Turnabout Luxury Resale

Turnabout Luxury Resale Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Working at Turnabout offers even the most knowledgable a unique opportunity to get a hands-on experience with a wide variety of brands.

There are two sides of the business that need to be protected, the buying and consigning of the resale items as well as the customer service and knowledge that goes along with selling those items.
Save your time and don’t apply at Turnabout!

Be careful with this place. They promise you what they won’t give and find it funny to make you feel apprehensive about your job.

It’s a toxic environment, starting from the owners, the head office and management, to the sales associate that gossips about everything and everyone.

Save your time and don’t consign with them either. They barely select the clothes and pay you way less than you actually should.

The company has a culture of manipulating and transforming you in what they want you to be. There are LOTS of firing people and even though they need staff, badly, they are not afraid to let people go. They created their own bubble of people and if you don’t fit, you are out, but nothing will be said straight to you face, they just make sure to let you know that you are no longer welcome there by playing little games like children. Even if you do the job well, but the management, for some reason, doesn’t like you, you will be fired with no valid explanation.

I’m still shocked I haven’t seen a lawsuit coming from any employees yet.

Again, save your time and don’t apply there, and if is possible, don’t shop nor consign there either.

Don’t waste your time or money with these people.
Pros
Absolutely no pros
Cons
Working there I noticed how high the turnover rate was. A lot of people apply and quit fast. Working there for 6 months I did not feel comfortable with the staff. They had their own cliques and it was hard to socialize with them. Hardest part of the job was you had to stand all day for 8 hrs until you take your break. There are no benefits working there, just a lot of body pain.
Pros
Nice clothes?
Cons
No benefits, standing long hours, favoritism
Fun place to work. Everyday is a new adventure with fabulous clothing. Lots to do your day goes by quickly. Customers are great, they are excited about the treasure hunt of great pieces. Find the co-workers friendly and the Management helpful and accommodating.
Pros
Great retail experience
Cons
sometimes can be hectic because it gets so busy
Working at Turnabout is very exciting, you meet different people everyday and see new merchandise everyday. The typical day at turnabout varies the amount of people that comes in and the amount of merchandise we put out. I like working there because it's multi cultural and I have very friendly co-workers. The management is very hands on and very friendly. What I've learn so far in this job is to be open minded and always try something new. I think the hardest part of the job is we cannot please everybody and the most enjoyable/exciting part is working with the people, meeting new people and mostly seeing new merchandise everyday.