Tufford Nursing Home Employee Reviews

3.5Pay & Benefits
2.8Job Security & Advancement
Dedicated employees
nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 March 2019
Management should get a negative score...lots of internal politics and turnover leads to ignorance of workers needs and rights. Pay is decent but freezes for non unionized. Employees are the heart of the place but face burnout if management doesnt shape up. Worked there 11 years and left for a lower paying job and yet I'm much better off than I was.
Pros
Dedicated long term staff
Cons
Management politics
good work place and I learned a lot form peers
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 August 2014
co-workers are nice to me and the customers made me feel love my job more and satisfied.
Productive and rewarding place
Housekeeping/Laundry (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 September 2013
A typical day at work in housekeeping involves:
- Cleaning each residence washroom; toilet, sink, floor, mirror and stocking supplies.
- Dry mopping and wet mopping the dining room.
- Cleaning each residences room; dusting, the floors.

A typical day at work in laundry involves:
- Doing multiple loads of laundry in the industrial washers and dryers.
- The type of laundry I do is; personal laundry, bedding, wash clothes, towels, bibs, table clothes and the kitchens laundry.
- Washing both the nursing home's residence personal laundry and the retirement home's residence personal laundry, as well as organizing and putting it away.

I've learned how to deal with people at work on a more personal level due to the fact that Tufford Nursing Home is a health care environment. Therefore, it involves dealing with both residence and family members and their requests for cleanliness. I've also learned how to deal with on the spot requests from family members and residence.

I work a casual position and work involves independence so I have not had the opportunity to get to know a lot about my co-workers on a personal level.

The hardest part of my job is managing time because there is always cleaning to do in a health care sector; there's always illness and disease. I enjoy the busyness though because I like to go to work to work hard.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the residence. I'm working towards becoming a nurse, so it is already in my nature to care for people in need. I enjoy talking with the residence and knowing that the work that I'm doing is making
  more... a difference. I'm helping to maintain a clean environment for the employees, residence and family members. This helps to show the family members that their family in the nursing home are being taken of in a clean environment, which is a big factor.  less
Pros
Rewarding, Making a direct impact on someone's life
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tufford Nursing Home. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8