TSAWWASSEN FIRST NATION

TSAWWASSEN FIRST NATION Employee Reviews

Canada2 reviews
I joined Tsawwassen First Nation (TFN) a couple of years after the 2009 treaty, which formalized its self government. When I joined, I wondered what being a part of administration would be like for a non-status person in such a critical phase in their cultural and business transformation. Everyone was super nice, helpful and cooperative. Management appreciates and recognizes everyone's hard work and there is a common approach to the increasing workload where everyone is willing to chip in to get the job done (and done right).

The community spirit is naturally important to TFN and it is actively cultivated, supportive and inclusive.

Employees can feel, and see all around them, that we're a part of something significant locally, provincially and nationally. Significant primarily to its members but also to other First Nations who are watching and learning from our evolution.
Pros
Generous vacation, personal days and training programs in place. Fun and positive work environment.
Cons
Being a government (similar to a municipal environment), there is a rule for everything. Having said that, the rules and laws are well thought out, practical and agreed upon by the right people/business groups.
Although the job was diverse and interesting, every day was a balancing act of client needs and employer expectations. Highly stressful environment
Cons