Troyer Ventures Ltd logo
Troyer Ventures Ltd

Troyer Ventures Ltd Employee Reviews

Good company even during hard times

I have worked a Troyer a long time. They are good people who do their best even when things are quiet. They expect people to work hard so if you are a slacker or whiner, better keep looking. Don't listen to all the BS from the guys from GP and GC who got laid off from COVID. BC runs a really good operation and there is lots of work. Do your job right and you will set for a long time.

Pros

Lots of work, good dispatchers

Cons

busy

Not the worst place to work!

I worked at troyer for almost two years on tank side, it's mayhem quite honestly and it never seems to stop. Three different managers, 5 different dispatchers, but somehow they still have the same issues and problems it's astonishing! I was promised it would change but that information came from someone who littlerally sustained those issues for a year, but maybe it will get better.vac side is nice and stable and much better to work for good manager and dispatchers!The shop mechanics are very good aswel, but extremely busy all the time.Overall I had a pretty good experience with troyer, just wish they gave people who have been around a while a little more respect. Expect to earn around 35 a hour without overtime with tank.

Pros

I stayed fairly busy.

Cons

senseless chaos

Summary

I worked there on and off for about 10 years at all branches and everytime your promised the world and then lose everything you own. In the begining it was great but none of those people are there anymore.

Toxic environment

Lost their best drivers due to work environment. Management is arbitrary. Safety is only in lip service. Wages terrible and you'll not like Dispatch

Pros

lots of work

Cons

You get treated horribly

Awful experience

Poor management, dirty crew houses, and all about competition if you don’t mind kissing managements a** everyday you should do fine, I flew across country promised an operator position that never did happen was put in a hotel for a week with no work eating takeout at my own expense, basically everything that was just promised never happened and they also encourage lying on your log all around worst experience I’ve ever had with any company

Pros

Good money

Cons

Management is a nightmare x10

Pay structure horrible

They only care about themselves no matter how long you work for them your only the help!!!!! One of the worst employers out there!!!! Keep on looking the grass is green somewhere else

Know how to suck up

If you like to compete to get hours this is the place to work at just figure out who’s doing most of the call outs and there’s your person to be kissing management doesn’t make sure things are fair it’s about the company not the worker or even team work for that matter

Healthy income

Pay schedule was difficult to line up with pay period cut off which highly affected the overtime paid. Some of the dispatching could have been made simpler and easier. No Christmas bonus. Coworkers made it great to be there

Good place to gain experience

Was working in Grande Cache branch, had very friendly people around, they teach me new tasks, they helped me to become better operator. Average good place to work

Former Employee

I personally don't recommend this place, has a high turnover. The only time its fast paced is when there's work, when there's no work your sitting at home waiting for the next call. I had a very bad experience with this company,!!!

Jobs at Troyer Ventures Ltd

See more jobs

Rewarding and Fast Paced Environment

Troyer belongs to a fast paced environment that rewards hard work. We have a great team of drivers, swampers, mechanics and administrators. Professional development is offered to employees in all positions and management continuously seek new and improved opportunities for our organization. Troyer is focused on a work-life balance and flexible to work around other commitments.

good place to work

Troyer is a very fast paced friendly work place. Management works hard balancing personal and work place requirements for employees. Drivers are well paid and have consistent work throughout the year.

great enviroment, nice people

Troyer Ventures has been a great company to work for, very accommodating work schedule and great money. management and dispatch are great to work for.

Fast Paced work environment with great growth opportunites

Troyer is an excellent employer. I had many opportunities for advancement and was constantly learning through exciting challenges given to me by my manager. Management is engaged and always looking for creative new ways to do business well. The people at Troyer are friendly and respectful and work very hard. The environment is one of healthy striving with lots of fun and laughter. I really value the career experience and growth from working at Troyer

Pros

Great comprehensive benefit package

Cons

As an energy service company they are impacted by industry slow downs

Great Office Workplace

Troyer has an incredible team of office staff and operators to work with. The culture is one of teamwork and striving for excellence. Managers take the time to train and teach those who are newer, and also challenge them to continue growing and improving and stepping forward. They have been flexible and do their best to allow a healthy balance of life and work requirements. Professional development and ongoing training is encouraged for all workers, from top management to laborers and drivers. Appreciation is shown for hard work, and genuine interest and care is given.

Pros

Leadership team, benefits

Cons

Challenging industry

Dont waste your time

Terrible company, equipment is garbage. The company has 20 mechanics and under 30 vac trucks for a reason. Dont waste your time applying here and if you do you will regret it 100%. A bunch of muppets run this company

Cons

Management is a joke

Terrible

No need to really apply here they hire kids out of driving school and really anybody with a heartbeat . Spent 3 years here watching people come and go, destroying equipment. Management is a joke and dispatchers play favorites. When a company cant pay Bill's and credit cards every month shows how mismanaged it is.

Is a good place to Work

Management is good and equipment's are in decent state. an ok place to work. The Mechanics are so efficient and knowledgeable. A good place to learn. Overall, Troyer is an equal opportunity employer.

Pros

great management team

Cons

not so good benefits.

Worst

Moved to fort st john with the promise of consistent work. One month I got, and then I got starved of work. Its a popularity contest working there, dispatchers only give you work if they like you. Dont waste your time applying. And when you do get work they encourage you and show you how to lie on the keep trucking app so you can work illegally.

Cons

No work, old equipment

A great atmosphere to work in

I really enjoyed the atmosphere when I worked for the rec center. I like dealing with people and being helping out for the events that the rec center puts on.

Pros

Free facility memebership

Cons

The pay wasn't very good.

good to work for

good to work for good group of employees nice trucks to work on always busy learnt a lot from them really enjoyed being there but i moved back to be closer to my wife and family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Troyer Ventures Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement