Tucker's Marketplace

Tucker's Marketplace Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
fun place to work and network
good for interacting and building customer service skills, enjoyable

some customers were hard to deal with. very fast paced environment

overall good place to work
Fast paced environment
A typical day at work is usually very busy. The employees work as a team and create bonds with the customers also. The hardest part of the job is ensuring that everything is getting completed efficiently and well. It requires a lot of multi-tasking.
Disorganized and unprofessional management.
Management team lies and cares little for its employees. It also takes advantage of employees, and has poor communication skills. The actual work itself isn’t bad, it’s the power system that faults this restaurant.
Pros
Closes early, good business.
Cons
Management is poor, affecting overall quality of life at work.
Get management no future. Workplace harassment is part of the job
It was always a decent place to work. Staff is great and usually alot of fun. It was very fast paced with lots to do. I absolutely loved the managers, very willing to help out and try to be fair with scheduling. MAJOR FLAW from working there was workplace harassment is standard there and goes unpunished. One jamacain women bullies litterly everyone unless they do her work for her and management does nothing because shes been there her whole life... would not recommend
Good people, fun but busy work, unprofessional management
The environment is very fun, but sometimes overwhelmingly fast for me, as I am autistic and require small breaks for a physical condition I have. The coworkers are all friendly and really treat each other like family. I felt constantly looked out for, and they were wonderful about my accommodations and about explaining things to me.
The work was fun as well, and even though there were some difficult aspects, the work was one of the best parts. The hardest part of the work itself was customer service, but what sits badly with me is the management.

I was working there through the co op program at my high school. For a usual case, you're allowed three days off, but I knew due to medical appointments I'd need more than that. I was open with everyone involved and we agreed to have me work longer shifts to make up for it. Unexpectedly, I had to take a week off for medical reasons. Not a single person expressed a problem with this until I was almost due to return, when I got the call from my teacher telling me I was fired. The reason? This medical leave, and that I wasn't working at every station, only the bakery. Neither of these things had been problems until that phone call, and I had gone to multiple people in charge to make sure they wouldn't be problems. It was never communicated to me in any way that I wasn't performing to their standard; in fact, I was complimented on multiple occasions on my hard work, my attendance, and my perseverance. Even though my attendance wasn't great, it was well understood that the days off were for medical appointments that I couldn't miss or
 - more...
great people
the people are amazing, managers are great, scheduling is flexible as theres always servers looking to pick up shifts, you basically always have your shift covered!
Fun place, great tips and work perks.
This was my first serving job and I think it was perfect for me! The managers made sure I had the proper training on bar as well as serving prior to my first shift alone. Very fast paced restaurant at times can feel overwhelming, but coworkers are always willing to lend a helping hand. Perks of the job include access to the buffet food as much as you want throughout your shift.
Pros
Access to buffet
busy workplace but we treat each other like family
Tucker's market place is a great place to work while your in school. we all treating each other like a family. most of the workers are students. i love working there. even though its super busy, its fun.
It was okay, nothing about it was particularly fun, some people were nice and some were very rude. Overall not a bad place, just okay! Mangers were very nice and understanding!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Not many
fun environment, fast pace, short hours
scheduling sucks because of on calls. also shift get cut if its not busy that day. management is cool. co-workers are cool. there is favoritism. management sucks at managing though.
its whatever
nothing bad or good to say. hostess position is okay, its tipout so u dont get that many tips and u also dont get tips for the first 3 months which sucks.
Easy going
Work hard but great benefits. Meal plan is good. Great working environment but changing schedules can wear you out. Ever changing menu is good to break up routine.
Worked as Server
A typical day at work started with a team meeting before every shift (including the kitchen staff). Management always has your back (even if you do something wrong). There is always one - two managers running the floor depending how busy that day is and though some are more intimidating than others, they all care about the greater goal which is to have happy customers and if you ask for help they always step in (clearing dishes, grabbing drinks, clearing tables) its the little things that make your shift go smoothly. It feels like a big family (Key word BIG) as there are A LOT of servers and other staff but its a very mature environment that still has room for fun. You can walk next door after your shift and grab a drink with all your co-workers. I made good tips and left with a positive experience at Tuckers Market Place in Burlington, ON. Would and have recommended it for those looking for a job in the customer service. My only note is sometimes you wanted to rip your hair out if you had a party on one side of the restaurant and had to run back and fourth to the only bar and dish pit on the other side of the building (through the chaos of the kitchen). BUT overall a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Positive/Team Oriented Environment, Excellent Management
Cons
Have to pick-up shifts to get many hours (if desired)
Satisfactory Workplace Experience
I did enjoy working there, although the pace required from your and multitasking can provide a hectic work environment. The only issue i encountered was not being able to get home because the bus would stop running before i was done work (depending on how much prep there was for the next day, i would sometimes have to stay past midnight or 1 am). Also the amount of employees working in one section was not sufficient, we were often being called to come in when we weren't scheduled because there wasn't anyone else trained to work in our bake shop area. The coworkers and managers provided a fun and productive workplace and as long as you can keep up with the pace required, i would recommend working here.
Pros
Great coworkers and managers
Cons
Possible late hours with no way home
Fun Environment
Wokring in the kitchen of a restaurant is nasty. Co-workers are great people. Hire alot of students and pay student wages. You can work yourself up to other jobs. Understanding when booking timeoff.
very fast paced environment...that's all there is to it
To work at this company will require you to be fast paced, an exellent multitasker, very even tempered, and also require you especially to be a fast learner in whatever role that is given to you.
Pros
flexible working hours
Flexible work enviornment
Working at tuckers is a nice environment. the staff is friendly and accepting and the management is pretty rocking to be honest. its a good place to work and its very inviting. easy to balance work and life
Pros
free lunches, staff, hours, flexibility
Cons
dim lighting
Welcoming staff to wok with
my coworkers were always fun to wok with as Tucker's hires people who work well together. Working with people just like you definitely makes working more fun
good company to work for
solid hours and good pay
you are treated fairly and the management is very friendly
Pros
free meals
Cons
not enough hours
A New challenge everyday, everyday
Work began by walking in and seeing the same faces, with what seemed to be a few new faces every couple of weeks.

This job had me learn that fast, and quality service is a necessity in a busy location such as Tucker's Marketplace. Management helped to make the job easier by clearly outlining their expectations and helping out where need be. The co-workers also made the job easier by contributing to our work's goal of a 'team work' mentality.

The hardest part of the job was realizing that no matter how hard you try, you are never going to please everyone 100% to their standards. However, trying to do this with an enthusiastic and caring service style did make the job very fun and interesting, while helping me learn new things everyday at my workplace.
Fun and flexible environment.
Great job for students. Fun people to work with. Extremely fast-paced environment. Must be able to multi-task and manage time effectively.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tucker's Marketplace. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8