TWO MEN AND A TRUCK

TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Employee Reviews

Found 72 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,872 reviews

Insights into TWO MEN AND A TRUCK

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Good job for people who like changes in the day

This is a good job if you like to be in a different environment every day. No 2 days are alike. You also get rewarded really well from customers if you have good customer service skills. Great job for someone just out of college or university trying to make some extra cash

Pros

Good tips and long hours

Cons

Working in all weather conditions

They need to restructure there wage and hiring system

To many cons about this company from low paying wages to over working employees as long as 10-12-14 hr shifts again with promising us employees a higher pay due to tips??? Which is not guaranteed and never will be when your being charged by a moving company anywhere from 2-5 grand just to move from one place to another. The best part is the company robs the customers and leaves the employees who make there name so great left with peanuts and a broken down body. We only get one and this place loves just destroying people and there work ethics as well as energy and more. I could go on and on but honestly they have lot most there good employees and thats why many customers will be meeting there owner as health and saftey has become aware and thats just where it starts.

Pros

Nothing is free. In fact you go into debt just trying to live

Cons

Everything, long hours, childs pay, no company structure

Loads of Work, inconsistent hours

Overall not a bad place to work, great for part time students or just a weekend job. you will be exhausted after big days and you have no idea what tomorrow looks like. dont plan on doing anything after work because a 3 hour day can quickly change to 6-12 hours and visa versa. very little support from the office all around

Pros

Lots of work, Can be fun

Cons

Long days, $20 max wage

Good place of employment long hours good tips

People doing estimate are half the time wrongWay to many items as listened No end time details Let's you know a few days in advanced about work No bonuses

Pros

Free lunches free workouts

Cons

Heavy lifting long hours

poor environment

I worked there for approximately 2 months to then be be let go for a ill legitimate reason of I was the sole reason of bad reviews. if you get hurt on the job the senior employee who is in charge I.e. the driver didn't care pushed to work in unsafe conditions and if it is hot enough during the summer and your on the job good luck trying to cool down before getting heat frustrated or heat stroke not to mention their if you are expecting hours be prepared to fight for them and if your lucky get your schedule with in two weeks notice

Cons

long hours with barley any form of breaks

Garbage

Oshawa location. Not a lot of pros. Pretty terrible job. Worked as a driver and along it came with major responsibility/liability. For garbage pay.You’ll have long days, but what makes it better is you get a driver that doesn’t like to stop on anybody else’s accord. Hope you brought a lunch bud. They’ll stop to grab smokes from the gas station though. Now is your chance.After you complete training as their newest driver you get the truck that has no radio. If your lucky the check engine light is on. Seniority is everything, the only time you’ll ever breathe in their nicest trucks is during training. 1134 has a nice radio. 1116 is clean too. 1015 is blessed.. Some of the residences you see are remarkable. The long drives aren’t bad as long as there’s a scenic route.“Part time” employees working near full time hours most paycheques, getting away with robbing their workers of benefits. Uniform and boot allowance to cover it up because your special. Overworked and understaffed environment.Most ‘movers’ were chill, great guys. Made the time and moves go by smooth. Turnover rate was high during my employment. Can only put up with so much right

Pros

Tips from customers, crew

Cons

Everything else, turnover rate

Flaky and Unprofessional

I came in for an interview and was told there were very little benefits, as well as minimum wage even though moving is hard work. Plus the hours range from part time to full time, and you can't make a living off of part time hours. But I needed a job and was interested anyway. The same day I got a call saying I could start orientation the next day. I quit the casual job I had (needed something more stable and permanent) and was ready and excited to start my new job. Then they canceled my orientation and said they would get back to me. That was 5 days ago and I have heard nothing. So I am now out of a job and left stranded. Would never recommend this place to anyone.

Pros

Cons

Inconsiderate, no follow through, part time hours, low pay

One of the worst companies ever.

Owner of Toronto franchise (3) doesn’t pay employees on time -consistently shorts pay cheques - egotistical - has inappropriate relationships with staff (csrs)- underpays - over promises and under delivers - consistently breaks the laws set out by MTO- penalizes you when you speak your mind - no respect for employees - sweeps issues under the rug - lies consistently During my time at two men and a truck I was miserable and was made to believe I wasn’t worth anything by the owner, John. He used to make comments all the time like “you think the grass is greener on the other side” “you’re replaceable” “you’ll never do anything better”. This was his message to all levels of staff. He pretends to be nice and charming but really he’s a used car salesmen. Two men has a great business model, it’s really unfortunate that some owners ruin its reputation. Would always make comments about the movers how they are “idiots” and other profane words that are unacceptable to repeat. STAY AWAY FROM TORONTO FRANCHISE AT ALL COSTS!!!

Pros

Gift cards and blue jays games if you were good at sucking up

Cons

Owner.

Good job, bad pay.

The job is good I guess. Customers usually lie about how many items they have though, and the pay is trash. Even for drivers, they don't make a liveable wage. One office worker is OUTSTANDING and is the only reason the Dartmouth location does well, the other constantly forgets to update sales orders so men walk into jobs with improper equipment, favourites employees on the schedule, and can't do a tenth the job of the other. As soon as the other CSR goes on vacation, the company goes into meltdown. And yet, she's underpaid and taken advantage of.

Pros

Staff parties, good management

Cons

Bad pay, walking into jobs blind, slow during the winter

Worst company ever

Avoid this company at all costs. Low pay, no benefits, no hours, micromanaging management, no legitimate industry experience. Basically a game of the blind leading the blind. Overcharging customers for labourers without any professional experience. Training of workers entirely at the owners expense.

Pros

Cons

Management, hours, pay, benefits

Terrible

Terrible company overall only good for people on charges and if you need a filler job. No long term possibility. Sorry so dont get ur hopes up. Yep!!!

Sucks

Lets pay movers 14 an hour to slug their butts off and then only call the favourites for work everyday also when ask questions to management its a moving company it is what it is

Long and demanding

It’s like walking into a hole you wish you never stepped in, some days are very stressful and someday are light and easy. The management is very one side they like to choose favourites in order to get some hours and if you aren’t on that list of favourites might as well start looking for other sources of income not many people start and stay at this company for many reason related to dishonesty and hours.

Pathetic

Honestly the jobs not what I thought it would've been they got hours sometime but you sit home lots of time wondering if you're working the next day or not, I feel that the place is a tab bit racial and has favorites.

Pros

Tim Hortons cards

Cons

Attitude stinks from management

Very good place to work if your fit enough

The job is very physically demanding they have the best supervisor I've ever worked for and the secretary is very nice and skilled at her work. The schedule can be hectic at certain times of the year but they are understanding when you need time to recoup. They pay well and the work is enjoyable if you like working with people and physical work.

Awesome coworkers, great environment

My typical day would include getting my work orders, organizing my crew and getting the supplies needed. I learned a lot about customer satisfaction with this job. the management was fantastic, very easy going. The work culture was also great. bbqs, cooks offs, raffles, just good times, like a big family. The hardest part for me was when a customer was not satisfied, other then that, loved the job and more so, the people i got to work with.

Worst Comply i ever work for

Hi I worked for Two men and they do not care about their workers at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Couldnt aforwd to go to work and most of the time but you can watch the Bosses grow as the lie and tell you that your'll move up

Good company to work

You can trust and depends on the company for your surviving and is Avery quite and ok peaceful place to work. Both Manager and recruiter respect driver.

Didn’t fulfil for what they promised.

They sent me email about the time/date for the call interview, I was ready for the call the whole day and they never called me neither sent me any email if something changed from their side I sent couple emails for update but they completely ignored me, this is not so acceptable.

Exciting workplace.

Loaded up the truck in the morning. drove to the pickup location and loaded up the truck. learned proper techniques on moving objects and also learned how to use moving equipment. The management was scheduled regularly but sometimes there were some last-minute changes that required you to get there asap, It takes a lot of long hours to do the job. it's sometimes hot. and takes a lot of work. Tips were are always nice

Pros

it was a good environment to work in . everyone was always friendly

Fun, team oriented environment for those who like to be active

Two Men and a Truck Newmarket was an enjoyable experience, i would definitely recommend for summer students and for people with highly active lifestyles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement