TTEC Pay & Benefits reviews

Slavery type job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON23 August 2018
Unpleasant experience. The work load was ridiculous. They increased the workload monthly and constantly trained us to do additional work with no pay increase or incentives. I felt overworked. They were constantly changing management.
Pros
The use of 2 computers to improve work facility
Cons
Increasing work load no pay increase
A fun environment to work in
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE13 June 2018
TTEC, is a place for all. It is a place where everybody is treated equally, it is a place where diversity is top notch. I will highly recommend ttech to anybody that is seeking employment. Moreover the pay is juicy.
Pros
Bouns, points, salary increament...etc.
Cons
No agent retention/ poor HR but great co-workers
Handling incoming customer service calls for Fido (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB12 March 2018
Very hard to progress at this job. Also an extremely stressful environment as you still have to treat incoming calls from abusive customers until they request a supervisor. Employee turn-over rate is very high. Health and dental insurance is moderate. Pay is regularly messed up however if you report it diligently, it will be fixed but you will need to record your hours yourself. Shifts change with sometimes only a couple days notice but can be starting anywhere between 9am to 5pm. Split shifts and part time available however so there is a little bit of flexibility. The hardest part of the job is treating abusive customers and the most enjoyable is the coworkers.
Pros
health coverage, discounts on products, coworkers, flexible shifts, 2 months of paid training
Cons
crazy shifts, minimum wage, abusive customers, pay stub errors, rapid changes, high turn over
low pay lots of hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 March 2018
took away incentives and it went down hill from there, also took away overtime, hired too many people and they has to cut hours back from people that have been there for a while , not a good place to work
minimum wage late hours tough management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 December 2017
minimum wage late hours you have to be tough to work there management is hit or miss some are great others are not. Nordia seems better but I had moved on through college by then.
HAHA the place is a joke
customer service (Former Employee) –  montreal29 November 2017
I enjoyed my time there because we had lots of fun laughing at managers and team leaders.. the training, we played all the time, if you have no where to work, have a language barrier, have been fired from other places.. ATELKA will hire you. But the downside is that its not organized, there was no set schedule, you had to work on weekends, and there was no room for advancement unless the Team Leaders quit , or the manager quits, which eventually happened lol. Especially at Rogers MSD.
Anyways, everybody goes through this call center, if you're reading this review and still stuck at ATELKA, dont worry about it, you WILL find your way one day. Just get the experience, its your door to the future. We all became successful after this place and no one stayed there forever
Pros
technical problems which were paid lol
Cons
your salary is low
An average job but difficult for those without the right mindset
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 November 2017
Due to Atelka in Sarnia being bought by another company at the time i started, the rules and regulations are always in flux. The job isnt difficult but it can be very frustrating and stress inducing. You are on the phones for 8 hours a day usually dealing with very angry customers that you want to help but are unable to in many situations. Some of the expectations of the employer is unrealistic and many of the perks are not explained or easy to understand. Because of this many agents do not last very long and those that do stay ultimately do not enjoy their jobs. System issues are a constant threat, Changes in plans and deals cause confusion, and sometimes you are stonewalled when trying to find solutions to problems.

However, the pay is good, you get commission on sales as well, and the job does have benefits and even employee discounts. you get 2 weeks paid vacation per year (Though you have to have worked and entire year to recieve pay for them) And if you want full time it is always available

You cannot get part time unless you are a student, and the hours are not flexible at all. you get what they put you on, whether it works for you or not. Trading shifts is a nightmare and the scheduling system is terrible.

Over all, if you can deal with the negatives, the perks are worth it.
This place is good for new comers and or international students
Rogers Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 September 2017
The work time is not fixed and the salary is minimum.
This place is good for new comers or students who finished their study and are waiting for their PR. Good place to have some experience in Canada job market.
Enjoyed meeting my coworkers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atelka- Sarnia Ontario12 September 2017
Enjoyed the time I spent getting to know the people I worked with, but management was not organized, not supportive of new staff(2nd day on phone), we had no floor support besides our team leader. Very disorganized as our team lead's shift ended earlier than ours. No one was accountable for the lack of professionalism, nor took any responsibility for the "miscommunication". The training is outdated on the programs currently in use. Some training staff are more supportive then others. If you have an issue, be prepared to be spoken to like a customer. I quit when I realized it didnt matter what I said, nothing would change and no one would take responsibility for their actions or lack thereof. Some of the customers are great, but most are calling in because of billing or service issues and are understandably upset. If you are thick skinned and able to diffuse escalated situations quickly, work well with computers and able to shrug off work stress then I wish you luck and hope you have a better experience then me.😊
Pros
Above minimum wage plus commission on sales, cafeteria on site, great coworkers, benefits after 3 months
Cons
Poor communication with management, no support from upper management, lack of professionalism
Bad expperience
Senior Human Resources Advisor - Atlantic Canada (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE12 September 2017
Not a good experience at all. No respect for employees, management was deplorable, salary on the very lowest echelon, th
ere was no recogntion for any thing!

Policies were not respected. Teamwork was not an important element within this chaotic environment. This was the messiest run company I have ever worked for.

Training for the employees was inefficient which led to a massive high turnover rate. For this company only the dollars mattered.
Pros
Good people with good work ethics
Cons
Unorganized, bad management5
productive and fun work place with table tennis
Représentante des ventes au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 September 2017
the spirit amongst the workers was good and we were always there to support one another. The big challenge was no humanity . it was all about money and just money. No consideration for parental schedules or students. Really hope the situation has changed.
Pros
yes free lauch
Cons
cheating on employees hours of work
super bad
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montreal23 August 2017
I do not recommend this company. maybe just a step but do not stay here longer. If you can find some other call center that pays more, go for it rather this company who gives a S*** on paying their employees pennies
Pros
good people and co workers especially the TL's taking care of you
Cons
super low compensation and no advancements. benefits getting lower each year
Difficult position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON2 August 2017
The Management at Atelka is very nice and accommodating, the job itself is difficult as we have no authority to actually help the customer, we take their complaints and send it off to Canada Post who then helps them so we get yelled at a lot. I would not recommend this job to anyone as the pay is low, the raises are low and the job itself comes home with you.
Pros
Mostly Monday to Friday
Cons
No authority to actually help the customer
Typical workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB12 July 2017
*very low salary
*minimum pay with same work load with other call center
*less reward and recognition to agents
*typical work environment
*need system or computer upgrade
Great benefits, terrible hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE27 June 2017
This job has great benefits ( medical, dental and optical) however the hours were horrible. Working from 4 PM until 1 AM are not good hours because not only does it throw your sleep schedule out of alignment you send your days sleeping so you can't get anything else done.
Helps to develop communicative skills
Représentante service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 June 2017
Nice people, always helpful, but too much work and too long schedules. The working hours do not allow people to spend time with their families. Good facilities.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Long schedules
Starts out great then not so much
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 June 2017
There are some real shining stars here - the reception and hiring people are very professional and made me feel like I was really part of something great. the training is long and boring but maybe not their fault.
I think they really try. the wage is bad but its entry level and I have no qualifications and still landed a full time job and benefits if I had lasted 3 months. I couldn't afford to keep driving there but I would have stayed if it was closer.
Pros
really great reception and interview lady benefits full time
Cons
boring training too far to drive
Horrible and doesn't pay you your wages
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 June 2017
I've had to file 3 claims to the labour board about sarnia Atelka. They don't give you your vacation pay, they sometimes don't pay you for your day(s) worked and they charge you $$$ for benefits even after you quit. Don't work there!!!
Pros
Finishing your 9+ hour shift
Cons
Unpaid wages, bad management
Csr
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 May 2017
the job was a bit fun, but the salary wasn't as much as the effort i gave to it. The management was really the worse management have worked with. Not trying to be rude but just the fact
friendly reception
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 May 2017
the lady who interviews you really cares about you.the trainers try but the classes are so borring.hard to wait for such a small paycheque. its nice to have beneifts
Pros
benefits and full time
Cons
pay is low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TTEC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K