Turbonomic Employee Reviews

Fun Company w/ a promising future
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA23 October 2018
I've really enjoyed my time at Turbonomic. The product speaks for itself and there's a massive opportunity on the table for this company. The hyper-growth continues after being founded almost a decade ago. My favorite part about the company is the people. Almost all of them are very good at what they do, and everyone is willing to take the time to help you. This will be a frustrating place to work if you're uncomfortable with an extremely fast pace or a lack of process, or if you're used to jumping into a new role and being able to contribute on day 1 (there is definitely a "ramp" period here)... but those things are true for almost every startup I know of. Overall, I'm happy that I'm here and I feel like we're headed in the right direction.
Pros
Great people, great product, great office location
Great place to work if you were in NY or Boston
Enterprise Sales Engineering, Strategic Accounts (Former Employee) –  Remote Enterprise16 October 2018
If you were remote you were easily forgotten. Management changes were frequent, Middle management was poor. Executive management was impressive. It was very difficult to get noticed if you were outside one of the key markets.
Pros
Boston and NY had great open work environments, Team building with free snacks and drinks
Cons
Paid expenses were not on time. always changing direction
Motivated Team and Excited Culture
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA12 June 2018
Everyone on the Turbonomic team is determined and motivated. While very competitive, everyone is there to see each other succeed and excel the company.
Pros
Table setting - non cubicle
solid
Business Development Rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA4 October 2017
it was fine, learned a lot, typical first job, not much to write home about.. I got lucky working for a nice boss.

Otherwise start up culture which is exciting.
Rocket Ship Company About to Lift Off
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA16 May 2017
Typical day at Turbonomic is anything but... every day is something new and exciting, which is why I love working here. I've learned an incredible amount from some of the industries best talent & management teams, while being coached by some of the brightest young professionals Boston has to offer.

Some people will complain about the company upon exiting, but its a fast growing tech company... there will be change and it's whether you embrace it or not that determines your outlook.

The culture is a fun one: music always playing, ping pong and billiards between meetings and Beer Fridays are always a good time to bond with co workers.

The hardest part of working here is that there is no "clear path to success or progression" - that's not saying it's a bad thing, because the philosophy of an early stage company is that you need to be the catalyst for your own success.

with 954% growth over 6 years, being named a Cloud100 company and attracting the biggest name in tech, there isn't any reason to pass on this opportunity. It's at least worth learning more about what we've got going on here
Pros
the people, the unlimited time off and the technology
Cons
being caught in the growth stage where reorgs stunted a lot of peoples career progression
Fast-paced IT startup with a bright future
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA3 April 2017
Fast growing IT startup with a great technology that will change the cloud management market. The offices in Boston, NY and Valhalla are in prime locations with open-space work environments.
I learned that companies growing from start-up to enterprise ready go through many and sudden strategic changes. Most enjoyable at Turbonomic is that it still has a startup-vibe with beer fridays, ping pong tables and snack closet.
Pros
Fast paced, lots of opportunity
Cons
sudden strategic changes that leave the workforce in limbo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turbonomic. Our community is ready to answer.