TSC Stores Employee Reviews

Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON2 February 2019
Ive been working at tsc stores for just shy of two years now as a clerk/cashier and its been a great experience. Very good work environment and from my experience great people to work with.
Peterborough, Ontario location
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON30 January 2019
Not a company you would want to work for and definitely not a store you want to work in! The managers at this location are not honest. They do not care about their employees in the store. Nothing but problems! When Head Office was approached about this store and things that had gone on they did absolutely nothing! So much so that they were made aware of the managers going against a company policy and did not do a thing!
The store is unorganized and when management is told about things they do nothing about it. The management is unorganized but you cannot organize a store by sitting in your office all day.
There is absolutely no incentive and no appreciation for anything that you do
Word of advice, look elsewhere if you are thinking of working at this store!
Pros
Cons
All Management needs to be replaced! Store needs a total overhaul!
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario20 December 2018
Worst company I’ve ever worked for. They promise you things to get you to work harder and then never reward you with it. Accuse you of doing things and never let you prove that they were wrong. Then fire you and expect you to pay back what you so called “stole” from them.
Pros
Good friends
Cons
Horribly ran com
Receiver
Worker Health and Safety Awareness (Former Employee) –  Ontario18 December 2018
The same thing happened to me as the London guy. One afternoon of training. The dm thought that was enough. Then was told I was a good worker but not a good fit for the company. The store manager didn't even know that I was being let go. Good job TSC! Message to d.m. you need to treat the employees with respect. They are the back bone of the company! Staff meetings need to be done and listen to everyone's output. You need more floor staff! Clerks are run off their feet. They can't put carts away and wait on customers.
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
The worst training ever!!
Popcorn is always fresh and is a place that everyone can benefit from in finding what they need.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 December 2018
When I worked at Tsc they were a bit disorganized and very busy almost cluttered but we were short staffed and that may be the reason i felt this way. There are many positive things to say like how you develop a good relationship with most of your coworkers but with every job there are going to be people you don’t like very much. Tsc made me a better employee by making me learn how to do my job my myself and figure out everything along the way.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
Don’t really tell you what to do
Fast Paced Workplace with fun coworkers and great customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON17 December 2018
I loved working here. I made life long friends and loved my supervisors. Sometimes it got a little tough with customer policies but other than that it was great
Pros
team environment, farm focused, great customers
Cons
strict customer information policies
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON20 November 2018
I really enjoyed working at TSC through my schooling. Management was very flexible with hours and staff were very friendly. Best part of working there was the customers. So friendly, miss them too this day
it wasnt overall the best place to stay long term
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON6 November 2018
i worked at a TSC store for 2 years and when i first started i loved going to work but as the time went on i got to the point i didn't even want to be there anymore. I started getting a lot of hours while i was still in high school then through my first year of college, but after i had graduated and could literally work at all time i went form 4-5 shifts a week down to 1-2.
Pros
gained work experience
Cons
management
Nightmare! Avoid
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON22 October 2018
Terribly disorganized from the very top. If you are a decent worker avoid because you will quickly be the one doing all of the work.
Worst company I've worked for hands down.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, terrible management
Worst job I've ever had
STORE CLERK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ON24 September 2018
Everyday was taken as a joke and the management was horrible. I had to learn mostly by myself. everything was extremely laxed and then when upper management would say something our managers took it out on us.
Pros
i learned retail
Cons
everything
Manager (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON14 September 2018
Its a great place to work friendly people and staff

lots of room for advancement into management especially if you are willing to relocate to another city
Everyone feels like family
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON27 August 2018
A typical day at work includes assisting customers on the sales floor, processing transactions on the till, processing refunds and exchanges, helping customers order products off the website, working stock in the backroom, front facing products on the shelves, refilling displays.

The hardest part about the job, is the multi-tasking required. Sometimes there isn't enough staff on shift to help all the customers at the same time, so you feel stretched a bit thin. It can't be helped, as the weekly schedule budget is determined by corporate head office.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff you work with. Because the team is smaller than a big company like Canadian Tire, you get to know your co-workers. Everyone feels like family.
Pros
Your co workers feel like family
Cons
Not always enough staff on shift
Overall boring place
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON20 August 2018
Management is so lazy and don’t expect much in terms of opportunity. You will be expected to do the same thing every shift. Horrible customers that hate their lives come in and make your day worse. Don’t work here
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Unless your only alternative is living on the street, avoid this company at all costs.
certified receiver (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 August 2018
Quite simply, one of the worst experiences of my life. A company that truly deserves to fail........and please remember that I actually left under good circumstances. The problem is the complete lack of understanding on the part of management regarding the need for sufficient storage space in the warehouse (or broom closet, closer to the truth) and an abysmal lack or desire to provide adequate staffing.
If it weren't such a painful memory, it would actually make for a fairly decent joke.....however, five years later I still can't quite seem to find the humour in it.
Pros
zero
Cons
all
Great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON15 August 2018
Great first job. Supportive co workers and very flexible with scheduling around life/school. Started as a cashier and trained in stock and sinage which made a good stepping stone for new jobs in the future.
Amazing Experience
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON9 August 2018
If you're looking for a first time employment as a young teenager, than TSC Stores is the place to do it. And if you've had a bad experience with a previous employer, TSC Stores is a fabulous place to regain trust in employers and employees. They are extremely supportive with you and go to amazing lengths to endure your safety as well as making you feel safe in your environment.
Pros
Great support team, and flexible with hours.
Cons
I don't believe there is any.
Mediocre
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 August 2018
Working at TSC is a very good place to start if you are just starting about with retail. The environment is welcoming but can be very tense at times.
This is not a job you would want very long term because of the lack of opportunity to grow and learn.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Lack of leadership
High turnover
Assist employees (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 July 2018
This was a terrible place to work. There was an incredibly high turnover, and low staff morale. Upper management only focused on bottom line, and hiring new people for the lowest wage possible.
Tsc
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 June 2018
Great people within the company but it's hard to work for a store that is disorganized and gets one person to do the job or 3 people with little to no thanks.
Terrible
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 June 2018
Worst place to work, absolutely the worst manager, would not recommend this place to anyone. Customers complain all the time about staff, no training, incompetent management here. You will not get your breaks, or time off. Staff is bad, they talk about everyone this is encouraged by the manager. They will let you go for no reason
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, hours, management, coworkers and much more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TSC Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9