TYCROP Manufacturing Ltd.
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

TYCROP Manufacturing Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews

goodcompanygreatworktimepeopleworkingjob

You get out what you put in

Featured review

TYCROP Manufacturing Ltd. selected this as a representative review
TYCROP is always creating new and exciting products that will challenge your skills. TYCROP is far from perfect, but the cool thing is they don't expect you to be either... They just ask you to do your best and we're encouraged to collectively as a team to try new ideas. Over the years TYCROP's culture has taken on a life of its own and grown into something no company can buy - but they wish they could. Many partnerships are forged, friendships are made and I truly enjoy working with the team every day.

The Perfect Start

I'd honestly recommend it to anyone getting out of school, or anyone who's floated around between jobs looking for a career.They promote from within heavily and cross train on request.It's shame to be moving on but regardless I highly recommend it!A great stepping stone to bigger things, both within and outside the company.

Pros

Fair pay, good location, enjoyable purposeful work.

Cons

Some management is biased, but not all of it.

Insights into TYCROP Manufacturing Ltd.

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Ideas driven workplace! experienced teammate!

Hmm...I think it was cool to know that the company have long-service staffs, working 40years+ and at the peek of their careers.I have enjoyed the opportunity to learn and grow in my career, and to work and train with a proficient team. Workplace culture would be safety culture, I couldn't but noticed good housekeeping on my first tour prior to hire, the supervisor addressed safety concerns promptly.The hardest part of the job was probably my commute-not a fan of long drives.

Funplace

You have to be very talent to work there with your insist. No one will teach you, there are no team work spirit. You can ask someone if you not care to be called stupid.

Exciting place to work with strong technical capabilites

Strong leadership in the office, with lots of freedom to develop your skills and work. Able to gain lots of responsibility if you're a strong worker. Many interesting challenges are presented

100% NOT a good place to work.

Does NOT look after its workers.Does NOT pay well.Would not recommend anyone of any age work for this company. You will not go and get anywhere in the company and or life if you take a job with them.I would have not given any star if that was a choice.

Pros

Few good people.

Cons

Everything!

Great staff, fun working environment

Tycrop is a great place to learn and develop, with a great team. Even on tight deadlines you will still have fun with your team. There's a lot of room to develop a career at Tycrop as long as you are eager to learn new things and listen to veteran staff.

Pros

Quarter lunches, great staff, great working environment

Cons

Unsteady market

This job will not pay your bills

It's best for high school kids.Don't work here if you have a family you will not make any money. They do not care at all about employees everyone is replaceable.Don't waste your time it this place, management is the worst.

Pros

Mon-Fri

Cons

Toxic enviroment

Poor quality work environment.

Almost impossible to move up in the company unless you have an in. They tend to hire new talent and use them until they want a raise, then said worker gets tired and leaves, so then they hire more new talent. It’s a revolving door to allow operating costs to stay low. They consistently have fights among staff on the shop floor. Managers are poor at doing their job and keeping control of the situation. Constant finger pointing.

15 March 2022
As you're a current employee we encourage you to come see HR or speak to your supervisor about concerns regarding your work environment and career path. With growth and recruiting comes it's own set of retention challenges, and our intent is never to be a 'revolving door'. Thank you for leaving your feedback.

Fast paced, fun, and enjoyable place to work.

Fast paced, fun, and enjoyable place to work. Benefits are awesome and the company has a comprehensive safety program in place to help make sure everyone makes it home. There is always new and exciting projects on the go and the company spends a lot of time investing in its work force. There is no limit to how high you can go if you show you are dedicated and work hard.

Pros

Quarterly lunches, extended benefits package, prize draws, clean respectful work environment

Great staff, wages and benefits

Good work environment although very noisy. Instructions can be difficult to follow due to the noise. Management is willing to provide support over and above to insure your success.

Pros

Good, safe work practice

Cons

Difficulty communicating on the work floor due to noise.

They were decent to me .

Good and bad with any Job if you show the ability to work and take pride in your work you will have a job even in slow Times .I have seen a few down turns in the oil and gas industry and they have done there best to keep the staff .

Pros

Good people on the floor for the most part very helpful

Cons

Long hrs to complete deadlines

People are great Management might be tough at times your not there to play your there to work

It wasn't a bad place to work .if you're willing to work and understand that it's oil field industry and manufacturing with everything revolving around the last contract . And when that's done your done they keep the ones with promise and keep the ones with no promise far to long . They treated me ok .

Pros

Steady work working on cool stuff on wheels

Cons

Long hrs holding deadlines

9 November 2021
We agree that our team here is great, and while it’s true that we’re here to work, we like to think that building cool stuff on wheels is a fun type of work!The volatility of the Oil & Gas sector has definitely had an impact on us and the team in past but we are excited to be diversifying into new industries and opportunities. Thank you for your honest review and feedback!

Amazing people, incredible culture, opportunities for growth

I started at TYCROP not knowing anything about the industry, I have been provided with countless opportunities to expand my knowledge and grow my career. They even provided education assistance.

Pros

Matching RSP program, quarterly lunches, amazing coworkers and teams.

Cons

The market can be unsteady

9 November 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We’re always happy to hear from employees that have taken the educational opportunities that we provide to further their career.

Awesome people great work life balance

Overall TYCROP is a great place to work. People are fantastic and the leadership team tries hard to help you achieve your career goals. Leadership is flexible with work/family balance!

Pros

quarterly lunches, good wages, close to home

9 November 2021
Thank you for being part of our TYCROP Trailers team! Your career goals are important to us and we’re happy to hear that you appreciate the quarterly lunches, good wages, and the proximity to your home.

Good for kids without families

Great throw away job for those without experiences and aren't trying to build a career. Wages are below average and job security is highly volatile. Don't buy into the promises the company makes. They make a good front but at it's core this place is a meat grinder. They even use office staff to edge thier reviews in their favour!

Pros

Nobody cares that this place let you go!!

Cons

They are slowly going bankrupt!

9 November 2021
We pride ourselves on being a place where young people can start out, but this is also a great place for people already established in their careers. It’s true that the industries we were previously focused in have been volatile over the years and we’re sorry that you didn’t have a great experience during your time with us.

Lay off early

Only hire for temporary workers don't waist your time, apply elsewhere. I do not recommend, sorry to be blunt, but it has to be said, have a great day and good luck

10 November 2021
While we have hired for temporary work positions in past, we generally hope that employees will come here and stay for extended periods. In fact, some of our workers have been here for decades and we’re proud that they have chosen to stay with us for so long!

productive and encouraging co workers

good work place with diverse group of people from every where. I learned lot of things and met wonderful people. supervisors are kind and helpful they would help you out when ever possible. No discrimination of any kind is allowed.

10 November 2021
Our apprenticeship programs have brought wonderful people through our doors and we’re happy you were able to utilize the program! Thanks for taking the time to comment on your experience working with us.

Work site is tidy

Good pay Good opportunity for improvement Good office and employee relation Good benefit Matured company and cultural diversified. No tolerance to race, cultural, ethnicity, gender and colour discrimination. Overall, it was pleasant place to work. Only thing issue is oil and gas business is not predictable.

10 November 2021
Thank you for your feedback, we’re happy to hear that you had a good time while working with us!

Productive and great work force

An up and down company that will higher and lay off very often. People that work there are great but managment is sometimes difficult to work for. Would not recommend if looking for a steady and reliable job.

2 December 2021
We agree that our people are great to work with, and we’re sorry to hear of the difficulties you had with management. There is no denying that part of our company works within a volatile industry, however, we are excited for this next chapter that has us diversified into new markets.

Slackers paradise!

If you want a daycare centre for young adults, this is the perfect place for you!!! If you want to work hard and get paid for it, don't bother with this place. Half the staff is overworked and under paid, the other half does absolutely nothing gets paid the same. Promises of raises for more than a year only to get chump change after years of hard work.

2 December 2021
We employee many young adults new to the trades and we’re happy to support them early in their careers, especially with apprenticeship programs and other growth opportunities. We work hard to ensure our wages are appropriately aligned with industry standards. Thanks for your feedback!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TYCROP Manufacturing Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare TYCROP Manufacturing Ltd. with

Learn about TYCROP Manufacturing Ltd. in popular locations

• TYCROP Manufacturing Ltd.