Turtle Jacks Muskoka Grill Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Good management staff and atmosphere
Host (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2019
As a young man I had a lot of fun working at here, the other employees were friendly and even on busy nights the atmosphere was light hearted and fun.
Very welcoming company with great opportunities
Host/Busser and Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2019
Setup tables, view seating sections, greet guests and seat them
Enhanced my communication skills and team work skills
Management is very friendly and kind.
Pros
Discounted Lunch
Cons
Never know when you will finish
Great work environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 January 2019
Good pay and great work environment. One has the opportunity to move up and excel with this company. Learned many valuable kitchen and other skills. Great food and clean place.
turtle jacks
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 November 2018
working at turtle jacks is a wonderful experience. the employees and managers all get along great. every time you step into the building there is positive energy among all the employees
Fun Place to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 September 2018
Great environment to work. Very friendly but the compromise is shift work and lower pay> however most restaurants have a tip out. Management depends on which location you work at.
Some places just arent for you
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2018
13 months I was a slave to this company busting my a** getting little respect from manager it's a good starting off job but never should it be permanent
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Managers
fine workplace
Hostess, Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 January 2018
turtle jacks is an awesome company! very good training and everyone that works in the corporate office is also very nice. the food is amazing so thats definitely an asset to working there!
ok
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2018
go to work, bust hump for no respect, leave. overtime is only paid after 88 hours for 2 weeks so if you worked 60 hours the week before they would cut you early so you made the least amount if any overtime. they do it all for the money not for their workers
Pros
co workers
Cons
management
Fun and Productive but management wasnt all there
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 December 2017
Everything was fine at turtl jacks, other then the every day split shifts, it would waste my time going back and forth. and second the management kept changing which means sloppy orders and more
Standard hosting position
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 June 2017
The staff became my family and the managers were always willing to help out. I was with TJs for nearly 3 years (first job) and I loved every moment of working with that team.
Environnement éducatif, calme et respectueux.
Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
Une journée de travail typique implique une salutation entre moi et mes collègues, je les demande si le restaurant est très occupé puis nous commençons à préparer les repas. L'aspect le plus difficile est de préparer les repas et de nettoyer la cuisine en même temps durant une journée très occuper. L'aspect le plus agréable est d'avoir des conversations avec mes collègues durant les journées calmes, puisque mes collègues à Turtle Jacks' étaient très marrant.
Pros
Bon endroit pour apprendre.
Cons
Loin de ma maison.
Productive and Welcoming Workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2016
Turtle Jacks is an extremely welcoming place. All management and employees are hard working, cooperative and we all function together, as a team. As a hostess I am responsible for maintaining the interior of the restaurant, greeting guests, answering the telephone and occasionally serving customers their meal. The hardest part of this job is keeping the restaurant functioning smoothly, as hosts are the people waiters, managers and customers address to solve any problems and receive any information.
Pros
Tips are split between everyone, the occasional free meal as well as employee discounts.
Cons
It is undetermined how long your shift will be.
Productive and fast-paced
Restaurant Supervisor and Marketing Team (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2015
This job entailed being fast on your feet, being able to get along with people and micro-manage large groups of people. In addition, being able to organize events was also a significant component.
great food great fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 August 2015
Excellent place and company to work for. Food was great and staff was amazing. Loved trying all the new foods that came on the menu. Managers were very helpful from open to close and always had your back.
Pros
Free taste testing
Fast-paced and fun environment
Hostess & Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2015
While working at Turtle Jack's, I was responsible for hostessing, recording take-out orders and waitressing. In doing so, I greeted patrons and seated them. I also received and recorded patrons' reservations and assigned those tables. I inspected dining and serving equipment ensuring cleanliness and readiness for patrons and servers to use. I accepted payments from patrons for food and beverages via credit card, debit and cash.
I spoke with patrons ensuring satisfaction with food and services and attended to complaints.
As a head hostess, I supervised and provided thorough training for up to eight hostesses monthly.
My favourite aspect of the job was working closely with others and interacting with customers. I enjoyed providing great customer service and working with friendly, but professional co-workers and management. I also enjoyed working in such a fast-paced environment.
Fast-Paced, Fun Workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2014
Turtle Jacks is fast-paced fun environment to work in. Management is great, along with the co-workers.
zero consistency
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 May 2014
It was nearly impossible to take this company seriously. The majority of the superior staff were involved in taking drugs which made their presence at work very hard to deal with. It was hard for me to leave the company because I knew the staff would not be well taken care of. Furthermore, I always refused to compromise my service to customers, however the management team were less than supportive of their staff.
Pros
there was not one thing that was great about this work environment
Cons
to many to name
great place to work
Host (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2014
welcoming atmosphere, co-workers are great as well. not really any hard parts at all, great place to excel in.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
not to many hours
Great place for teens who enjoy group work.
Turtle Jack's Muscoka Grill (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2012
I have learned to express myself more in a group environment while working at Turtle Jacks. I have also learned the importance of getting along with your managers. I have put it in a sport perspective; the manager is the coach and we are the players. If the coach and players work well together, the environment is great and the team is unstoppable. The hardest part of this job was closing down the kitchen alone but after you get the hang of it, it is all repetition.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
people were changed too often.