TRYLON TSF

TRYLON TSF Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews
Everything is always a RUSH or has to fit into the production schedule... no comprehension from what CAN be physically produced in manufacturing to "just fit in in to the schedule" and continue on with discombobulation.. Disappointed in hearing "this is the way we have always done things" from employees that have been there over 20 years.
Don't bother with Trylon until they get a new CEO. This guy is nuts. His strategy is to cause commotion with people he dislikes who are doing a good job. He then starts a witch hunt and slander campaign with the Board against certain people. Then he fires them. All the while Board is distracted with this nonsense and in competent CEO keeps his job.
Pros
Money.
Cons
Ceo.
Trylon is a fantastic palce to work,consisting of transparent leadership and an incredible company culture.Trylon employees truly stand behind the company mission.

Each day brings a new and exciting challenge.The senior leadership team cares for their employees.always putting us first.

The focus on work life balance is incredible.
They suck Not Organized at all .. you will get written up or in trouble for no reasons !! Just because not Organized.. and also is so dirty and dusty soo cold in the winter to work its unbelievable
The company promises day time positions but then shuffles you off to afternoon or night positions. Company does not take their employees doctor substantiated needs into consideration. The senior management has a serious problem with favouritism.
Higher management is not focused, they are confused with no long term vision. Ni vision, no goal, no compensation for the hard work. You don't need any experience or education to become a manager.
Abysmal organization and management support mixed in a toxic culture with zero accountability and third-world installation quality. Their BC is office is closing down due to their poor reputation in the industry. Highest PM turnover rate I’ve ever seen.
Don't work here,to many expectations for a 8 hour shift. If you don't parts &orders completed than your out the door. Most annoying part of working here is being assigned 1 job while supervisor or millwrights give you another job to do while performing the original job which just slows stuff down
Pros
Most good co-workers minus a few rats
Cons
Management sucks
If you love working at places you hate working at- apply at Trylon. You’ll get treated so poorly and under appreciated for the amount of work you are forced to put in. Not to say the managers there are a bunch of ***holes.
Pros
PT is the best
Cons
Every single manager there, from project manager to the president of the company.
high turnover rate and they don't care about workers. worked there for three months and was let go without reason half way threw a shift, they did they same thing with someone else the week before and I had been warned by fellow employees they like to get rid of people before getting into the union.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
fear of losing job
Management didn't care about you at all. Worked there 4 years took on two different roles. Never had a review or a raise in that time frame. I was let go and given "without cause" as a reason and two weeks severance.
Constantly in fear of when you would be laid off if they were out of season selling the various cell phone towers. People on the shop floor work very had and take pride in their work
I learned some more solid modelling skills there and I learned more about the telecom industry and standards. I found there were some organizational and interdepartmental challenges during my time there.
Pros
Flexible working options
Cons
It is a good job if you like working at heights and being on the road. Wages were ok, work was fun as long as you have a good crew because you will be with them alot.
Grossly mismanaged company. Unqualified managers who have no idea what subordinate job function entails. Constantly changing priorities don't allow for any task to be performed to full potential. Everything is rushed to meet unrealistic customer requirements. Heavy in top management, not enough employees to adequately staff all departments. Everyone is overworked and given responsibility above and beyondo pay grade. Poor pay. Very little respect and gratitude shown for long and busy days.
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, no respect from management, unrealistic workload
Some great people in the company. Limited scope in the industry of telecommunications given the present state of market. Hard to win projects and justify work.
Pros
Small company, everyone knows everyone. Good synergy
Cons
Difficult industry, slow growth
when its busy they keep you pushing to work to finish the job. if its slow down they dont care how long you've working in the company. manager dont care you contribution to the company. all they have thinking how to profit
Tower building company that required pre-packaged parts for off grid applications.
Forklift operator for evening shift.

Warehouse attendant overseeing transportation of required orders and offloading of specific materials pertaining to off grid builds.
Pros
Valuable work experience
Cons
unstable job availability
Nothing at the top ever changes just at the bottom. Get rid of 4 people to keep one of the 6 "VP's". more VP's then employees
Working at Trylon was a good experience to learn how to work in a manufacturing setting. Change isn’t really accepted but rather to do things "their" way. A lot of work is given at the last minute with the expectation of "do it and don't complain". Good people just not good structure for someone trying to make a difference within a company.
Pros
Strong social committee
Cons
No real planning time for projects
I really enjoyed working at Trylon TSF. So much, that I went back a second time.
I started working co-op- at Trylon TSF while in my first year of Civil Engineering. Although Trylon TSF is better categorized as being Structural Engineering and Telecommunications, there was a great deal of cross over between my program and what we did there.

My father was the reason i chose to get into Civil Engineering in the first place, he was then, and continues to be the strongest role model in my life. My father was also a civil engineer, and his schooling also brought him into the telecommunications industry, first working for 17 years at Bell Canada, and finishing his career at Rogers. My father helped me obtain this first co-op position. It was in Project Management. A great team of guys, a lot of fun, and a lot of learning followed. During the school year they allowed me to keep flexible hours as i worked for them designing parts for towers. I stayed at Trylon until the year before i graduated. After graduation I went a different direction and worked in Land Development fo some time. But, eventually I returned to Trylon for its atmosphere and people, although i took a pay cut from where i had been working, it was worth it.