TSC Employee Reviews

Productive and a fun environment with welcoming people
General Labourer and Assistant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2019
A day at work would consist of merchandising, arrangement, and transportation of flowers and trees. I would have to dismantle and sort the components of the nursery crates for transportation. I learned to be a dedicated and diligent worker who exceeds expectations with competence.
Pros
Welcoming environment
Good First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON24 January 2019
I started working at TSC when I was in high school. It was a great place to work part time and I got a lot of hours. My only complaint was I found that there was a high turnover rate which lead me to work more hours than anticipated.
good
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON6 December 2018
the employees are great to work with, I would work there again. it was fun, it was only part time I had fun doing my job, and helping people when they needed it.
An enjoyable place of employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON11 October 2018
TSC was my first job and I did enjoy it. The co-workers were nice, I enjoyed when I had more freedom to focus on getting stuff done as the clerks would do, rather than standing at the front with not as much to do.
Pros
Music always played and majority of people were nice!
Cons
Sometimes managers were discouraging and intimidating rather than approachable.
Productive workplace with an unfortunate budget
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ON23 February 2018
A typical day begins with being assigned tasks from management, and completing those tasks while providing customer service. The hardest part about this job in particular would be accomplishing all assigned tasks by the end of the shift, while balancing customer's needs.

I've learned how to better a great team player during my years employed here, as we've had many people come and go. I have quickly gotten to know each individual, and gotten on good terms with them, so we can build strong connections and trust between staff.

Management is a bit questionable, as we've gone through several store managers, with each having their own way of running the operation. However most of our management is too young for the job, and therefore does not respond to certain situations in the best possible manner. They do try most of the time though to make sure our needs our met and we are working safely, while doing our jobs properly.
Cons
Few available hours, poor management
easy going and positive enviorment to work in
Fulltime Reciever (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 August 2017
a typical day at work at TSC starts with receiving skids of product.
opening each box to ensure the proper amount was sent. Receiving that amount in the RF gun and on paper work. Organizing all product to later fill shelves with products. You preform this task each day.
Pros
great people and easy work enviorment
Cons
repetitive work
It was easy work
Part time as a clerk & cashier (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON9 February 2017
The manager's were nice and easy to get along with
The work wasn't very hard to do
Other co-workers were always happy to help out
Enjoyable expereince
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Jacobs, ON8 February 2017
The experience was good for me through my high school years. I was able to work in a office atmosphere and also a an animal atmosphere. I loved both.
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
Low income
Loved the staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 January 2017
I loved the staff and the working enviroment. But I didnt like the fact i was trained for a day and thrown on a cash. I felt nervous and aprecentious. I didnt like how the customers yelled at me baecause i couldnt price match or if an item wasnt avalible. I could have used more help.
Pros
easy going staff and fun joking enviroment
Cons
needed more training and the customers were not always understanding
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ON13 August 2016
The co-workers are a blast to be around while the ability to still get all jobs done. Managers are great and understanding in difficult situations and easy to approach if you have a problem or situation you need help with, whether its work related or not. Hardest part of this job as a cashier, is learning where the product goes and where to find it. After a couple months, it got easier. When I got switched to being a part clerk when needed, the store was easier to navigate and locate product for customers.

A typical day at work for a cashier involves cleaning clothing, cashes, customer service desk and areas within the center of the store. This also includes processing transactions and helping customers either by yourself or getting someone who can find what they are looking for. A typical day for a clerk involves going through totes of stock and putting out overstock from before, unloading product from the truck and restocking shelves. Both these jobs could include helping put out flyer (new sale) when needed usually on Thursday nights.

Overall, the job at TSC has been a great experience so far and would recommend anyone to apply and join the team!
Pros
Good Hours, Great Staff and Management
Huge family
Clerk/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON30 May 2016
Great place to work, fun but at the same time the managment and staff know where to have fun but still be productive in their work and get the jobs needed done.
Productive and fun to work at
Part-time employee (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON17 May 2016
TSC is a great place to work at with an amazing staff. I love working with this company. The hardest part of the job would have to be moving inventory from the back to the front.
Great store
Cahier Clerk Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON19 March 2016
Nice people and they make a great team amazing group of people and nice work place great cow-workers employers and supervisers
Pros
great job
Cons
nothing
Retail job and retail hours
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario16 February 2016
Its retail
Good days and bad days
Good customers and bad customers
Some times you have a customer come in and ask lots of questions, then don't buy anything

If you treat your customers right they come back
Horrible
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON7 November 2015
Management is extremely poor. Schedule is received 1 day prior to possible work day. Management does not respect employees. Many employees receive 1-2 shifts a week, if that lucky. Management constantly leaves the store to smoke, or eat when the store is busy or in need of a assistance. Working consists of cleaning over helping customers. Organization of the store is poor. Working at TSC was not beneficial, there is no given training or proper learning of the store.
Cons
little to no hours
Friendly staff
Store Maintenance (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 August 2015
I work two days a week, starting at 6am and work until 11am or later if required, I start the day by making sure the front of the store is clean and welcoming for the customers. My co-workers are pleasant to work with. Management gives good directions and treats the workers well. The hardest part of the job is not having the schedule posted enough in advanced and not having enough staff working to assist customers. I enjoy doing the cleaning, putting products together and meeting people.
Pros
good hours, great team
Cons
Schedule not posted on time, not enough staff working to deal with the customers
productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Listowel, ON22 June 2015
-cashier
-how to work in the consumer industry
-great co-workers, fun to be around
-nice customers, fun to have conversation with
great
general merchendiser (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON29 April 2015
great employees
flexible hours
stocked shelves
full time
helped customers
built displays for items we were selling
hour lunch with two 15 minute breaks
helped with inventory
learned alot
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON1 April 2015
working at TSC was a good experience, and the people were great, but it could be unorganized. I learned a lot to do with sales and customer service.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
unorganized
It's a Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Jacobs, ON24 March 2015
Usually a typical day is full of stress. Normally there is only one closing cashier that is responsible for processing all transactions, returns, and rain-checks while attempting to clean the massive clothing and clearance sections properly. It can be just as challenging with two cashiers.

Management has gone through some amazing improvements since I started there. There is no longer any risk of bullying from managers, as those troublesome people have been dealt with accordingly/removed.

It was very easy to make friends there. I get along with all my co-workers during and outside of work. My co-workers make my job easier as we always look out for each other. If you are quick with computers, you will be a *star*.

The hardest part of the job is time management. If you do not have that skill, it will be a struggle. This also includes the weekly scheduling. This makes it very difficult especially during school. Another struggle, is being able to take time off whether for school, family or volunteer work. It is always met with resistance and always seems "impossible" to work around your educational or emotional needs.
Pros
Great co-workers and friends
Cons
Weekly scheduling, location, nasty clientel