Tyco Employee Reviews

Worked as Cost Engineer
Proposal & Estimates Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton30 May 2015
The work place is OK. My coworkers were supportive. The company went through alot of changes and has lost its path, alot of layoffs happening as the market is not strong.
one of the bigest company for cctv
sale ,and buy (Former Employee) –  vancouver2 April 2015
I have 10 years experience in cctv field
sales,purchasing,technical .
I can do team work also
hard working.and full energy
good communicate with customers and coligues
Great team
Bilingual Data Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 January 2015
Tyco has been a great place to work and gain office experience. Our team has taken time to perfect and I love how great we all work together and they will all be sadly missed. Unfortunately the company is relocating and I have chosen not to make the move with them.

A typical work day would include arriving and being logged in on time, answering calls or emails from customers or technicians on site for installations or service calls, some troubleshooting and program downloading.

The most difficult part of my job would have to be the variety of software and programs we use and the amount of time it took to learn and fully comprehend each component. Now that I use this knowledge daily it has made the overall job easier to comprehend on a technical level.
Pros
Paid lunches, great benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts
Great Coworkers
Fire Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2015
You're very rarely working in the same place, and get to work in a variety of buildings (ex. Massey Hall, Rogers Center, Base Borden, First Canadian Place). Work day is usually a typical eight hour day, but nights and weekends are required on occasion.
Testing the Life Safety Equipment for the building is the main job.
Majority of the time you are working with at least one other tech. The co-workers are the highlight of the job. Great group of people working at Tyco.
Hardest part of the job is the early mornings and working nights. Some jobs require a couple months of nights only
Pros
Company Car, Gas Card, iPhone
Cons
Long Hours, Early Mornings, Extended Night Jobs
Field Tech
Special Projects, and Inspector (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alta29 December 2014
As a field technician we are not in an office space and spend our days with customers and driving all day long
Was able to travel and learn new proceedures
Assistant Technican (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 October 2014
Was able to travel for training to obtain new career courses in order to acheive success.
Pros
Was able to grow my knowledge in fire and health systems
Cons
No advancements after receiving four different training courses
Excellent benefits
Commercial Area Sales Manager - Western Canada (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, MB8 October 2014
I really enjoyed working here. They were doing a merge and that is why I am no longer there.
Pros
excellent money
comfortable lunch room
assembler (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 October 2014
Nice working area...very quiet and clean.
work with nice team
show me all experience they have
Pros
free lunch
exellent place
security Customer engineer (Current Employee) –  calgary23 September 2014
lovely place to workPlease tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Pros
excellent
Diverse environment to be a part of.
Service Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc11 August 2014
Fast paced environment. Ability to take on several duties at one time. Comfort in working independently and as part of the team.

Want to know more about Tyco?

Ask a question
Fast paced environment with lots of opportunities
MANAGER, CYBER SECURITY OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2014
Fast paced environment with lots of opportunities growth. Good environment to learn and grow.
Each day was filled with excitement, Rewards and Challenges.
Regional Manager Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto ---25 May 2014
Typical day would extend from sales review to strategic operational planning. Focused on delivering exceptional service to external/internal customers. Consistently reiterating our core values and foster an enviroment where assoicates are respected.
Over the years of being a leader I have learned that our biggest asset is our associates. Associates must feel part of the big picture and be acknowledged for thier efforts. Communicating clear direction for each assoicates roles and responsibilties is the most important aspect to ensure success. Corporate objectives must be understood and reached. At times difficult decisions must be made for the betterment of the organization even though may not be accepted by all. The most enjoyable part of the job is to coach/develope assoicates to reach their targets and personal goals. Their success leads to the success of the organization.
fun workplace
Security Mobile Patrol Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2014
This company is full of fun and enjoyable employees,
yet it is poorly managed unfortunately.
Pros
Paid lunches
Great work atmosphere
Project Lead / System Level Tester (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 May 2014
Great People,
Good entry level job.
Salary Not so good.
Company promotes fitness and wellbeing
Pros
Social Life
Pleasant Days
Team Leader/Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 April 2014
I have enjoyed my time working here and learning new skills, that are relatively technical and specific to this job. I have learned to better manger my time with all the daily tasks that have to be completed the same day, like auditing information from the day before and following up with customers within a timely manner.

The hardest part of my job was the time management of the daily tasks I am responsible for completing and this was a challenge for me when I firest started this postion and has been my most improved skill.

My favourite part of my job is the data analysis and technical aspects of my job.

I enjoy working with with all the people I work with, they are very helpful and my manager is very approachable with any issues I might have. My manager is also a very good trainer and excellent resource for troubleshooting uncommon issues.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Shift work, not very much opportunity to move up, contract with no benefits
Stable work environment
Monitoring station Operator (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Qc5 February 2014
This is a very stable reasonably well paying place to work. Working environment is adequate. One great thing is weekly pays and a lot of opportunity to increase your salary through overtime.
Pros
Weekly pay/ salary increase
Cons
NIght shift for a long time
Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2014
Really learned a lot here after getting graduated.this was my first job at tyco .Started working as technical support level 1 technicain .Team leader ,co worker were very friendly and helpful.used to take level 1 calla and then got promoted in a year to level 2 technician .There I learned all about security panel from wiring ,testing to programming the panels .It was fun working there as we always learn new by taking or talking to security proffesionals.
Not at all a challenging environment. Not too experience managers and engineers there.
Hardware-Software Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2013
I haven't learned so much since the work environment and the tasks assigned were not challenging and the work culture is not a really good one. No team work at all.
I had young but very un-experienced supervisors.
Not too experienced HW/SW director.
Pros
Cons
No team work at all. Not a challenging environment. Not good management. No career development.
X
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2013
The most enjoyable part of working is the people around you. Those people make it all worth the effort to get up in the morning and look forward to coming into the office. Those people were plentiful.You always learn. I look forward to learning new things everyday.
Working with our suppliers and manufacturers representatives was also a highlight. Reviewing new products and getting insight into whats coming were most enlighning.
Perhaps one of the most satisfying areas dealt with providing support, on site or over the phone, for our Sales, Service and Installation teams. If I didnt have the answer readily available, I would get it and get back to them. It was no different when it was necessary to provide solutions/corrective actions for our Residential or Commercial Customers. It was the hearing the all familiar "Thank you" when the issues were taken care of. To me, that's what its all about, your customer's satisfaction.
Fun and very busy work place.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2013
Each day at work was busy as my task was primarily to document and check every visitor to the site and call Human Resources to let them know of the arrival of that person on site. Officers would have already checked the daily list of expectant visitors on line.
I checked the bag of every employee or visitor leaving the site through the East Gate turnstile. Any one who refused to show bag would be reported.As they swiped their access cards,their names would appear on the Chubb System. Co- workers basically did the same thing and were easy to get along with making my job easier.I loved shifting from the East Gate to the North to the Corporate Offices. The respect I had for management was reciprocal. From this job I gained a comprehensive knowledge of fire alarm procedures and the importance and being in a constant state of readiness for any eventuality.
Pros
Security had free access to Pub and Canteen to purchase or make coffee, in the Corporate Office these would be given free of cost to security.
Cons
We had no breaks but could have left the Guard House at safe periods, we made purchases or skipped across to the Corporate Office for snacks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyco. Our community is ready to answer.