Tutor Doctor Employee Reviews

Recomended to motivated undergrad students
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
It's a great supplemental job, I kind of regret not knowing about this when I went to undergraduate school. Sometimes the families can be lacklustre in terms of scheduling, good for self esteem too.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unpredictability & seasonality
Good to get in touch with students to teach them
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke15 March 2018
Its usually around 10 hours a week. Usually of a very part-time nature.
However, amazing to collaborate with the family of the student to work for the betterment of the students. Loved it.
I am someone who takes teaching as a passion and not a profession.
Comfortable and Casual
In-home Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AN8 March 2018
Tutor Doctor offers great support to tutors as well as independence. Lots of offers for students and good communication from managers to tutors. Low pressure and conformity to your own schedule.
Pros
Independence, set your own schedule
Cons
Own lesson plans
Great experience, mileage is terrible.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON31 January 2018
I love working for Tutor Doctor, they have great staff and the experience has been amazing. I dislike how I need to drive place to place with no vehicle coverage, depending on how many students you have in one night, the amount you lose in gas may not be compensated by the amount you make.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
No mileage pay
Tutor Doctor is a Great Opportunity
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
Join Tutor Doctor ... I love focusing on student (special needs is my preference). Tutor Doctor saw the results of my tutoring a regular student versus special needs and now if there is a student with an IPP, Autistic, Developmentally delayed etc, they'll reference that child to me and give the parents a heads up on who I am in that skill. You'll feel you are making a difference in each child you meet!
Pros
Annual Christmas Party, receive free mugs and outstanding Tutors are recognised at this event!
Cons
Hourly rate of pay remains the same ... I've worked the for 4 yrs and the pay has never increased
flexible schedules
Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
Flexible, however time consuming in terms of commuting and not really worth it. The compensation does not cover the commuting cost and you would have to have many students to cover your costs and benefit.
Great Workplace
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2017
Very busy, conscientious, dedicated tutoring agency that has good, professional relationships with its tutors and clients. Administration is pleasant and flexible; willing to give more work provided it fits with your schedule. Tutor Dr has helped and continues to help students improve their grades and interest in various subjects. Overall a great company to work for.
Reliable company
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
I worked like a Spanish tutor for couple of months but i received all the support and training from them.

They gave me the opportunity to experience my first job in Canada,
wonderful company
Educational Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 July 2017
Great company! They are all such nice and caring people. The company is always growing so lots of potential for getting better jobs. The Company just needs to provide more benefits.
Flexible and friendly management that care about advancement
Education Consultant and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, Ontario11 July 2017
I started off as an Education Consultant with this company and moved into many roles. I couldn't stand the 9-5 lifestyle so the flexibility and the fact I could make my own schedule was very appealing to me. The position as an EC made me comfortable with problem solving and creating programs to fit the student specifically. I've advanced within the company as a Marketing Manager and Tutor Recruiter and there are constantly new opportunities within education (such as Jr. Engineering programs and other educational workshops where you get to work within the schools). Best job I've ever had!
Pros
flexible, great environment, independence
Cons
healthcare/benefits
Great compensation and user-friendly website
Contract Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta (Canada)10 July 2017
As this work was as a contractor, I found there was a lot of flexibility to tutor according to my own schedule. Tutor Doctor did a great job in matching me up with a couple of students who I worked very well with. There is never any pressure to take on more students than you are able to handle. Their website for filing reports and tracking hours is very user friendly and they always pay on time via direct deposit to your bank account. I would highly recommend Tutor Doctor as a good company to tutor for.
Pros
Flexibility; great compensation
Cons
No benefits
Very Good Experience with Tutor Doctor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2017
It is a very good experience working with Tutor Doctor. There are flexibility for the employees to work with Tutor Doctor. Employees can work part time or full time as per their availability.
Casual work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 May 2017
Mostly suitable for students or those looking for a flexible part-time work. You can choose which student to tutor, which is very helpful. However, you will need to travel to students' homes.
Flexible and pays for saving up pocket change
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 May 2017
I could pick the time when I wanted to tutor; the work hours accommodated to my schedule. The pay was decent. I also had fun meeting different students.
Tutor Doctor has many customers and It is very good.
Tutor Doctor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
If you wanna do well as a tutor of tutor doctor you must have a car. And the other is just be good at tutoring, make concepts simple. The coordinators are very good and they have a very good website.
Pros
Additional training is provided for free
Cons
No car, being a tutor is unproductive
adaptable work place
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
Tutor doctor allows me to work when I am available. it gives me the chance to work with students and face problems that I can overcome with the students. it has helped me learn how to step outside my comfort zone and deal with new experiences.
Pros
adapts to me
Cons
not enough hours
Tutoring is fulfilling
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
Tutoring is a fulfilling and rewarding job due to the fact that you get to see, first hand, the improvement in the student as well as grow as a tutor.
They charge way too much to parents
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2017
This company is a complete scam. They say that they're providing students with special method but when I was a tutor with them they provided zero hours of training. All they did was refer you to some materials they had within a company app that you could find absolutely anywhere else. I felt bad for the parents for believing them.
Pros
Get to teach, always rewarding.
Cons
Feel like parents are paying way too much
Flexible hours and rewarding, but feast or famine.
Mathematics and Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC1 April 2016
Being a part of a student's learning and witnessing their progress is very rewarding. You can generally choose how many students you want to take on at a time based on your availability and willingness or ability to travel to the students' homes. The job is very much based on student demand, however, so you may go without students (and hence work) for some time, especially over the summer.
Pros
Rewarding, flexible hours
Cons
Driven by demand
Environnement attractif
Tuteur à Domicile (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 March 2016
C'est une bonne entreprise,
l'environnement du travail est bon
Pros
Cartes Cadeaux Gratuits
Cons
Moins d'heures par semaine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tutor Doctor. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4