TSC

TSC Management reviews

I say if you can work here, you can work anywhere in-terms of retail. TSC is a great place to learn how to wok fast since weekends are incredibly busy no matter what, the customers that store brings in will teach you how to deal with the most demanding/mouthy people with a big smile on your face no matter what and you learn real quick how to work as a team because communication is 100% key there. Management is 50/50 could be better but understandable considering all the tasks managers have. Not hard to get in when they're looking to hire and they're pretty flexible.
Pros
tolerable
Cons
long hours with no break sometimes because they forget to give you one
The management at TSC in Peterborough is incredible!! I absolutely loved working there. I’d go into work with a smile on my face everyday and if I was having a bad day my manager always helped me out. Other employees are also incredible! Everyone gets along and you feel like a family while working there.
Pros
Work environment, employees, management
Having worked here for a summer, the job paid only slightly higher then min wage, days were long as you were expected to lift very heavy bags of grain and feed almost the whole shift. The wages don’t commensurate the work at all. Management was not helpful, and I would not recommend working here for anyone.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Everything you can think of especially poor management
I did not enjoy working here at all. Coworkers were a mix of good and bad. Management was garbage. Treated younger employees unfairly, Overall not a good work experience.
TSC was very accommodating to my unique schedule by providing me with as little or as many hours as I required. Staff and management were a pleasure to work for and with.
Working at tsc is good job for someone first employment. The co-worker and management would help you, if having any troubles starting off. The company has a website to get you up to safety and knowledge of old/new products
Was a good place to work but the prices were always off and it’s was very unorganized, the people and myself got confused with the price and it caused very disrespectful customers
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Very unorganized
The hours are reasonable, management was flexible if you had another job and the coworkers were friendly. Not much room for advancement or opportunity to be cross trained on different areas. Being trained on everything would have made work that much more interesting
Clerk duties (opening, closing, stocking inventory, helping customers) I learned how to efficiently work with a team. management is acceptable. Very busy. clerks constantly running around. Doing clerk duties and any heavy lifting that is needed for the shift.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
physically demanding
A typical day begins with being assigned tasks from management, and completing those tasks while providing customer service. The hardest part about this job in particular would be accomplishing all assigned tasks by the end of the shift, while balancing customer's needs. I've learned how to better a great team player during my years employed here, as we've had many people come and go. I have quickly gotten to know each individual, and gotten on good terms with them, so we can build strong connections and trust between staff. Management is a bit questionable, as we've gone through several store managers, with each having their own way of running the operation. However most of our management is too young for the job, and therefore does not respond to certain situations in the best possible manner. They do try most of the time though to make sure our needs our met and we are working safely, while doing our jobs properly.
Cons
Few available hours, poor management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TSC?
The co-workers are a blast to be around while the ability to still get all jobs done. Managers are great and understanding in difficult situations and easy to approach if you have a problem or situation you need help with, whether its work related or not. Hardest part of this job as a cashier, is learning where the product goes and where to find it. After a couple months, it got easier. When I got switched to being a part clerk when needed, the store was easier to navigate and locate product for customers. A typical day at work for a cashier involves cleaning clothing, cashes, customer service desk and areas within the center of the store. This also includes processing transactions and helping customers either by yourself or getting someone who can find what they are looking for. A typical day for a clerk involves going through totes of stock and putting out overstock from before, unloading product from the truck and restocking shelves. Both these jobs could include helping put out flyer (new sale) when needed usually on Thursday nights. Overall, the job at TSC has been a great experience so far and would recommend anyone to apply and join the team!
Pros
Good Hours, Great Staff and Management
Management is extremely poor. Schedule is received 1 day prior to possible work day. Management does not respect employees. Many employees receive 1-2 shifts a week, if that lucky. Management constantly leaves the store to smoke, or eat when the store is busy or in need of a assistance. Working consists of cleaning over helping customers. Organization of the store is poor. Working at TSC was not beneficial, there is no given training or proper learning of the store.
Cons
little to no hours
I work two days a week, starting at 6am and work until 11am or later if required, I start the day by making sure the front of the store is clean and welcoming for the customers. My co-workers are pleasant to work with. Management gives good directions and treats the workers well. The hardest part of the job is not having the schedule posted enough in advanced and not having enough staff working to assist customers. I enjoy doing the cleaning, putting products together and meeting people.
Pros
good hours, great team
Cons
Schedule not posted on time, not enough staff working to deal with the customers
Usually a typical day is full of stress. Normally there is only one closing cashier that is responsible for processing all transactions, returns, and rain-checks while attempting to clean the massive clothing and clearance sections properly. It can be just as challenging with two cashiers. Management has gone through some amazing improvements since I started there. There is no longer any risk of bullying from managers, as those troublesome people have been dealt with accordingly/removed. It was very easy to make friends there. I get along with all my co-workers during and outside of work. My co-workers make my job easier as we always look out for each other. If you are quick with computers, you will be a *star*. The hardest part of the job is time management. If you do not have that skill, it will be a struggle. This also includes the weekly scheduling. This makes it very difficult especially during school. Another struggle, is being able to take time off whether for school, family or volunteer work. It is always met with resistance and always seems "impossible" to work around your educational or emotional needs.
Pros
Great co-workers and friends
Cons
Weekly scheduling, location, nasty clientel
Lots of customer service work, always helping customers, putting away stock, re organizing the store, and keeping it clean. In charge of making sure all the money from tills balance at the end of the day when closing the store, setting alarms. etc.. The Management team are all easy to get along with and helpful to your needs. Hours will fluctuate, days and nights. Hardest part of working here is dealing with the un-organized set up of the store.
Pros
you make money
Cons
stuck working shifts, un-organized