TRYLON TSF Employee Reviews

To many expectations in short amount of time for Low paying Union Job
MIG-FLUX CORE WELDER (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON12 June 2019
Don't work here,to many expectations for a 8 hour shift. If you don't parts &orders completed than your out the door. Most annoying part of working here is being assigned 1 job while supervisor or millwrights give you another job to do while performing the original job which just slows stuff down
Pros
Most good co-workers minus a few rats
Cons
Management sucks
The managers here are some of the worst people I have met. Two faced kids that don’t own up to their mistakes.
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC28 April 2019
If you love working at places you hate working at- apply at Trylon. You’ll get treated so poorly and under appreciated for the amount of work you are forced to put in. Not to say the managers there are a bunch of ***holes.
Pros
PT is the best
Cons
Every single manager there, from project manager to the president of the company.
fun environment if your okay with the fear of losing your job
CNC Operator/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON20 March 2019
high turnover rate and they don't care about workers. worked there for three months and was let go without reason half way threw a shift, they did they same thing with someone else the week before and I had been warned by fellow employees they like to get rid of people before getting into the union.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
fear of losing job
Inventory Manager
Inventory Analyst / Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON25 October 2018
Management didn't care about you at all. Worked there 4 years took on two different roles. Never had a review or a raise in that time frame. I was let go and given "without cause" as a reason and two weeks severance.
A decent place to work.
Structural Detailer (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON19 June 2018
I learned some more solid modelling skills there and I learned more about the telecom industry and standards. I found there were some organizational and interdepartmental challenges during my time there.
Pros
Flexible working options
Ok
Tower Tech (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON16 November 2017
It is a good job if you like working at heights and being on the road. Wages were ok, work was fun as long as you have a good crew because you will be with them alot.
Grossly mismanaged, too many unqualified managers, understaffed.
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Elmira, ON17 October 2017
Grossly mismanaged company. Unqualified managers who have no idea what subordinate job function entails. Constantly changing priorities don't allow for any task to be performed to full potential. Everything is rushed to meet unrealistic customer requirements. Heavy in top management, not enough employees to adequately staff all departments. Everyone is overworked and given responsibility above and beyondo pay grade. Poor pay. Very little respect and gratitude shown for long and busy days.
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, no respect from management, unrealistic workload
Small family run business
Manager - Project Implementation Central Region (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON1 June 2017
Some great people in the company. Limited scope in the industry of telecommunications given the present state of market. Hard to win projects and justify work.
Pros
Small company, everyone knows everyone. Good synergy
Cons
Difficult industry, slow growth
good and bad
Senior Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2017
when its busy they keep you pushing to work to finish the job. if its slow down they dont care how long you've working in the company. manager dont care you contribution to the company. all they have thinking how to profit
Parts picker and warehouse attendant
Forklift operator & parts order clerk (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON22 August 2016
Tower building company that required pre-packaged parts for off grid applications.
Forklift operator for evening shift.
Warehouse attendant overseeing transportation of required orders and offloading of specific materials pertaining to off grid builds.
Pros
Valuable work experience
Cons
unstable job availability
High turnover
Depended on the day (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON8 June 2016
Nothing at the top ever changes just at the bottom. Get rid of 4 people to keep one of the 6 "VP's". more VP's then employees
Average work but tight deadlines
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON31 May 2016
Working at Trylon was a good experience to learn how to work in a manufacturing setting. Change isn’t really accepted but rather to do things "their" way. A lot of work is given at the last minute with the expectation of "do it and don't complain". Good people just not good structure for someone trying to make a difference within a company.
Pros
Strong social committee
Cons
No real planning time for projects
Great Work environment, helpful team, good management
Structural Detailer (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON22 May 2016
I really enjoyed working at Trylon TSF. So much, that I went back a second time.
I started working co-op- at Trylon TSF while in my first year of Civil Engineering. Although Trylon TSF is better categorized as being Structural Engineering and Telecommunications, there was a great deal of cross over between my program and what we did there.
My father was the reason i chose to get into Civil Engineering in the first place, he was then, and continues to be the strongest role model in my life. My father was also a civil engineer, and his schooling also brought him into the telecommunications industry, first working for 17 years at Bell Canada, and finishing his career at Rogers. My father helped me obtain this first co-op position. It was in Project Management. A great team of guys, a lot of fun, and a lot of learning followed. During the school year they allowed me to keep flexible hours as i worked for them designing parts for towers. I stayed at Trylon until the year before i graduated. After graduation I went a different direction and worked in Land Development fo some time. But, eventually I returned to Trylon for its atmosphere and people, although i took a pay cut from where i had been working, it was worth it.
Horrible, avoid at all cost
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON23 April 2016
Your typical monthly target is chasing something you will never reach. Mafia managing style. Unbelievably long hours for 7 days.
Cons
Very long hour, upper management have no technical background.
not a happy place to work
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Langley21 April 2016
Not organized what so ever. Management doesn't give proper work gear, no proper schedule, and no new safety equipment. Not a fun environment to work in as your co workers basically hate on the new comers.
Great place to work, good team, good management.
Tellecomunication Tech (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON7 May 2015
I liked climbing and being physical everyday, I learned to work safe and effective. Co-workers and Management were great. The hardest part of this job was being away for extended periods of time. The work at heights was fun.
Pros
Good work, Good workers, Good Managment
Cons
Being away from home for extended periods
Unorganized
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON24 November 2014
Very poorly run company, rules and regulations change daily and supervisors spend to much time try to find someone to discipline.
Pros
good staff
Cons
two breaks, one 10 minute and one 20 minute for an 8 hour shift
Good company to start with
Controller - Products Division (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON28 October 2014
When I joined tehm in 2005 the company was evolving and they started to go global.

More challenges as thety grewe and burnt theort fingers in may countries.
Pros
Great working challenges as the comoany was moving forward
Cons
New management set backs
Good people to work with
Finish Welder (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON14 November 2013
Didn't do the same jobs over and over. Clean work environment. Good supervisors.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
USW Union
Culture is horrible
Inventory Analyst / Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmira, Ontario12 October 2013
Has some great people but has no culture. They treat people badly.
Pros
not many
Cons
Managers don't care about you