TS TECH Employee Reviews

N/a
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON3 February 2018
I worked extremely hard and got treated like I was not working at all. I would not recommend this company to anyone looking for long time work. Avoid working here unless you are looking for part time/ seasonal work. You work extremely hard long hours, no Achievement granted by company, there are benefits but I’d they no longer like you, you will go back to 3 probation.
machincal
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
i was learned about my welding skill in this company , also the grinding skill , in this company they give me alot chance to learn about the new skill
Ts Tech consistent work
Seat Assembly Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 July 2017
TS Tech is a seat assembly factory that I find is a tolerable workplace with very slow advancement. Consistent work throughout the day since the seat assembly never changed. Hardest part was carpal tunnel which for some people with weaker wrists and hands it can be very challenging at the start. Most enjoyable part was the community and the well organized factory layout. Management was great and was very keen on workplace safety.
Pros
good community
Cons
rotating shifts
not a very rewarding job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 April 2017
TS Tech is a tolerable place to work advancement is very slow but it does happen if you are a consistent worker. for some people with weaker wrists and hands it can be very challenging.
It's a job
Material Services (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 March 2017
Start off the day punching in
quick meeting for the days work
then work begins on the line.

You learn a lot about car seats.

Hardest is hour switch.
Pros
long un-payed lunch's
Cons
Constantly switching shifts from days to afternoons
Great people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 March 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job, i would have to say is training. During the training process, each employee will have hands-on and in-class training provided by experienced staff. Really enjoyed the training.
A level barely above a sweat shop
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 July 2016
For the amount of labor intensive work you do, the pay is absolute garbage. I am not sure how this company gets away with it, but you only get 2 eight minute breaks during the day and only a 28 minute lunch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the law stipulates that you must have a total of an hour off each day?

Stay away from working here, seriously it is absolutely the worst company i've ever had the misfortune of working for.
Pros
there are none
Cons
too many to list
garbage
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON12 June 2016
I worked there for almost 2 and half months. I hated it. I am not a factory guy. The guys on line 1 left side are decent guys to work with. Its ran by a bunch of meatheads though.. They need to hire new supervisors and management.. I felt like I was being abused with the green light yellow light bs... We never got PFP (PFP is we get all the seats built and get to leave early and get paid for full 8 hours) because something was always breaking down... it's almost like they made it so we never got PFP... its a sad job I thought... i was never happy working there... I don't know how anyone could last but there are a bunch of people who have been there since they opened and make $21+/hour its just getting up to that level takes 18 years... sorry but that's not for me.... I could literally go on and on about this job but I find its pointless.
Pros
pay every week
Cons
garbage management
Fast pase labour, car seats asembly
Assembly line Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 April 2016
A day at work would be 7:30am-4:00pm making car seats with 2 breaks and a lunch. I learned how car seats were made and the kind of work it is like overall. the hardest part of the job was the Days for 2 weeks and then Nights for 2 weeks, that was horrible.. morning are best for me. best enjoyable thing about the job is the day goes pay fast and from what I can remember it was pay every week, and the work wasn't hard and my days felt stress free
Pros
day ended quickly, easy work
Cons
2 weeks days, 2 weeks nights
teeam leader is no good .and wage is to low
civic rear (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 February 2016
i been working on civic rear line for some tie now . it is a very demanding job and with one of the team leaders acting more as a security worker then a team leader it is very stressfull . constent lurching behind us and ready to pounce on every mistake we make . this certin team leader makes it hard for new assossiates to feel comfortable to work there and even makes them wonder if they made a right choice to work for ts tech . also the wage is nothing to be proud of .for the amount of work we do it isn't a fair wage . As well tends to be hard to satisfy the management . always finding ways to prove the build is not good enough
Pros
steady hours
Cons
wagesucks and harsh team leader
Decent work to get you by
ASSEMBLY LINE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Ontario16 October 2015
Would assemble about 420 car seats for Honda per 8 hour shift. I learned how to work effectively in a team based environment. I learned how to train new people in the processes on the assembly line. Was difficult to support myself on the wages made, but I enjoyed having steady work with opportunities to work overtime on weekends. Very clean and safe work environment.
Pros
Easy tasks once understood
Cons
Repetitive and not challenging enough
Productive and kept me busy
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 August 2014
Overall I think it was a okay job, always kept me busy which I liked. It taught me allot about how car parts are manufactured and shipped out to their customers. I loved my co-workers and my boss was great. Main reason I want another job is to make a bit more money and gain more experience.
Pros
Constant work
Cons
wage
Pleasant place to work.
Product Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON1 August 2014
Meet with supervisor and Evaluation team. Attend to assigned station in the product evaluation zone. Review safety features and quality of Honda Civic automotive seats. Management is friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the rotation of work stations which helps for staying alert and keeping the job interesting.
highly recommended
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 April 2013
I learned a lot while on the job, i would have to say the hardest part was dealing with shift changes every 2 weeks. I would have to say that the management was fantastic, very organized, and well mannered. As any place there is going to be differences between Co-workers i enjoy team work and they were all very respectable. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home after a hard days work.
Pros
good benefits