Turtle Jacks Muskoka Grill Employee Reviews for Server

It’s a serving job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON1 May 2019
The food is good, sometimes, depending on who’s in the kitchen. The management doesn’t really care, most of them hang out in the office watch videos on their phones. No staff area! You throw All of your belongings into a bathroom. Then when a staff member needs to use the washroom and locks that door they are left alone to search through your belongings.
Pros
50% off when working 25% when not
Cons
Management is grumpy, Tip out is 4%, Customers love to complain about the lack of parking and the high prices, No staff area to keep your stuff.
Enjoyable workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 December 2018
Going to work was fun, it was never a drag. The staff was helpful and friendly, the managers are understanding, trustworthy, and compassionate to staff members situations outside of work. Its unfortunate i had to move, but one of the best jobs ive had in a really long time!
Pros
Team work makes the dream work !
turtle jacks
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 November 2018
working at turtle jacks is a wonderful experience. the employees and managers all get along great. every time you step into the building there is positive energy among all the employees
Productive and fun
Server (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 May 2018
Turtle Jack's Muskoka Girll is a fast-paced, upscale resturant that is committed to delivering exceptional service and great-tasting food that reflects the cottage lifestyle. Both coworkers and customers are down-to-earth, adventurous and friendly.
I love it
Server /Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 October 2017
Great place to work, fun, always smiles in the room. Run the team with a family mindset. Never feel like I'm going to work. Have met such great people.
Pros
free food
Cons
Working Weekends.
Great management staff that makes this restaurant feel like home
Server (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 April 2016
After working at turtle Jacks off and on for 5 years, this place has really become and important part of my job experience. The management staff always allowed me to come back and work for short time periods when I was home from school and were happy to train me in many different positions. The people I worked with became life long friends.
great food great fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 August 2015
Excellent place and company to work for. Food was great and staff was amazing. Loved trying all the new foods that came on the menu. Managers were very helpful from open to close and always had your back.
Pros
Free taste testing
Fast-Paced, Fun Workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2014
Turtle Jacks is fast-paced fun environment to work in. Management is great, along with the co-workers.
Great atmosphere and good co-workers
Server (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 August 2013
Working at Turtle Jack's you always felt like a family, on occasion when a customer would bring you down your team was right there to bring you back up. Working in a place that was like working with family made it enjoyable to go into work everyday.
Pros
There's always food when you're hungry
Great environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 June 2013
Great managers and owners. A fair place to work with advancement potential.
Fun, fast pace enviroment
server (Former Employee) –  burlington on13 December 2012
I was in charge of seating customers and ensuring customers had a place to sit and did not have to wait long. As I gained experience I was able to be promoted as a server. It was a fast pace enviroment so the management taught me how to work in that field but it was difficult to keep everyone happy at all times in such a stressful enviroment. I loved interacting with various customers and gaining knowledge as a server.
Pros
social skills
Cons
not knowing when shifts were done