Turtle Jacks Muskoka Grill Employee Reviews

It’s a serving job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON1 May 2019
The food is good, sometimes, depending on who’s in the kitchen. The management doesn’t really care, most of them hang out in the office watch videos on their phones. No staff area! You throw All of your belongings into a bathroom. Then when a staff member needs to use the washroom and locks that door they are left alone to search through your belongings.
Pros
50% off when working 25% when not
Cons
Management is grumpy, Tip out is 4%, Customers love to complain about the lack of parking and the high prices, No staff area to keep your stuff.
Good Co-workers
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2019
Made long lasting connections at this company. I would have to say that management needs to take courses on communication. Some of them do not know how to talk properly to workers.
Overall the workplace is friendly and I enjoy working there.
Host (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 April 2019
Since I have worked at turtle jacks I have seen a couple of different mangers pass by and I can say that, this is our biggest downfall. Poor management doesn't allow for a smoothly run restaurant which then trickles down to the rest of the employees.
Job was unorganized as a Chef
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 March 2019
The Job was very unpredictable my starting time was fixed but my shift did not end until I was told to I could leave because we were not busy.

Also, the management kept shifting around to the point I did not know the back of the house manager.
Pros
Restaurant experience
Cons
No set hours
Good management staff and atmosphere
Host (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2019
As a young man I had a lot of fun working at here, the other employees were friendly and even on busy nights the atmosphere was light hearted and fun.
Very welcoming company with great opportunities
Host/Busser and Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2019
Setup tables, view seating sections, greet guests and seat them
Enhanced my communication skills and team work skills
Management is very friendly and kind.
Pros
Discounted Lunch
Cons
Never know when you will finish
good place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON25 January 2019
good place to work as a student. they were freindly and understanding about school. I woould work here againj. I don't want to give this review. I a
Great work environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 January 2019
Good pay and great work environment. One has the opportunity to move up and excel with this company. Learned many valuable kitchen and other skills. Great food and clean place.
Enjoyable workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 December 2018
Going to work was fun, it was never a drag. The staff was helpful and friendly, the managers are understanding, trustworthy, and compassionate to staff members situations outside of work. Its unfortunate i had to move, but one of the best jobs ive had in a really long time!
Pros
Team work makes the dream work !
turtle jacks
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 November 2018
working at turtle jacks is a wonderful experience. the employees and managers all get along great. every time you step into the building there is positive energy among all the employees
Fun Place to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 September 2018
Great environment to work. Very friendly but the compromise is shift work and lower pay> however most restaurants have a tip out. Management depends on which location you work at.
Fun place to work
Shift Lead Server/Head Bartender (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 September 2018
Learned how to work well within a team as well as made a lot of new friends. Family atmosphere is valued here. Long hours sometimes, but management always understanding when it comes to family/illness, etc.
Pros
Social atmosphere, networking
Cons
constant high energy environment
Great Staff- Terrible Management
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON31 August 2018
Although the staff and generally the customers are all great, the management is severely lacking. Disorganized and inappropriate are the politest way to put it. Many of us were sexually harassed and verbally abused by the management using scare tactics and if that did not work, they simply fired you without cause.

I wish it was a better place to work because I truly loved my co-workers but the management's toxicity was too overwhelming to continue working there or ever return.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Poor Management
Good summer job
Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 August 2018
A fun place to work, great staff. Enjoyed working there. Management has since changed for the better, so I am not sure anymore, but it is a good place to work to save for school
it was alright
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 August 2018
working at turtle jacks was okay. there is pressure to get your job done. for example if the cooks done have a proper plate for the food then they cant send the food out. so you have to get our job done is a timely manner. although one of the manager did firing someone for no reason; overall it was alright but it could so much better.
Pros
none really
Cons
late hours (2-3 am for dishwashers)
Terrible
Host/ Server (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 August 2018
I'm all for giving someone a chance but when It comes to the Guelph Turtle Jacks... Don't waste your time. Really bad management and treatment after giving notice to leave.
A very average restaurant employer
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 August 2018
an excellent social Environment, but as is often the case with restaurants maintaining a healthy work life balance and maintaining stable hours is nearly impossible.
Pros
good employee discounts, grate place to learn
Cons
hard to maintain work life balance
What Turtle Jacks is like
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 August 2018
It,s not too bad, you come in and stock your station(s) and clean your work station if it needs to be. take care of any tasks that needed to be done and help others with their work as well, including going to the dish pit and help clean it out. It's a very basic routine just like another restaurant.
Pros
you get to eat free food, meet new people and talk to them
Cons
you can never tell how the day will be like weather if it will be busy or not
Fun work experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON18 July 2018
Turtle Jacks had great managers that were friendly which made it a fun working experience. They had an open policy which made all coworkers closer and made us work better as a team. If there were any concerns we were allowed to speak them openly without arguments.
Seasonal Work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Port Carling, ON18 July 2018
Busy Kitchen work, long hours. Can be hot or smokey in the kitchen. Fun group to work with.
Employees can be unreliable showing up to work, which increases work load. Management is good, show up sober and on time and you will be fine with them.