TutorBright Employee Reviews

Enthusiastic People and Communicative
Math and Economics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2018
- Quick and Effective in getting students to the appropriate mentors.
- Tutors and students have an organized platform for communication and scheduling.
Good part-time work
Tutor-Mentor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 April 2018
I think it's really rewarding to work at TutorBright, especially if you're looking for part-time work. The company really cares for its students, and you get to pick where and who you work with. The student evaluations are thorough and they're really helpful when coming up with a good plan to work with the student. TutorBright also provides sheets to help you tutor, if you need them (but you're free to use your own stuff/none at all). They are also concerned about your wellbeing, and call pretty often to follow-up, and if you need time they definitely help set up your students with another tutor!

Hardest part of the job would be finding/getting students, since there are so many tutors, it's pretty much first-come first-serve. But they do text/email you when they have new students, based on your location (and try not to send you students that are really far from you), and just by calling in they're super nice and helpful and try to get you set up asap.
Thank you for my first job as a high school student!
In-home Tutor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 March 2018
TutorBright me when I was in tenth grade and no prior professional teaching experience. They took me on so kindly with a pay much above minimum wage. They allowed me to make mistakes! I can't thank them enough! This is really an amazing company! In addition, I truly adore their attitude towards tutoring: it isn't simply homework help, it is to be a mentor towards the student.
Super energetic, organized, productive group of Directors of Education
Student Success Coach (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 March 2018
TutorBright is a great place to work. Management is very professional and share a great relationship with each other and the SSC and Tutors. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students. Great company with a passion for helping students improve personally and academically.
Best tutoring company in Toronto
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
- travel to student's houses for tutoring sessions
- great starting pay
- friendly management
- flexible hours and schedules available
- company parties are held
Pros
Great pay
Cons
May require commuting
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 December 2017
Hard to get in touch sometimes and the students you get are not a reliable source of income as they change the hours as they see fit (obviously, but still)
Great work/life balance
EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT COACH / TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
With TutorBright you are easily able to pursue other avenues of interest in your career while working towards a job in education. The Staff are incredible friendly and understanding.
Sci tutor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 August 2017
They pay 20 bucks for tutor but charged students 50/hr..... they don't care about the tutors.....they only want a cheap labour to help them make money......
Productive and fun
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 July 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching a set curriculum to the kids and learning from them as well.
I also polished by Math and English skills while helping kids with other things like comprehension.
Great environment
English, French, Math, and Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2017
Great and understanding staff. Will help in any situation almost instantly. Very reliable and friendly company. Delivers what has been promised. It is a true pleasure to work there.
Fun and Flexible
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 April 2017
Tutoring is super rewarding and has helped shape my career. TutorBright is super supportive and offers help whenever you need it. You can create your own schedule and take on as many students as you can handle. Overall, awesome job!
Great Management!
TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 February 2017
Working with Tutorbright has been great. Management is always willing to help and give advice plus are always easy to contact. The program they set up is easy to follow for both participants and tutors. You get to choose which students you would like to take on and aren't forced to take on ones you don't want to.
Pros
Flexibile Hours
Good hours, good job
Tutor-Mentor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 February 2017
Liked that I could make my own hours and availability. No opportunity for full time work. Nice working with children and their families and being able to tailor sessions to child's needs.
Similar to a cult
Assessor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
They have their workers engage in a weird seminar held by a guru for "Think and Grow Rich". It's quite similar to other scams like Scientology. I felt really uncomfortable during these sessions.
Pros
Possible to make a little money
Cons
Strange work environment
Excellent independent experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2016
It's a good job - lots of independence, but no real room for advancement. You get to have some experience building a lesson plan, but they don't do a great job of providing you with resources.
A great team with great students.
Maths Tutor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, ON16 November 2016
TutorBright was a great place for me to work. The environment was very professional and helped me grow as a teacher. I am looking forward to any future opportunities I have to work with them.
Good company decent pay as a part time job
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 August 2016
The company is good. $20 is very good as a student part time job. Only thing not very good is the amount of hours. But overall it is a good job.
Good for busy people!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON7 July 2016
TutorBright hours are really flexible and the number of students you have can vary. Sometimes its great because you can get a lot of students when you're free and need the income, but other times you may not have many students OR you may have too many contacting you when you're busy.
The staff and management are exceptional and understanding, though, so, generally speaking, almost everything can be accommodated!
Pros
flexible hours, friendly working environment, one-on-one classes, easy-to-use hub
Cons
no tax deductions on your pay, a lack of or too many students at one time
Excellent opportunity to work as a tutor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 June 2016
I found that working at Tutorbright, provided me an excellent opportunity to work with students; helping them learn as well as help improve my teaching skills
Great place to become a mentor
Mentor/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2016
I prepare lessons a day before the lesson takes place. I always work with the same students, same families which makes great and strong relationships. I am here to become like a "big sister" who teaches them on French in particular.

All of the students are different from each other -of course. TutorBright provides us a detailed background of each (what they like at school, outside of school, what they don't like, what is their favorite movie, music, food, hobbies, ....) which really helps adapting to each of them.

TutorBright is easy to reach, always present when we need it/if we need it. They try to make happy tutors so that the students are happy aswell. They easily provide some materials or any advice. I really approve how this is managed!
I work by myself, I don't have co-workers, except for the first few sessions where the director of education came with me to make sure everything is fine. (We do get to meet the co-workers few times a year, for a friendly event organized by TutorBright).

The hardest part of the job for me was once a student loses focus. I didn't use to be strict, but I learnt to be more entertaining and adapt my activities with something they like.
I really enjoy when you can see in a students eyes that he understands what he was struggling on before...!
Pros
Management, and pretty well everything
Cons
Contract work, not as many students as I'd like to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TutorBright. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3