Turtle Jacks Muskoka Grill
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

Turtle Jacks Muskoka Grill Employee Reviews

Decent place to work.

Worked there for about three years. Management was not the greatest but the people were awesome to work with. However I was underpaid throughout my time there. If you're looking for a great entry level job I highly recommend working here.

Pros

sometimes we would get free food, great ppl to work with

Cons

long hours, managers were not the greatest

Competitive and favourites

When I worked at turtle jacks, they chose favourites. If your blonde you’ll be fine. If you work another job you NEED to tell them, especially if it’s mainly weekend work cause there is a chance you won’t get booked at all if your other job needs you on the weekend, they won’t put you in on the weekend. Majority of the staff are very nice and welcoming, some of the management are questionable. But if fast pace is for you then this is for you

Pros

Tips

Cons

No breaks, favouritism, rude management

Toxic environment

I started as a hostess, I was expected to/ and did tasks that are not in a hostess job description. Cleaning tables, pre-bussing, serving tables, running food, cleaning up after servers…all to be super unappreciated and treated poorly by vetran employees. No matter the effort someone can put, you will still get talked down on. Not to mention, I was never given breaks unless I worked 10+ hour shift …it’s ridiculous. With constant gossip and rude behaviour, and many panic attacks later, I decided to leave my position at this company. You don’t get paid enough to deal with this type of conflict in the workplace.

Pros

Customers were the highlight of my job

Cons

Terrible work environment

Amazing

Everything is great. I love working at turtle jacks muskoka grill in guelph.. Its always a positive environment and motivating to be around there

Embarrassingly bad management staff

Everyone who works there is friendly to newcomers and most know each other from high school. You do not get your meal comped, you get it at 50%. The management is terrible.

Pros

Relatively good hours for a restaurant

Cons

Terrible management/bad owner

Good people

People you work with matter. Turtle Jack's Port Carling has people that will look out for you.I had to leave early for personal reasons but It was a great place to work. Managers at this restaurant genuinely care about you. It's hard work and very fast paced.. But its a true family.

Pros

The sense of family

Cons

Very long hours. Expect 12 hour days. Longer in the kitchen. Worth it tho easy.

Fun work place, love the people, felt like a second family

I truly felt like it was a second family, the management was good and everyone is accepting, the hours are flexible and you can change shifts if you need to in a pinch

Fun environment

Although as a server the pay is not great and tips can vary, working at turtle jacks I made lots of good friends and found myself almost always having an amazing time with my coworkers, managements, and guests.

Pros

Tips, schedule flexibility

Cons

Lack of breaks, low pay

Fun work environment

Working at this restaurant was fun, fast paced and a great experience overall. I learned a lot about teamwork and working with a large group of people and how to stay calm in a busy environment.

Fun environment

Fun fast paced environment with nice people. Made friends pretty easily and was nice working in a kitchen. Relatively easy to pick up with minimal experience.

Great but fast paced experience

Great but fast paced experience. Not for everyone, but you will love it if it is or you. Some days are generally very busy while other are generally very relaxed.

Fun and fast paced environment

I love working in this restaurant. I have met so many amazing people working for this company. I have great regular guests that come in sometimes multiple times a week. Work days go by very fast since I'm always moving and having a good time!

Management and staff are friendly welcoming and hard working.. Everyone is eager to help and pitch in.. Very family oriented people.. Beautiful clean restaurant.. amazing, the

Friendly Fast Paced Workplace With Amazing Management

The TurtleJack's I worked at had amazing staff trained by incredible management. There were always new things to learn and opprutunities to improve. The staff helped each other learn what was needed to succeed and help one another in times of extreme rushes.

fun

Great people to work with. Easy work/life balance. Management is great. Discounts for food. Fun place to work part-time. Would go back to work with them.

Productive and fun

Great experience. coop placement, fantastic and energetic. Employment and managers are wonderful. Great for high school students. You will get to learn alot if you are going for the hospitality industry.

Good money but very stressful

- One manager was very good, the rest were extremely rude - Tips were good but you had to wait to get them for at least a week - Overly strict about most things

Not what it used to be

Turtle jacks used to be a fun place to work. The kitchen WAS organized, cleaned and actually had items for us to cook with.Unfortunately, kitchen management changed, things fell apart to a point I’m not sure it could be repaired without starting completely fresh. If you enjoy picking up everyone else’s slack, cooking along side roaches, having half your menu 86’d then this is the place for you

great work

loved working there, great management , fun environment, great work and great employees. Fast paced environment keeps you busy and your artistic side comes out when getting to plate salads or desserts

Bad place to work

Treat bartenders terribly Make no money Only servers make money and even then it's very minimal Managment was never anywhere to be found Owners would bring in friends and get you to serve them and then not charge them a bill

fun,good money and friends as server/bartender

great work culture relaxed when its slow randomly gets busy, good money as a bartender/server. Managers work long hours and dont get paid enough. Overall it's a fun serving job and you make decent money. Can be stressful if you are understaffed and it gets busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turtle Jacks Muskoka Grill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement