Turtle Jacks Muskoka Grill Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

3.6Pay & Benefits
3.7Job Security & Advancement
Good management staff and atmosphere
Host (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2019
As a young man I had a lot of fun working at here, the other employees were friendly and even on busy nights the atmosphere was light hearted and fun.
friendly co-workers,
Hostess/Expo (Current Employee) –  Waterdown, ON11 June 2018
working front of house was a fun, great experience to try, great for people persons learned a lot
.................
friendly space had lots of fun, got along great with front of house managers , always was able to find someone to help with whatever u needed
Okay Job
Part Time Hostess (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON1 March 2018
My only issue was the management. They made the job un-pleasant. Other than that, staff at the time was great and job was good, unless management poorly managed (ex. messing up shifts, being overwhelmingly demanding, making hostess' work jobs not in their description or jobs they are not qualified for etc). I know other locations however that have amazing management, so don't let this scare you.
Pros
50% off food during shift, 25% off shift, Friendly Staff
Cons
No breaks, no end time (like all restaurant business'), Poor management
Great restaurant with great food and great staff.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 January 2018
This was an extremely good place to work for a first job! The menu is easy to learn and the staff are all so friendly! Would recommend applying here to anyone who wants a job in a restaurant or in the service industry!!
Pros
Great food and even better people to work with
Cons
Sometimes longer hours than expected
Fun Workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 June 2017
Nice staff, and great management. If you are looking for a safe, flexible workplace Turtle Jacks is the place to be. I have most definitely enjoyed my time there.
Standard hosting position
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 June 2017
The staff became my family and the managers were always willing to help out. I was with TJs for nearly 3 years (first job) and I loved every moment of working with that team.
Busy and fast-pace atmosphere
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 April 2017
Turtle jacks was a very busy and always on-the-go job, A typical day included bussing and setting tables, seating guests, washroom checks, and many other small tasks that a manager or server would be in need of. Management was more on the strict side- nice of course, but they wanted to keep the restaurant in tip-top shape at all times and needed the help of all of the employees to do so. Seeing so many different faces a day was refreshing, as well as having a bigger staff gave me an opportunity to meet many new people. The job was very fast pace, so it was kind of an exhausting shift once you were done. Bussing tables also isn't one of my favourite things to do, which probably didn't help. However, I got to work along a great staff and interact with many different customers who came in and out of the restaurant. Overall, I learned time management and how to interact with many different kinds of people.
Pros
Great staff, dress code, meeting many new people, fast-paced
Cons
Unstructured hours, tiring, bussing tables
Productive and fun place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 May 2016
A typical day at Turtle Jack's as a hostess means bussing, seating, food running, and helping out servers. The management is good, customers are always treated very well, all the co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is having to adapt to anything that happens. Most enjoyable part is the customers!
Productive and Welcoming Workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2016
Turtle Jacks is an extremely welcoming place. All management and employees are hard working, cooperative and we all function together, as a team. As a hostess I am responsible for maintaining the interior of the restaurant, greeting guests, answering the telephone and occasionally serving customers their meal. The hardest part of this job is keeping the restaurant functioning smoothly, as hosts are the people waiters, managers and customers address to solve any problems and receive any information.
Pros
Tips are split between everyone, the occasional free meal as well as employee discounts.
Cons
It is undetermined how long your shift will be.
Productive and well organized work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waterdown Ontario13 October 2015
Was a great place to work. Always surrounded with a positive atmosphere and hard workers. I would rotate between expo, take out, and head hostess. The most enjoyable part about the job was the flexibility of the management and the friendliness of the other workers.
great place to work
Host (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2014
welcoming atmosphere, co-workers are great as well. not really any hard parts at all, great place to excel in.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
not to many hours