TruGreen Canada

TruGreen Canada Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Work with very little supervision
Every day you received your work, take your truck, do it, and come back do the paperwork and go. Organization is the key to success. As you start completing jobs, you can manage better the time.
Long days and bad pay
Pros:
- Everyone who works at the Durham Branch is extremely friendly and for the most part pretty relaxed.

- The job is really easy and expectations were pretty low (I personally feel this to be more of a con).

Cons:

- They expect you to work 6 days a week 10+ hours a day without any overtime pay, and they do not tell you about it until you start working.

- You will be spraying chemicals that you do not even know what they are. I mostly sprayed Fiesta which I was told is mainly iron, but I wasn't given an MSDS for it, and it had no pesticide label so I researched it on my own finding out it does contain toxic substances to humans. I had this stuff all over me some days because the equipment was faulty with my spraying wand being held together by duct tape.

- You are expected to sell programs to people about lawn care, which from what I could tell is mainly targeted at old people. They also encourage you to service people's lawns who have not renewed the service so payment can then be demanded from them after. This is extremely uncomfortable and dishonest practice, I had multiple people really mad at me for even showing up to their house because they already tried to cancel multiple times.

- They deduce an hour from your pay for every day worked, which they do not tell you about, and they also over schedule you with work so you literally work for free every day 1 hour because if you take breaks you will not finish your route.

- I worked as a Lawn Technician but did not receive proper training on lawn care at all. I would show up to people's houses and they would ask
 - more...
Tres dangereux
Vous allez ramener des punaises de lit à maison ces sur
Pros
Beaucoup ouvrage
Cons
Ramène bibitte a maison
Awesome company to work at
Trugreen is a great place to work at. The management here is supportive and you'll see them set an example of a great work ethic. They are solution driven and are always on the lookout to introducing new processes and strategies.
The sales reps and the lawn care technicians are motivated and seem to have a good rapport amongst each other.

If you're looking for a fun, motivated and humble and growth driven organization.. TruGreen is your best choice.
Pros
Positive work environment, Supportive Management, competitive pay
Cons
No Cons
Very Unpleasant
High expectations, not enough support from management where telemarketing training is concerned. Watched them fire a student, who was eager to learn, but required additional support. He was also very shy, and when he asked questions, he was ridiculed and called slow by co-workers and management. Wouldn't ever recommend working here. Very cold work culture.
Awesome
The past 2 years working for trugreen was fun and a really relaxing work environment. The management are awesome and understanding. I couldn't think of a better place to work
Horrible company
Very unorganized. They hire people and then leave them hanging for a week without knowing what is happening with their employment. Unable to get any info from anyone as everyone seems clueless. Would not recommend !
Horrible descriminative workplace!
Horrible place to work absolutely no job security. If you have any type of disability they will fire you for it. They never maintain any of their equipment and if it happens to break they hold you responsible and threaten to put you up on their wall of shame.
Alright Place
It's a great place as long as you do your work simple as that.

Weed spraying is a little heavy loaded with 26-28 houses a day.
Pros
Always work
Cons
Work Saturday's
Honestly not worth your time
They have a poor management in the Durham branch they don't really try to help you with certain areas and the training they do doesn't fully explain everything the videos they show give more info then management themself
Pros
Benefits, Commission
Cons
Management, pay, hours
Boring
I worked for a few months there , at that time the season was for up selling , it wasn’t hard to hit the target at all especially if you have previous knowledge in lawn care. One thing that bothered me so much is that it’s a call centre but you can’t wear t shirts if you have tattoos and the excuse I got was the head office is in the same building which is ridiculous! Mind you none of the tattoos are offensive,what’s worst it was summer and they had no AC so I had to get a lil fan while wearing long sleeves.
An older lady worked there that was very nosey and most of the time it was quiet .. it wasn’t exciting to show up to work.
Cons
A pleasurable company dedicated to helping lawns
TruGreen has been a pleasure to work with very few concerns. The management team is dedicated to helping both employees and customers, and the staff is knowledgeable and heavy on working together to ensure everyone succeeds. They're not afraid, and insist, that everyone ask questions so that everyone has all the answers coming forward, and to not be afraid to ask questions if you don't know something.

These factors make for a very enjoyable work environment where you can learn new techniques or new information every single day.
Pros
Weekly Pay, Benefits for FT, Great Management
Cons
Seasonal Work
A Good Company
Secure hours, Saturdays are usually available to work if you want them. This is a position where those who go the extra mile are rewarded.
You gain a lot of experience with their sales training program, and the sales manager is just fantastic and willing to work with you to smooth out the kinks in your sales presentation.

Throughout the season there are bbq's, contests, etc.

You have a lot of confidence going into a sale because you know the product and the team are top-quality, it makes it very easy to sell. The people I have met going door-to-door are quite frequently, wonderful individuals who are appreciative of our free analysis... sometimes the interaction can not be so great, but turning around someone's initial sour disposition and brightening up their day can be a unique and rewarding challenge.

A great position for both the experienced salesperson as well as those just entering the field.
Pros
-Paid Training, -Great Team, -Great Product
Cons
Lots of social interaction required, Some new reps see the walking as a con
Good environment to work in
I enjoyed working at TruGreen, the people are nice and easy to get along with at the shop. The workday is great hours, the only thing I enjoy but don't at the same time, is working alone. It get's to taxing on the body when the heat/humidity is outrageous. Other than that, I enjoy the people and the environment.
an active environment
management was a part of most of the day, meetings every morning. learned communication, being proactive was necessary to reach customers to make sales.
Service manager lies about everything. Lawn care techs are expected to push sales.
This was by far, the most dishonest company I've ever worked for. They seem nice in the interview, but after a short amount of time, the lies and dishonesty break the semblance of a healthy and normal work place.

The push for sales on the LAWN CARE TECHS, is quite honestly, ludacris. There is absolutely NO overtime for the techs, because according to the service manager, "Agricultural Workers don't get overtime." So to get even a decent pay, you have to push upwards of 80 hours a week.

Save your time, energy, and effort, find employment elsewhere, where you aren't treated like garbage, and lied to.
Pros
Gas Card that you can exploit for points
Cons
Everything else
Manager is the worst
Manager is the worst I’ve ever seen. Doesn’t know what he’s doing and gets mad when having simple convo and lies a lot. Worst work place ever people don’t even like coming tow ork
Not a bad place to earn weekly pay but very high turn over rate.
Decent work environment. A lot of the co-workers I had there didn't like the manager much but he was a decent guy to be fair. They paid weekly so that was a plus but some of the older staff especially some lady there were very annoying and had advantages when it came to hitting weekly sales goals.
Pros
Weekly Pay & Great Co-workers
Cons
Difficult sales goals to meet.
People are great .and its a fun place to work for.
Good environment nice to work outdoors good management. Close to home hours are good I like the driving.my coworkers are great.they provide the uniforms. They pay is not bad.i wish it was all Year round but it is seasonal.
Pros
Outdoors.
Cons
Seasonal