Tutor Doctor

Tutor Doctor Employee Reviews

As a student, I love being able to choose my own hours and availability. It was also easy to do during the spring while I was working full time and kids were still in school since it's mostly evenings. Great management as well.
Expect to wait one or two weeks to be assigned your first student. However, as time goes on, you will start accumulating more students and your income increases. The pay per hour is above average compared to other similar companies.You will have access to some good teaching resources such as question banks and online tutoring tools.The supervisor is very supportive and encouraging, and replies quickly if you run into any trouble.Like any tutoring job, you need to spend some extra unpaid time before and after work (i.e. preparing lessons, writing a brief report after each session, etc.)
Pros
supportive supervisor, decent pay
Cons
need to wait a while to be assigned a student, need to do some unpaid work before and after sessions
22 January 2021
Thank you for submitting a review! There are so many benefits to being a tutor with Tutor Doctor, and we're glad to see you are experiencing those.
I had an excellent suprvisor and a great opportunity to use my education to help others succed. It was great working there. I would highly recommend this company for others.
Pros
Excellent supervisor.Its great to boost others to achieve their learning goals.
Cons
Driving supplement would be nice
22 January 2021
Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that this was a rewarding experience for you!
Very fun working enviroment. Managers are always trying to do fun activities for the staff in order to mantain a relaxed environment. It is not a "cubicle" type of office, more like an open space.
Pros
Tons of benefits and free tea
23 October 2020
I enjoyed working with tutor doctor as they connected me to the right student who needs help. Supporting students in their assignments, clearing their doubts and explaining difficult concepts of their grade subjects was very satisfying.
23 October 2020
Flexible job, you can make your own schedule. Work with students from their home, quiet a good experience. You are independent, you can always find your own clients too.
23 October 2020
My experience working for Tutor Doctor helped me with my confidence level as a whole person. In addition about learning different new skills. The encouragement and step by step help. As well as involvement and contribution that you can make is a phenomial place to work in.
Pros
Team effort and spirit.
23 October 2020
Tutor Doctor has great management; they are kind and helpful. Their online system for booking appointments and getting new students is the best I've seen.
23 October 2020
sometime there are no students in my area, and there is a lack of communicatioin from the office; overall good experience but a need to improve the team aactivities
23 October 2020
Thank you for your review. We are always looking to improve so we appreciate your feedback!
Very low salary, no incentives, no opportunity for growth. No annual performance reviews with an option to get a pay increase. Some management members were great, other very tough to work with.
23 October 2020
We’re sorry your experience with Tutor Doctor was less than exceptional.
It allowed us to make our hours. We were allowed to pick which student we wanted to teach and where. The parents and students both were on the same page as me on the first meeting day.
23 October 2020
Flexibility is one of the many benefits of working as a tutor for Tutor Doctor!
I loved the ethos of Tutor Doctor and the purpose of the company. The families were amazing, as were all the students that I had the pleasure of working with.
23 October 2020
Really flexible hours, great for working during full time school! Managers are very helpful and always prioritize you as a tutor, very easy to approach!
23 October 2020
Having been given the opportunity to work here has greatly improved my communication skills. As well, I feel more confident in teaching subjects which will prepare me for my future career in writing and/or teaching.
23 October 2020
I tutored five high school students in Calculus, Advanced Functions, and Data Management and their marks increased their marks from 60 to 85 within 3 months. At last, I tracked learning progress for each student to enhance tutoring methods and helped students achieve their goals
23 October 2020
As a teacher, you learn a lot about students and courses. I worked with many experienced teachers and educators. It was a great place to teach, learn and improve as a teacher.
23 October 2020
This review is for a particular franchise of Tutor Doctor (TD), but as the company does not denote its franchising structure when it advertises, I would like my review to apply to the whole company. The TD system ensures that tutors don't know what parents are being charged and vice versa. The process for getting awarded "matches" with students is completely arbitrary, and subject to the whims/favoritism of a person that is incapable of weighing the relevant factors such as your availability and mobility (but they'll argue they're looking out for your best interests). The system for making appointments and logging hours is neatly self-contained but it requires a lot of overhead, and it does not coordinate well with external scheduling systems. Make sure you suck up to your clients; the customer is always right with these guys.
23 October 2020
We’re sorry your experience with Tutor Doctor was less than exceptional.
Tutor Doctor is a great place to work. A typical day would start with surfing the job board to pick up any prospective students. If you have an appointment that day, you would drive to the students house and tutor them for the agreed upon time. You are in direct contact with the parents and set your own schedule according to the student's needs and your availability.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Travel times
23 October 2020
Flexibility is one of the many benefits of working as a tutor for Tutor Doctor! For more tutoring opportunities involving less travel, we encourage you to speak with your local Tutor Doctor office about online tutoring opportunities.
This is a good company to work for. The salary isnt the greatest however management is great and I would love to work for them again in the future if I needed to.
23 October 2020
Make your own schedule, earn more pocket money and have the wonderful opportunity to meet bright young people whose academic life you'll get to see flourish!
Pros
Make your own schedule, rewarding work
Cons
Not enough students
23 October 2020
In-home tutoring based on individual student's needs. TImes are set by the tutor and student. You must apply and successfully match with students to work. Applications are decided by the branch manager and are aimed at providing the best service to the student.
  1. Employee reviews