TruGreen Canada Employee Reviews

3.4Job Security & Advancement
Boring
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2019
I worked for a few months there , at that time the season was for up selling , it wasn’t hard to hit the target at all especially if you have previous knowledge in lawn care. One thing that bothered me so much is that it’s a call centre but you can’t wear t shirts if you have tattoos and the excuse I got was the head office is in the same building which is ridiculous! Mind you none of the tattoos are offensive,what’s worst it was summer and they had no AC so I had to get a lil fan while wearing long sleeves.
An older lady worked there that was very nosey and most of the time it was quiet .. it wasn’t exciting to show up to work.
A Good Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 February 2019
Secure hours, Saturdays are usually available to work if you want them. This is a position where those who go the extra mile are rewarded.
You gain a lot of experience with their sales training program, and the sales manager is just fantastic and willing to work with you to smooth out the kinks in your sales presentation.
Throughout the season there are bbq's, contests, etc.
You have a lot of confidence going into a sale because you know the product and the team are top-quality, it makes it very easy to sell. The people I have met going door-to-door are quite frequently, wonderful individuals who are appreciative of our free analysis... sometimes the interaction can not be so great, but turning around someone's initial sour disposition and brightening up their day can be a unique and rewarding challenge.
A great position for both the experienced salesperson as well as those just entering the field.
Pros
-Paid Training, -Great Team, -Great Product
Cons
Lots of social interaction required, Some new reps see the walking as a con
Good environment to work in
Canada Technician Route Specialist (Ontario) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2018
I enjoyed working at TruGreen, the people are nice and easy to get along with at the shop. The workday is great hours, the only thing I enjoy but don't at the same time, is working alone. It get's to taxing on the body when the heat/humidity is outrageous. Other than that, I enjoy the people and the environment.
an active environment
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 September 2018
management was a part of most of the day, meetings every morning. learned communication, being proactive was necessary to reach customers to make sales.
Service manager lies about everything. Lawn care techs are expected to push sales.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 August 2018
This was by far, the most dishonest company I've ever worked for. They seem nice in the interview, but after a short amount of time, the lies and dishonesty break the semblance of a healthy and normal work place.

The push for sales on the LAWN CARE TECHS, is quite honestly, ludacris. There is absolutely NO overtime for the techs, because according to the service manager, "Agricultural Workers don't get overtime." So to get even a decent pay, you have to push upwards of 80 hours a week.

Save your time, energy, and effort, find employment elsewhere, where you aren't treated like garbage, and lied to.
Pros
Gas Card that you can exploit for points
Cons
Everything else
Manager is the worst
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON20 July 2018
Manager is the worst I’ve ever seen. Doesn’t know what he’s doing and gets mad when having simple convo and lies a lot. Worst work place ever people don’t even like coming tow ork
Not a bad place to earn weekly pay but very high turn over rate.
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2018
Decent work environment. A lot of the co-workers I had there didn't like the manager much but he was a decent guy to be fair. They paid weekly so that was a plus but some of the older staff especially some lady there were very annoying and had advantages when it came to hitting weekly sales goals.
Pros
Weekly Pay & Great Co-workers
Cons
Difficult sales goals to meet.
People are great .and its a fun place to work for.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2018
Good environment nice to work outdoors good management. Close to home hours are good I like the driving.my coworkers are great.they provide the uniforms. They pay is not bad.i wish it was all Year round but it is seasonal.
Pros
Outdoors.
Cons
Seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TruGreen Canada. Our community is ready to answer.