TSC Employee Reviews

I say if you can work here, you can work anywhere in-terms of retail. TSC is a great place to learn how to wok fast since weekends are incredibly busy no matter what, the customers that store brings in will teach you how to deal with the most demanding/mouthy people with a big smile on your face no matter what and you learn real quick how to work as a team because communication is 100% key there. Management is 50/50 could be better but understandable considering all the tasks managers have. Not hard to get in when they're looking to hire and they're pretty flexible.
Pros
tolerable
Cons
long hours with no break sometimes because they forget to give you one
The management at TSC in Peterborough is incredible!! I absolutely loved working there. I’d go into work with a smile on my face everyday and if I was having a bad day my manager always helped me out. Other employees are also incredible! Everyone gets along and you feel like a family while working there.
Pros
Work environment, employees, management
Having worked here for a summer, the job paid only slightly higher then min wage, days were long as you were expected to lift very heavy bags of grain and feed almost the whole shift. The wages don’t commensurate the work at all. Management was not helpful, and I would not recommend working here for anyone.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Everything you can think of especially poor management
First, if you want full time, you have to be a manager or supervisor. Head office is extremely slow with store repairs, and any issues that need correcting (like uniforms for staff, and improvements in store function). Head office does not back up their staff on policies, but questions you, when they receive a customer complaint. They also change policies and do not communicate it.
I did not enjoy working here at all. Coworkers were a mix of good and bad. Management was garbage. Treated younger employees unfairly, Overall not a good work experience.
TSC was very accommodating to my unique schedule by providing me with as little or as many hours as I required. Staff and management were a pleasure to work for and with.
The work environment is good over their as it is a multi cultural company. All people are very co-operative and supportive with new employess as they could easily adapt TSC.
Working at tsc is good job for someone first employment. The co-worker and management would help you, if having any troubles starting off. The company has a website to get you up to safety and knowledge of old/new products
Was a good place to work but the prices were always off and it’s was very unorganized, the people and myself got confused with the price and it caused very disrespectful customers
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Very unorganized
Managers at TSC are very rude to almost every employee regardless of the situation. They also tend to pick favourites and act super kind to them but no one else. The head store manager also tends to be sexist towards employees as well. The store isn’t kept very clean either. Often in the outdoor merchandise area there is animal droppings all over the place from cats and always a terrible smell. They also never have enough staff every shift to allow for appropriate lunch breaks. Each shift there is often large, heavy, awkward items that need to be moved and stocked on the sales floor. With very little staff every shift it is often required that you have to move these items on your own with zero help, and items can sometimes reach up to 80-100LBS which is far over the 50LBS requirement in the job description.
Pros
Cons
Just about everything
The hours are reasonable, management was flexible if you had another job and the coworkers were friendly. Not much room for advancement or opportunity to be cross trained on different areas. Being trained on everything would have made work that much more interesting
Clerk duties (opening, closing, stocking inventory, helping customers) I learned how to efficiently work with a team. management is acceptable. Very busy. clerks constantly running around. Doing clerk duties and any heavy lifting that is needed for the shift.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
physically demanding
It's good for students, fairly friendly co-workers, but bad on stock and angry customers when it happens. But like overall it can be a fun day with your co-workers.
A day at work would consist of merchandising, arrangement, and transportation of flowers and trees. I would have to dismantle and sort the components of the nursery crates for transportation. I learned to be a dedicated and diligent worker who exceeds expectations with competence.
Pros
Welcoming environment
I started working at TSC when I was in high school. It was a great place to work part time and I got a lot of hours. My only complaint was I found that there was a high turnover rate which lead me to work more hours than anticipated.
the employees are great to work with, I would work there again. it was fun, it was only part time I had fun doing my job, and helping people when they needed it.
TSC was my first job and I did enjoy it. The co-workers were nice, I enjoyed when I had more freedom to focus on getting stuff done as the clerks would do, rather than standing at the front with not as much to do.
Pros
Music always played and majority of people were nice!
Cons
Sometimes managers were discouraging and intimidating rather than approachable.
A typical day begins with being assigned tasks from management, and completing those tasks while providing customer service. The hardest part about this job in particular would be accomplishing all assigned tasks by the end of the shift, while balancing customer's needs. I've learned how to better a great team player during my years employed here, as we've had many people come and go. I have quickly gotten to know each individual, and gotten on good terms with them, so we can build strong connections and trust between staff. Management is a bit questionable, as we've gone through several store managers, with each having their own way of running the operation. However most of our management is too young for the job, and therefore does not respond to certain situations in the best possible manner. They do try most of the time though to make sure our needs our met and we are working safely, while doing our jobs properly.
Cons
Few available hours, poor management
a typical day at work at TSC starts with receiving skids of product. opening each box to ensure the proper amount was sent. Receiving that amount in the RF gun and on paper work. Organizing all product to later fill shelves with products. You preform this task each day.
Pros
great people and easy work enviorment
Cons
repetitive work
The manager's were nice and easy to get along with The work wasn't very hard to do Other co-workers were always happy to help out
The experience was good for me through my high school years. I was able to work in a office atmosphere and also a an animal atmosphere. I loved both.
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
Low income
  1. Employee reviews