Tundra Oil and Gas Employee Reviews

High volume!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2018
The work is not the most complicated but the volume of labour is quite heavy. Also Tundra expects employees to give their most valuable possession (time) away for free by travelling to Virden and Winnipeg, Manitoba often.
Pros
Tundra employees are some of the best people you will ever meet or work with.
Cons
Tundra is very micro-managed and "top down" managed.
Poor communication
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Virden, MB18 May 2016
Poor communication amongst workers, grew to fast to manage properly. Great benefits, many problems with unhappy employees due to personal issues.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor communication
Last option place of work.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2017
Poor management and company culture. Would not recommend working at Tundra.
Calgary technical office is generally disliked by Winnipeg head office and Virden field office making for an unpleasant work environment.
Good atmosphere, great team,
Field IT Director (Former Employee) –  Virden, MB29 December 2015
My typical day was to determine my scope of work and plan my day to accomplish it. I would deal with other items as they come up as well. I would organize my week and report on what I accomplished and what is left and new items to plan and execute. I managed my own projects and reported on them weekly for transparency and ownership. I had a field service truck that I was responsible to keep in good working service and did a lot of my work hands on after the planning and administration stages. Some work was project related and other just day to day technical solutions and troubleshooting, Maintenance and repair was also preformed. My team worked very well together and were very productive. The hardest part of the job was managing my time and still providing the best quality of service and timely completion of projects and work order tickets. I enjoyed the folks I worked with and business did a good job of taking card of their employees.
Pros
Free soft drinks and coffee, good team members, fair pay, company vehicle with tools for work purposes
Cons
Too much time spent on after hours service phone calls and was forced to be tied to my phone 24/7.