TVape

TVape Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
pretty flexible working in the warehouse as long as you follow process and make sure shipments get out properly and error free.
the warehouse is very nice and clean.

things are very organized in the warehouse.

People are generally very polite to each other

can get very fast paced during peak times.

KPIs are measure, so errors that one does come back to haunt us.

Subway is like 5-10 minutes walk, but there is free parking.
Tvape has a warm and welcoming team
Every person plays an important part in the company and they get the info on how they fit into the big picture

There is always someone to ask for help when needed

Everybody works hard, but there is generally a relaxed atmosphere

I think the business development segment could need more structure. I had another BDev take my lead right in front of me and pretend he is helping with my second call, but completely take it over. But he then recorded it as his own close LOL. I stayed classy about it, but I think some people in the sales department need to calm down and not be too greedy. I talked to the manager and I felt heard. They mean well as far as I can tell.
Positives:
Growing industry with a lot of potential. I once closed 2 accounts in a day and they do this funny thing to boost your motivation up. they call it witnessing, which is basically what they do in that movie Madmax. that is fun as silly as it sounds.

Established and well known brands with great reputation

Great people on the team, very enjoyable to work with

Negatives:

Must put in the hours. get as much as you give and it is not easy. They wont hand you accounts because the guys that close it keep it and keep making the commission.

Some of the people they hire for the business development roles are just so bad they are demotivating.
Up to date on technology and SEO. Lots to learn from the team there. Marketing is where they are very strong.

Great learning environment for people interested in e-commerce

Intelligent management with unique experiences.

Working with people in different time zones seems harder that it actually turned out being for us.

Find fun ways to encourage the sales people to work harder. Sometimes I found it hard to stay on task, because some of the sales guys were doing phenominal and some others were doing terrible.
A terrible place to work from the start. Management is horrifically inexperienced leading to uncertainty about any structural development. Management doesn’t trust anyone but a select few and monitors internal chat to find out if anyone is talking anything negative about the company or their dictatorship “culture”. As the CEO said - it is not a democracy at Tvape.
Pros
Meeting other people that are trapped in this Tyranny of a compnay
Cons
Over worked, over stressed and underpaid
Extremely stressful and toxic work environment. Yelling and/or public humiliation from upper management is routine there, the “culture” is rotten. Needless to say it’s extremely hard to work there, micromanagement is relentless. If only they spent as much time on the tasks and challenges at hand as they do on playing power games, maybe they wouldn’t have to post jobs here almost weekly.
I felt mentally abused there. They expect you to work extra hours every day. There are no benefits and the CEO can scream at your face at any time. Just a nightmare.
Pros
free snacks
Have been working here for a couple years now. Doesnt feel like I am getring up to go to work in the morning. Thats all I have to say.the peopke are great and we do company cottage trips and other activities. The growth of the company and industry is awesome and get everyone so excited. Love it here!
Pros
Culture and people
Cons
No benefits