Turtle Jacks Muskoka Grill Employee Reviews for Bartender

Fun place to work
Shift Lead Server/Head Bartender (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 September 2018
Learned how to work well within a team as well as made a lot of new friends. Family atmosphere is valued here. Long hours sometimes, but management always understanding when it comes to family/illness, etc.
Pros
Social atmosphere, networking
Cons
constant high energy environment
Great Staff- Terrible Management
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON31 August 2018
Although the staff and generally the customers are all great, the management is severely lacking. Disorganized and inappropriate are the politest way to put it. Many of us were sexually harassed and verbally abused by the management using scare tactics and if that did not work, they simply fired you without cause.

I wish it was a better place to work because I truly loved my co-workers but the management's toxicity was too overwhelming to continue working there or ever return.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Poor Management
One of my favourite places I have worked at!!
Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2018
Fun place to work at. Management is very lenient on working around your schedule. The job environment is friendly, everyone works well with each other; which is a huge plus!
Family environment
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 January 2018
It has its ups and downs like any other job but it’s a good place to work. You’re a part of a family there. Everybody helps each other. Owners/managers are understanding.
Great money, horrible management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 January 2018
I worked as a bartend and server for 4 months at Turtle Jacks. The money I made was amazing, one of the highest I have ever made in any restaurant, and I have worked in many! The other servers and bartenders were also amazing to work and very positive.

However, the management at Turtle Jacks is horrible. Working 10 hour shifts with no breaks, scheduling 60 hours a week with no overtime, and not allowing sick days were just a few of the frustrating things. After I became extremely sick due to a disease, I was bullied by the manager because she didn't believe me (I suffer from lung disease) and told me to stop showing up for my shifts and never come back if I am going to call in sick.

If you don't care about management being a-holes then it is great for the money and the staff is awesome.
Pros
Discounts, good tips
Cons
Long hours, cut pay, no overtime, bad management
SUPERVISOR/ BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Waterdown, ON14 November 2017
engaging management.
flexible hours.
Lots of room for movement.
can be long shifts.
on your feet a lot.
family environment.
must be able to work weekends/ holidays.
Server/Tiki Bartender (Former Employee) –  Port Carling, ON26 December 2016
Enjoyable workplace. Great location for servers looking to learn new skills. Large work area, great customers, management, and employees. Daily challenges that are fun to complete and manage.
Fun, productive workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Port Carling, ON3 December 2016
Amazing place too work, would highly suggest as a beginner job as the training is great. If you already have experience you will fit right in. Management and staff treat you like family.
Fun place to work
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 November 2016
Good place to work, management is very helpful, and you easily become engulfed into the "Turtle Jacks" Family. It does not feel like you are heading to work when you step into the building. I have learned a lot about working as a team to benefit the company and ensure that all days run smoothly.
zero consistency
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 May 2014
It was nearly impossible to take this company seriously. The majority of the superior staff were involved in taking drugs which made their presence at work very hard to deal with. It was hard for me to leave the company because I knew the staff would not be well taken care of. Furthermore, I always refused to compromise my service to customers, however the management team were less than supportive of their staff.
Pros
there was not one thing that was great about this work environment
Cons
to many to name