Tube City IMS Employee Reviews

NIce place
Billing and Invoicing Professional (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA30 March 2018
It was a great place to work, however it was during the recession and I was let go of a temporary job after 1.5 years with no insight into the termination of the job being anytime soon.
Pros
Very Friendly
Cons
No insight
Coil operation
Operator (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OH9 February 2018
I drove a coil tractor inside of a still mill work was fast paced very vigeraous training OSHA overhead Crane but overall I enjoyed the fifteen month I worked with them.
Pros
Pay
Disorganized environment
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Calvert, AL31 January 2018
Upper management is confused and doesn’t care about their employees. If upper management would let its lower supervisors do their job, the work flow would go a lot easier. This is a job but you will have to watch your back. People spend more time in the office tattling then trying to work as a team to fix issues.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Management issues
Productive and peaceful work place
Tube City IMS Ship Gear Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Port of Spain11 January 2018
We were family at Tube city ims good communication ,workmanship ,unity it was heart broken to lose our jobs an hour our separate ways dew to the company financial issues.
A job
Refractory Bricklayer (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire30 November 2017
Typically paid when should, my experiences should not base an opinion for anyone else.
learnt a lot from my time in various positions.
pays the bills.
Pros
some great people who work within the company
Cons
terrible HR department
Tube City
Heavy Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SC8 August 2017
Was a great place to work at.Operated power lift trucks, floor sweepers pallet jack and forklift. Safely with 0% incident rate use propane forklift to load trailer at warehouse. Assembled product containers and crates loaded flat bed by forklift and hand truck.
Cant believe they are still in operation
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Calvert, AL7 May 2017
By far worst job experience I've had. Very poor management. Poor quality equipment. Very under paid. Extremely dangerous with minimal safety regulations. Instead of management having your back when something went wrong they would turn on you and throw you under the bus to the mill. Seen over 30 people come and go within the 10 months I was there. Not once was I "evaluated" on my "performance" by anyone. Tube City IMS is a joke.
Pros
Cheap/good insurance
Cons
Everything besides insurance
Disconnect between middle and upper management
Operating Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gary, IN3 May 2017
Disorganized and discipline isn't consistant on any level. More about pointing fingers then solving problems. There isn't a work life balance at all unless your one of the very few that get the privilege to work mon-fri otherwise you will be working Saturdays Sundays 12 hours or more everyday. They also pay salary so all those hours for nothing.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
good starter job
Lancer (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, AL24 April 2017
just work. no real pros or cons. good schedules available and ability to have time off for family. benefits were expensive but at least available. crew workers very supportive
Divertido
Maquinista de locomotora (Former Employee) –  Ternium27 March 2017
Agusto porque aprendi a manejar locomotora y otro tipo de maquinaria pesada entre ellos el pailoder (pala mecanica ) y el eutli
Pros
Muy buen sueldo
Cons
La seguridad caso o miso en la peticiones para mejorar las condiciones de seguridad
dirty nasty enviroment company doesnt care about anything but productivity
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OH22 February 2017
the nastiest environment ive ever been in between the metal dust in the air constantly and the junk equipment leaking everywhere the epa should fine them until they are forced to close and you have no home life until you get about 10 years of seniority in and not get froze for another shift when someone calls off or getting forced to work the weekend every weekend
Pros
the pay
Cons
management doesnt care about employees or following union contract no home life
Horrible place to work for!
Weighmaster (Former Employee) –  Ohio2 February 2017
Managers are awful! Hours your required to work are insane. Manager made lie to steel mill almost on a daily basis. Worst place I've ever worked for. I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Very hot Dangerous eviroment
Pit Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TN28 November 2016
Mill service company for Gerdau steel mills. Very hot and dangerous workplace. Operating out dated an under serviced machines. Very high risk job.
Reliable job, steady pay-check, decent benefits, laid back employees
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Jewett, TX25 October 2016
Overall, it wasn't a bad company to work for. There was some drama in the management at times, but nonetheless, it was tolerable. The pay was pretty decent, and the benefits weren't bad either. You always had help when you needed it, and there were always an opportunity to work overtime. Very strict on safety and company policies.
Pros
Supplied PPE, water, washed uniforms, decent pay, decent benefits, laid back employees
Cons
Sometimes excessive on the rules, my particular position dealt with rainouts, not the nicest of equipment
Management is a joke
worker (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OH9 September 2016
Management here wants you to do the work of two men in half the time it should take 4 men. Under staffed so you will be FORCED to work doubles very often. Management also plays one union against the other in order to keep all unions weak.
you must always be ready for anything
Slab Dispatcher/Foreman (Current Employee) –  Gary, IN7 September 2016
As my summary states, my job is not your regular place of employment. every day there are new problems to confront, whether they be machinery braking down, or employees having personal issues.
I have worked for my company a total of 16 years. In those years I have learned to manage people in ways to optimize their performance during a shift, and have learned to multitask.
The hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with four different departments at one time. Making sure all are satisfied at the end of the day. What I like about my job is that it's fast paced. I always have to be "on my toes" so to speak.
An OK place to work.
Welder/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Alabama19 August 2016
This is an OK place to work if you don't mind the foreman having too much power. However, the work environment was friendly and everyone was on the same page all the time. Despite the heat and humidity everyone was usually in a good mood. There was no shortage of work and the bosses let me work almost what ever days I wanted and how ever much over time I wanted. Overall, a good place to work in my opinion.
Pros
good sized brakes
Cons
A lot of people with too much power.
Terrible
Burner (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PA23 April 2016
I worked for this company for 3 years. Constantly laid off Management was run by sub human scum. You work with materials that cause cancer. You're forced into a union that is a joke. Save your health and time and bypass this company.
Horrible place to work
Lube Tech (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, AL23 March 2016
This is a horrible place to work. The management always talk do to the employees. The management only promoted the employees they liked or sucked up to them the most. If you like working swing shift then you might like it. The pay was okay but you get raises that amount to anything when the management thinks you've sucked enough.
un dia en el trabajo
operador de montacargas (Former Employee) –  San Nicolás de los Garza, N. L.26 February 2016
checar linea productiva
ir al almacen levantar inventario
pedir material al gruista para llevar a la linea
buenambiente de trabajo
Pros
pago puntual
Cons
pocas prestaciones