TSC Stores Employee Reviews

Tsc
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 June 2018
Great people within the company but it's hard to work for a store that is disorganized and gets one person to do the job or 3 people with little to no thanks.
Terrible
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 June 2018
Worst place to work, absolutely the worst manager, would not recommend this place to anyone. Customers complain all the time about staff, no training, incompetent management here. You will not get your breaks, or time off. Staff is bad, they talk about everyone this is encouraged by the manager. They will let you go for no reason
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, hours, management, coworkers and much more
Expect you to work your hardest and never appreciate you
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 May 2018
I joined this company as a manager in training part-time, received over 50 hours a week WITHOUT benefits and never had time for breaks but they always deducted my 30min lunch from payroll even though there was never time for it. I worked 3 times harder than all those below and above me and yet because I was not apart of their closely knit family, they let me go without cause. This company is going to go bankrupt, if not from their staff than by their inventory losses.
Pros
Not a single one
Cons
Long hours, no overtime, unpaid breaks you never take, and the list goes on.
I really enjoyed working with the staff
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON28 April 2018
This was a good company to work for, but just had some management issues at the time. I enjoyed working with most of the staff, and helping our customers.
Very cooperative with schedule but lacking in organization.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 April 2018
Working at TSC was a great learning experience for the inventory and customer experience however I had a total of 6 managers during my time with very little improvement in management. The only time I have been thankful for a manager is the current one, all previous have little or less than to show for their time at the store.
Tsc Stores
Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON11 April 2018
The way the company is ran is a joke. I would not recommend a job at the new liskeard location to anyone. they need to get some serious help in how a company should be ran.
Work Day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON5 April 2018
Great workplace
Wonderful staff
Learn lots about animals
The management were amazing
Hardest part of working there was making sure everything are neat with people coming in and messing things up but that always happens
Pros
not long hours
Cons
slow
A great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 March 2018
great place to learn and grow with a company.
always able to teach and coach staff
company has come a long way
future of the company is looking great
Decent for part time employment, generally friendly colleagues.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 March 2018
Easy place to work at, mostly light work. Steel toed work shoes/boots required, breakroom/bathrooms recently redone.
current management is difficult to deal with but not unreasonable.
Overall if you are looking for part-time work, it's a pretty good place.
(if you like country music)
Pros
light work, constant country music
Cons
store often looks dirty and current branch manager is difficult
Great place to gain experience
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON3 March 2018
As a cashier you're the front line. Tasks include ensuring customers are greeted and offer the best service you are capable of offering, as well as keeping the front end of the store presentable (tidying the clothing department, sweeping, cleaning, etc). As well as good loss prevention practices (This goes especially for the Sarnia location). Occasionally management will delegate tasks such as processing new product (tagging, pricing, etc). As with any cashier position, it is a lot of standing, and during the busy period, ie Christmas, it gets a little chaotic, but don't let that frighten you, the customers are more often than not very understanding and patient. Communication is key however, and in some respects that needs to be worked on. The hardest part of the job (for me personally) is handling unruly customers. But, management will have your back in most situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere, it's very laid back, and everyone is honest with each other, we treat everyone as family. As far as work/life balance goes, part time employees have a lot of wiggle room. Depending on the season, hour cut backs tend to hurt. But it certainly gives you free time for other jobs/activities. Full timers, the hours are long, and many times you need to be willing to stay late or even bring your work home with you to meet deadlines. Time management is everything, but it becomes difficult when during shifts when the store is very busy.

Overall though, it's quite enjoyable. Certainly there will be bad days, but there will be good days. I've personally gained a
  more... lot of experience working for this company, and honestly I feel if everyone did at least one year of retail work, the world would be a better place. TSC is an excellent place to start if you're new to the job world, and there is a lot of room for advancement if you put in the effort.  less
Pros
Friendly staff, always something to do, great experience
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ON26 February 2018
great environment to work in, everyday was something different and the management is amazing. everyone helps one another out and i made some of my best friends while working there. Couldn't have asked for a better first job.
Pros
good people
Cons
bad hours
Productive and fun place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON22 February 2018
Productive and fun place to work. TSC stands for tractor supply company. I learned a lot about farming stuff when I worked there. It was very interesting place to work
Tough job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeville3 February 2018
Long hours. Very little help from upper management. Pay isn’t great but not terrible. Great customers. Baby chickens and ducks twice a year. Merchandising constantly changes new products arriving all the time.
Pros
If you like merchandising
Cons
Lots of responsibilities not enough pay
working with coustomers on a regular basis
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON30 January 2018
this is not a bad place to work the staff are nice and the job is easy, downfall they hire way to many staff people and the hours are cut, but overall its a people person environment
Pros
nice staff
Cons
no hours there to get
I love working at tsc
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON13 January 2018
I learn how to handle costumes, knowing where everything is, is easy to help a costume find what they are looking for. Tsc showed me how to work as a team with everyone that is working.
Pros
Free lunches
Great workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON11 January 2018
I learned alot working with TSC and appreciate all the lessons. I did many different things from working with customers, to organizing he back room, and cleaning the lunchroom.
Pros
Appropriate breaks, great work communication
Horrible Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON11 January 2018
An employee had to quit due to harassment instead of the person doing the harassing being fired. Manager knew of harassment and scheduled them together instead of separating their shifts. Head office did nothing when they were notified. It's unfortunate the store is run so poorly.
Good work place
TSC Stores (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON29 December 2017
A very good place to work, espicaly if it will be your very first job, atmosphere is amazing and you meet new people on a everyday expierence ! Employees are a joy to work with
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Not many hours
productive
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON11 December 2017
a typical day at work
includes helping customers and stocking shelves
the management in this place sucks i dont advise anyone to work there now
the job was good just not good people
One Stop Shopping
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 October 2017
Great company to work for. Great values and a nice environment to work in.

Management work well together.

Close relationships can be built in the community.
Pros
Good Values
Cons
Schedules not out very far in advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSC Stores. Our community is ready to answer.