Trump International Hotels

Trump International Hotels Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
- Long days/nights.
- Demannding and fast paced.

- Learned a lot about luxury hotel operations.

- Rewarding to see staff grow and improve.

- Difficulty is that not all staff learn at the same pace and therefore labor productivity is not as consistent as one would like it to be.
I learn a lot about 5 Star standards, we even practice 5 star attitude among the associates.
Team members and the Managers are nice and supportive. The guests and residents are so nice.

I’m so grateful to be part of such an elegant environment.
Pros
Free meals, benefits, working environment
Cons
People underestimate the brand
Great work environment, with great company culture. They push their employees to be the best they can be, they like to promote within so there is a ton of job advancement opportunities. They do have extremely high expectations of their employees, you must give them your all. Can be quite competitive at times, but they are flexible with hours and the pay is very high, with great benefits. Managers can be impersonal at times as they are overworked and tired, but hourly employees enjoy their jobs and are happy working there.
Pros
free lunch, good pay and benefits
Cons
competitive work environment
Being part of the opening team at the Trump International Hotel and Tower Vancouver was a truly blessing experience, and loved every second of it. Working towards achieving the Forbes 5 Star awards was awesome.
High pressure, short staff, toxic work environment.

The management team is changing all the time.

No proper training was given and any incidents will be tracked down and blamed on you
Pros
Good health benifits
Cons
long hours, little training, poor management
Trump tower Vancouver is the most happening place in grater Vancouver. If you're looking for fun, learning, work life balance.

Management take care of all levels of colleagues.
This hotel was great to work for, but is now called the Adelaide Street Hotel, and will be converting to a St. Regis. Many staff I know continued with the company and said it was great.
Was there during the start-up period, so it's different now then when I was there but overall the culture was good. Light moods and usually a relaxed atmosphere.

Upper management really seemed to care about your personal life and did their best to ensure a good work/life balance, although when I was there it was tough to accommodate vacations as the start-up period was quite hectic & busy.

Only reason I left was a job I had been trying to get for a long time finally wanted to hire me, otherwise I'd still be there today!
Pros
Good job security, friendly environment & relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
Had to push my Mexico trip back a year, only because it was booked for the initial opening period.
Great company culture. All management have open door policy. Helpful team members. A place where front of the house and back of the house staff is equally competent
Pros
Free Meals - all you can eat
Cons
fast paced
A respected job at a prestige international hotel chain, improved my communication skill and work skills. it also boosted my confidence alot.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Trump International Hotels?