TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Employee Reviews

Not really professional
Mover (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 January 2019
They raised prices so they didn’t have to deal with the people who have a mess to clear out and then the whole office is filthy. They have a dog walking around.
Horrible work place
Driver/Mover (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2018
I worked for two men for one year and it was the worst place I have ever worked in Calgary. The management is horrible, the hours are horrible not enough hours to make enough for rent. They pay is way to low for the type of work. Minimum wage is 15$ an hour and they expect heavy labour for minimum wage. A job like this should pay a minimum 20$ an hour with minimum wage at 15$. Total rip off of your time and effort. I suggest working for different company that pays their employees what they are worth. Horrible company, had to fight for my pay checks never on time.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Under paid
I wouldn't recommend it.
Mover (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 August 2018
Worked as a Mover for a very short period of time. Very heavily corporatized. They give you the "grassroots beginnings" shtick, but training is pretty thorough and helpful. Everything on the job started fine - they teach a lot about safe work under all circumstances, but the movers are competitive jocks that lost patience with someone new like me trying their hardest to adapt to the job. Their impatience started creating safety hazards. It's hard work, and unless you get a good bunch of supportive people (or unless you're dedicated to breaking your back for minimum wage), I wouldn't recommend this position.

Also, they make you sign a confidentiality agreement not to talk about how much you make with other workers... you know... lest you should accidentally discover that you've been discriminated against with garbage pay. But that's just something I don't agree with.

Management was great, easy to get along with, very helpful.
Pros
Good training, trucks, management
Cons
Poor work environment
Two Men And A Truck
President/Owner (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 June 2018
Excellent Franchisor. Two Men And A Truck is an excellent company and offers great support in every aspect of the business. I would highly recommend Two Men And A Truck.
Great group of guys
Mover (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 February 2018
Fast paced environment, offering consistent changes, unique challenges and skill development.
High value placed on customer service skills.
Franchisee is always looking to grow the business so there are always growth opportunities available for those capable of making positive contributions to the brand and are looking to advance into team leads, sales, or management positions.
Schedule is the most difficult part of the job as customers often close on both homes the same day resulting in long days or later start times.
Great group of guys (and girls), many of which have been with the company a long time. Tips can easily double your earnings on a week.
Pros
Growth opportunities, good tips
Cons
Need to have a flexible schedule
Hard work but can be rewarding.
Summer & Part Time (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 January 2018
This is a difficult job! 30 degrees in the middle of summers carrying heavy items for 14 hours can happen. But if you're the active type, why not get paid to work out! Tips can be very good if you provide a great service. It is nice to be outdoors, and working in a different location every day.
Pros
Tips, Rewarding work, Outdoors, Different location everyday
Cons
Hard Work!
Great group of people too work with and for
Furniture Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 January 2018
I had a great time working at Two Men and a Truck (Niagara Region). My day always started with a 35 min drive too the shop, but it was so worth it. I met and worked with amazing people and I wish them all well in the Future
Pros
Laughs, experience, great people
Cons
None i can think of
Summary
Driver/ Mover (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 August 2017
I have worked with Two Men and A Truck for the last 4 years. It is a good company to work for as long as your willing to learn. It is a very physically demanding job and must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions for long hours.
awesome
Mover (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 August 2017
they are a good company to work with they are efficient and relaible their men are responsible they do know their job very well i work love to work with them again
good workers poor management
Mover (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2017
management does not know what it is doing, they struggle to do their job. workers aren't all treated the same. we are not supposed to get breaks throughout our ten hour days.
Pros
paid to drive to job location
Cons
long hours poor pay management sucks
New Experience
Mover (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON1 August 2017
It was my first job and l can say that it was amazing work. Learning to pack valuables safely, moving furniture up and downstairs prove sometime to be a challenge, however it provided we use problem solving to find the answers.
Pros
Warm work emvoirment
Cons
Estimating hours
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 July 2017
Long hours and visiting different places working witg different people. Heavy and light lifting. Customer treated the movers to lunch on some occasions and some paid in movers in tips.
Pros
Visiting different areas
Cons
Long tiring hours
Getting paid to workout with furniture
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 March 2017
Great working place for experience. Management was very supportive. The hardest part is was walking up 6 story apartment with a sofa since it didn't fit in the elevator.
Pros
free furniture and tips
productive enviorment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 January 2017
great company, great staff ... being on road meeting new people everyday is amazing. not to mention working with good professional guys always get the job done in a good time with less damages. Tips are always a bonus .
Pros
a lot of hours
Cons
sparatic schedule
Terrible place to work and worse managment
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2016
All around not a great place to work. Sh1tty pay for sh1tty hours to be treated like a monkey. Office doesn't know how to do quotes right so the movers have to rush to get it done. Manager will rip customers off every penny he can. Very poorly organized.
Pros
Get laid
Cons
Managment rape5 you
Good group of guys to work with
Mover (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 December 2016
Two men and a truck is improving to be a good place to work at all the guys are high energy and try to make the job as fun as possible
Cons
only good for summer job
a good student job
Mover (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
Besides the physical aspect of the work, that requires a lot of motivation and determination, this job helped me develop a client-orientated spirit and customer services skills.
Cons
provided opportunity for personal growth and team mangagment skills
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
Typical day consisted of rising early and finishing late but with multiple benefits throughout the day. meeting new people every day and provided optimal customer service was a great skill this job allowed you to harness. hardest part of the day was moving exceptionally heavy furniture but the most enjoyable would be the extra tips possibly given out at the end of the day.
Pros
Driving allowed for a mandatory break
Cons
long hours and moving in any type of weather conditions
Hard Workers need only apply
Move Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 December 2015
Two men and a Truck is a great moving company that backs their employees by giving us all the tools to get our job done right. It is a moving position all of which have a high turnover rate
Pros
coffee, good work enviroment
Cons
long work hours, continuous heavy lifting
Great place to engage in an active lifestyle through lifting furniture
Truck Driver/Loader/Mover/Trainer (Former Employee) –  245 Yorkland Blvd, Toronto, ON M2J 4W93 November 2015
Fun workplace with great people (employees and management).
Learning the aspects of maintaining and operating a 26 foot truck for 4 years is an experience I wear on my belt. The environment and general job procedure really does promote determination and being the best one can be.
The time spent under this employment has positively benefited my health in cardio but most significantly in my strength capability. As with most jobs of this nature, it is common to be fatigued and irritable, however, it is that very aspect of any job where one can learn to further their skills as a person and inter-personally. My colleagues have taught me positive social/physical skills that can be applied beneficially in my life.
Pros
Very flexible work times
Cons
long hours (daily)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®. Our community is ready to answer.