Tyco Employee Reviews

Poor compensation plan
Security Solutions Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC28 March 2018
Very poorly managed with lack of support for both sales and installations. Very little reward, unrealistic quota's and expectations. Installation delays caused angry clients.
Pros
secure job freedom schedule.
Cons
poor compensation plan
terrible
Director, Human Resources- Canada (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2018
i really don't have anything positive to say about this organization or its culture and leaders.......................................................
Cons
no work-life balance
Tyco
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
Large integration project made work life interesting and enjoyable. great company with sound work environment and culture.

Young PMO structure with small projects.
Couldn't live with the hours
Alarm call agent - Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC28 February 2018
I worked 50 hours a week there from 11 pm to 9 am and worked most weekends. I was always exhausted and had no quality of life. I tried to change my schedule but was told this would not be possible for at least 2 years.
Great Company
Technical Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2018
It is a great company, great benefits, great Management and Team leaders, great environment.
No complaint at all my colleagues are awesome.
I really enjoy my work as a customer services tech support
Pros
Great Environment
Management has Problems
Software Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
It is a competitive business and the goal is to get product out quickly. In management opinion the best way to do that is to get a detailed estimate and then say this is not good enough and then tell you the release date. Then when you do not hit the date they come back and say why. You can give all the reasons why but they are never interested in hearing those answers.
Pros
When asked to work OT they do pay and also provide you with meals.
Cons
Do not show data they do not like even if correct.
very laidback atmosphere and enjoyed working there
Temp (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2018
Work hours were from 8 - 4:30 Monday - Friday. I often went in at 6:30 am and worked till 4:30 to get extra hours, I preferred to work on some purchase orders and answer emails while the office and phones were quiet and the day had not started.

I learned to use ACE which is their software program and I scheduled technicians to go out to jobs for inspections. I really enjoyed working with the techs and my department co-workers as we all worked very well together.
Pros
casual wear everyday and no weekend work
Cons
receptionist position had scheduled lunch breaks
This place has changed ownership
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON9 February 2018
Tyco Trenton has been sold to Pentair. This is why I left here. I would have stayed if they haven closed the doors for the summer. Tyco was a decent place to work.
Regular office type of environment
Hardware/Firmware Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 January 2018
Average company, Average Salary, Average management, hard to get promotion, some office politics, no job security, highly technical products in RF, good benefit
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Hard to get promoted
Not a good experience lately
Administrator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON18 December 2017
A Very stressfull job I had a hard time from my boss who gave me a hard time. Management unfair. Learned a lot-lots of bullying. A few good people at job made it enjoyable
Pros
was a good learning experience
Cons
Very stressfull
Never take a job at 95 Bridgeland Ave (Tyco SP) - Toronto
Office employee (Former Employee) –  95 Bridgeland Ave, North York, Toronto1 December 2017
My review applies only to the location mentioned on the headline. Poor management, No Job Work / Life balance. If you are currently employed, don't ever think of taking a job at this location. After the merger with Johnson controls they have more managers than working staff, so they have more time to review and question the staffs for no reason, and you will be always on fire.

I'll never recommend this place not even to a foe.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
productive,fun,professonal,zero harm environment
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  95 BRIDGELAND AVE NORTH YORK ONM6A 1Y727 November 2017
being part of TYCO SECURITY give me a lot of experience and advancement .started from the line to inventory controller is a lot of advancement and recognizing your effort to be productive all time is the best part for m,.the only thing that make me feel sad was when they decided to reduced employee we didnd't received 2weeks noticed., and their seniority system.... but above all TYCO was the best company that I ever worked .
Pros
food warmer, 24 hrs cleaning staff, zero harm environment
Cons
sometimes work 7 days a week or 6 days and long hour
Horrible
Monitoring (Former Employee) –  North York, ON22 November 2017
Management is a mess. Systems are not up to date or extremely unorganized. Too many changes. Looked down upon if you are unable to work overtime. Crowded workspace. Management plays favorites. Long time employees make very inappropriate jokes. No room to move up the ladder.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Good company.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 November 2017
TYCO is a good company to work for... There are opportunities to advance in your career. Hard work and a positive attitude will go a long way here.

They management team is dedicated to helping their staff succeed.
Great job. Learned alot about fabricating through tyco.
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2017
Great job. Some days were great, others not so much. Very fine attention to detail was necessary especially when testing finished products in water tanks, or when building the Insulators and their electrical equipment.
Pros
Music allowed in shop, union.
Cons
Company shut down and moved to texas.
High stress, High expectations, but with low rewards.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 October 2017
This company has turned from a great place to grow to a horrible place to work at. Multiple company rebranding and restructuring resulted in horrible management and training. With the management ignoring any suggestions from the workers.
Pros
Great member benefits
Cons
Long hours, high stress, horrible work environment.
Learned alot about security
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
My day could be busy when all couriers and mail show up at the same time. I learned about to do scanning for reports for management to put into the system for accessibility for various departments. Management was sometimes helpful when I had issues regarding situations at my front desk but not always there in person. Communication was mostly via email or voice mail. The hardest part of my job was getting people to understand how I could not leave me desk to do things and would have to get someone to come out and assist me or I would have to do it on my time with no compensation. The enjoyable part of my job was giving associates their service awards for the time they have been at the company i.e. 10, 15 and 20 year service awards. They were fun to see what people had selected and their faces when it arrived.
Pros
Free lunches, farewell get togethers and supporting our local city with draws
Cons
People forgetting badges, expectation was for me to open doors, hard to do when I am on the phone. Noise in Reception was sometimes loud.
hard to say something good
Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
Company seems to be ok but DSC technical support department is too much micro managed. The managers sort of bully you and are always on your heads . If you are not the favourite one it is not easy to survive. HR department ; even if is aware about the situation acts like they are completely unaware and give you falsee hope of turning things right.
Good salary but too much of politics and no scope of growth.
I will never recommend anyone to join it.
Pros
No idea
Cons
Too many as listed above.
Company
Senior Fire Alarm Technician - The Bow Tower (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
Overall positive company to work for...Johnson Controls took over the company and downsized

Sometimes the management did not support the workers within the service dept
Great Employer
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2017
Tyco is a great place to work. If you are willing to put forth a big effort to show you want to advance then the doors will open for you. It is a corporate world and decisions are made upon what will drive the stock.
Pros
Good Wage and Benifits
Cons
Lack of loyalty to employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyco. Our community is ready to answer.