True North Disability Services Employee Reviews

Productive and great place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC29 November 2018
Favorite company to work for so far, you can tell they really do value their employees. I love coming into work everyday since I started here and am so happy to be a part of something greater, where we can actually help canadians get what they are entitled to! Management is great and so is the culture! The hardest part of the job is having to tell someone they do not qualify but other than that I can see myself here for years to come.
Pros
Great management, Flexible, Free lunches
Cons
Un-paid breaks
Incredible Atmosphere, Great "Team" Feel.
Case Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC28 November 2018
I have been employed with True North Disability Services for two years now and couldn't have asked to work for a more wonderful company. I have an extensive background in a vast array of work settings and can wholeheartedly say that I have never felt more privileged to be a part of a true team.

Each day I go home knowing that I've contributed in making a huge difference in the lives of our clients. I get to continuously help others and hear their stories which is a gift in itself.

Management is very down to earth and easily approachable which allows room to breath in the workplace. They will go to great lengths to ensure we are comfortable and have everything we need. Each of our managers are altruistic individuals and I couldn't be more thrilled or proud to call any of them my boss.

As a case representative, you work with your own assigned clients and their doctor's offices in making sure certain CRA application forms are completed accurately. This involves following up with clients and doctors as well as knowing what to look for on the forms. Case representatives are trained extensively and the knowledge gained from this translates well to useful information we could all benefit from in our lives.

The company itself is growing but could still be labeled on the smaller side. This is why there isn't necessarily room for advancement however, annual reviews do take place and if you wish to move to a different department, management definitely takes this into consideration.

I have nothing but good things to say about True North and would be happy to continue
  more... a long-term career with them.  less
Pros
You feel like a family, very positive, caring, treats & incentives
Cons
A single thirty-minute break only
Awesome Team!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 September 2018
TNDS has such a great team, everyone works so well together and it truly makes coming to work everyday a lot of fun! Not only that, the job is so rewarding - we get to help so many Canadians.

We often get free lunches based on our proformence, it makes you want to reach your goals!
Pros
Flexible, free lunches, great management
Great Company. Great people.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 August 2018
I’ve been employed by TNDS for about 2 years as a Customer Service Representative.

Previous to joining the team at TNDS I was managing my own business, so I was hesitant to go from working for myself to working for other people. TNDS made the transition easy - I can say that I enjoy coming in to work everyday and I feel genuinely appreciated by management.

Each department works together alongside the managing partners and monthly team meetings are held regarding updates and/or concerns creating a real team work environment. Managing partners and support staff are quick to address matters brought to their attention in a professional and/or reasonable manner.

I’ve never once dreaded getting in my car and driving to the office and after the weekend is over I look forward to seeing my work family.

I love my job - so awesome being a part of a company that was created to help people and has truly made a difference in people’s lives by striving to make positive changes through hard work and dedication.
Pros
Monday to Friday, benefits, paid personal days, flexible hours, positive environment, appreciative management, professionally cleaned and sanitized work spaces - endless coffee
Cons
The fridge, parking lot
My favourite job ever!
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  langley BC12 March 2018
Loved working here. The people, management, and culture was amazing. Due to government stupidity, they had to let people go. I decided to leave on my own because I needed job security at the time. Wish that never happened. :( Would had considered coming back if it was a salary wage. And if it was higher. could not start a family with this wage. And if I got paid for, and got sick days. This was hard because if you were sick or had a doctors appointment you either lost hours or had to make up time. Would have come back for sure if these changes were in place.
Pros
Donuts, team environment, feels like family, benefits, mon-friday standard working hours.
Cons
Hourly not salary, No sick days
A great local company helping people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 March 2018
I have had the pleasure of working with this team through some difficult times. I have been impressed with their dedication to their overall values, ethics and company goals.

This is one of the most caring and flexible management teams I have worked with. Not corporate type environment or culture.

They (three managing partners) are working toward some important goals. They want strong performance and skills within a small, team oriented workplace. They expect consistency with fun and compassionate personalities, and accuracy to give their customers the best experience.

I really appreciate my co-workers, they are a great bunch.
A typical day consists of calling outbound to customers using CRM based applications to document calls and customer information. We follow a systematic process and timeline.
We review and analyze customer needs and documents, while working in a compassionate, professional, and efficient manner to assist the customer through their experience with us.
Pros
They provide basic benefits after a probation, They are strict but flexible, understanding of work life balance, Nice small office atmosphere, Windows all around, Close knit team, Are conscious of building relationships with staff, and have done some very nice things for their staff, believe in great customer service
Cons
Breaks are limited to one 30 min lunch break unpaid
horrible management team, no company structure
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 October 2017
- promised at hiring that you will be given options to move up - doesn't happen.
- no structure or workplace culture
- too much favouritism
- the "management team" (3 owners) does not know how to run a company
- they say they want to make changes but do not implement any changes
- the management does not know how to treat their employees; very rude and one of the managers won't address any of your concerns; no eye contact and very easily are his emotions read and it makes you feel terrible
- very informal place
- not enjoyable to go to work
Pros
they bought lunches sometimes
Cons
read below, so many...
Official response from True North Disability Services
5 January 2018

We appreciate your feedback and will take these things into consideration. However, we ask anyone applying that they do not base their application decision on a single review from a single employee. We are proud of the work we do at True North and do not think this review adequately reflects the working conditions of our company. Potential to move up in the company is based upon performance.

Fun & Energetic Work Environment
CLIENT ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 August 2017
Management is very understanding, very welcoming atmosphere
The management is very helpful,
Very positive atmosphere for those starting off in a call centre atmosphere
Pros
Work hours, 8-4 mon-fri
Cons
No Sick Days
Great Employers
Case Representative (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 July 2017
I was hired last year as a Case Representative and had the pleasure to work for the best employers.

Management team was supportive, encouraging, and patient.

Due to economic hardship they had to downsize and let a few of us go; overall, they are the best caring guys I've worked for.
Pros
Cons
Economic Hardship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at True North Disability Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3