with work hours
Cons
Having to bring your personal tools to do jobs for company
Uhaul lacks customer service & professionalism
Sr Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary26 April 2018
Swearing

Inappropriate behavior

Drugs on site you could smell it. If for medical reasons staff should have a federal card.

Allowing staff to through dead animals around telling staff thats their lunch. Is that what staff members eat where they come from
Pros
Non
Cons
poor pay
Fun
Préposée au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2018
I had the most fun working in this place. It is really nice. It is a lot of work but it is enjoyable as well. Nice office with nice people. I really enjoyed it.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
claen trucks
high pace, work on call 24/7, good but not good enough pay
Area Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2018
job is sporadic at best, you have your daily tasks to complete but at the same time you're thrown a million other tasks as every other department needs stuff done. any other manager would have support from their head office but because i'm the only system member 6 hours away it gets pretty difficult to get any sort of support. job pays well but with the amount of stuff we have to go through it could pay better. you literally have no social life as your work phone becomes your life and it never stops ringing. all in all it's a decent job, just needs some fine tuning and revisions from middle management
Pros
lots of travel, work my own hours, decent pay
Cons
middle management, days can stretch up to 18 hour days. on call 24/7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.

51K