Tundra Oil and Gas

Tundra Oil and Gas Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Work environment and management styles
Overall a good place to work. Management styles vary. Dialogue between departments could be improved. The work environment is pleasant. It can be stressful work depending on the time of the year.
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
Difficult to advance career
Growing Concerns
A new CEO has raised my concerns as well as others. We've also seen the CFO, VP Land, VP Operations, IT Director, Business Development Director and others depart the organizations within the past year.

Culture has gone from very collaborate to just show up and do your job. Don't express opinions and say yes to everything.

I would have wrote a glowing review 2 years ago.

And then oil prices add a major challenge to the industry as a whole.
productive fun place to work
very enjoyable to work here. lots of potential to grow with proper training if u desire it. safety is top notch they care about your family time also.
Great place to work!
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Tundra. The senior management team is knowledgeable, respectful and approachable. It is a great feeling working for a Company that genuinely cares about its employees, their work life balance, safety and professional fulfillment.

My manager has been forthcoming about potential advancements within the Company and has provided me with countless opportunities to develop my skills, try new tasks and take on new responsibilities.

The Company is also great at ensuring all its’ employees from different fields (operations, engineering, accounting, etc.) work together effectively and efficiently by having monthly meetings to discuss all areas of the business.

Whenever someone asks, I'm proud to say I work at Tundra, especially given that it's an oil company which invests a lot of resources into ensuring it conducts business in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Lots of opportunities for company provided role development and training.

Great people to work with, both field and office staff, who are open to new ideas and concepts.

A very safety, environmentally and socially conscious company that is always working to improve.

The workload can be heavy and time-sensitive. There are overtime hours and after hour callouts that occur. One thing I can say I am not is bored with what I am doing. There are always new challenges and problems to solve.

The people and problem-solving aspect of my job are my favorite parts.
Pros
Coworkers, training opportunities, problem solving opportunities
Cons
Call outs and time sensitive issues
Fast paced and interesting work
Too busy to be bored! Interesting work in a fast paced work environment.

Junior technical staff are given many opportunities to work on big projects and to learn from team members in the office and in the field. It is a good way to build an understanding of the business and how Tundra operates in Manitoba. Being open to trying new jobs internally- even in unexpected directions- has allowed me change departments and build new skills. Many internal leadership opportunities for those looking for additional challenges. Senior Management is accessible and actively involved in day to day operations and decisions.

Vehicle, appropriate tools and training, for the specific job and for career improvement, is provided at no cost to the employee. Company is willing to pay for all required Safety tickets (H2S Alive, WHIMIS, TDG, Ground Disturbance).

I like working for a company that cares about the community and its people. Worker safety is a company priority.
Pros
Great people, Solid employee benefit plan, Many internal opportunities for advancement
Cons
High workload, salary scale is on the low end
High volume!
The work is not the most complicated but the volume of labour is quite heavy. Also Tundra expects employees to give their most valuable possession (time) away for free by travelling to Virden and Winnipeg, Manitoba often.
Pros
Tundra employees are some of the best people you will ever meet or work with.
Cons
Tundra is very micro-managed and "top down" managed.
Last option place of work.
Poor management and company culture. Would not recommend working at Tundra.
Calgary technical office is generally disliked by Winnipeg head office and Virden field office making for an unpleasant work environment.
Poor communication
Poor communication amongst workers, grew to fast to manage properly. Great benefits, many problems with unhappy employees due to personal issues.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor communication
Good atmosphere, great team,
My typical day was to determine my scope of work and plan my day to accomplish it. I would deal with other items as they come up as well. I would organize my week and report on what I accomplished and what is left and new items to plan and execute. I managed my own projects and reported on them weekly for transparency and ownership. I had a field service truck that I was responsible to keep in good working service and did a lot of my work hands on after the planning and administration stages. Some work was project related and other just day to day technical solutions and troubleshooting, Maintenance and repair was also preformed. My team worked very well together and were very productive. The hardest part of the job was managing my time and still providing the best quality of service and timely completion of projects and work order tickets. I enjoyed the folks I worked with and business did a good job of taking card of their employees.
Pros
Free soft drinks and coffee, good team members, fair pay, company vehicle with tools for work purposes
Cons
Too much time spent on after hours service phone calls and was forced to be tied to my phone 24/7.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tundra Oil and Gas. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9