Troyer Ventures Ltd

Troyer Ventures Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
Troyer Ventures Ltd selected this as a representative review
Troyer is an excellent employer. I had many opportunities for advancement and was constantly learning through exciting challenges given to me by my manager. Management is engaged and always looking for creative new ways to do business well. The people at Troyer are friendly and respectful and work very hard. The environment is one of healthy striving with lots of fun and laughter. I really value the career experience and growth from working at Troyer
Pros
Great comprehensive benefit package
Cons
As an energy service company they are impacted by industry slow downs
I worked there on and off for about 10 years at all branches and everytime your promised the world and then lose everything you own. In the begining it was great but none of those people are there anymore.
Lost their best drivers due to work environment. Management is arbitrary. Safety is only in lip service. Wages terrible and you'll not like Dispatch
Pros
lots of work
Cons
You get treated horribly
I have worked a Troyer a long time. They are good people who do their best even when things are quiet. They expect people to work hard so if you are a slacker or whiner, better keep looking. Don't listen to all the BS from the guys from GP and GC who got laid off from COVID. BC runs a really good operation and there is lots of work. Do your job right and you will set for a long time.
Pros
Lots of work, good dispatchers
Cons
busy
Poor management, dirty crew houses, and all about competition if you don’t mind kissing managements a** everyday you should do fine, I flew across country promised an operator position that never did happen was put in a hotel for a week with no work eating takeout at my own expense, basically everything that was just promised never happened and they also encourage lying on your log all around worst experience I’ve ever had with any company
Pros
Good money
Cons
Management is a nightmare x10
They only care about themselves no matter how long you work for them your only the help!!!!! One of the worst employers out there!!!! Keep on looking the grass is green somewhere else
If you like to compete to get hours this is the place to work at just figure out who’s doing most of the call outs and there’s your person to be kissing management doesn’t make sure things are fair it’s about the company not the worker or even team work for that matter
Pay schedule was difficult to line up with pay period cut off which highly affected the overtime paid. Some of the dispatching could have been made simpler and easier. No Christmas bonus. Coworkers made it great to be there
Was working in Grande Cache branch, had very friendly people around, they teach me new tasks, they helped me to become better operator. Average good place to work
I personally don't recommend this place, has a high turnover. The only time its fast paced is when there's work, when there's no work your sitting at home waiting for the next call. I had a very bad experience with this company,!!!
Troyer belongs to a fast paced environment that rewards hard work. We have a great team of drivers, swampers, mechanics and administrators. Professional development is offered to employees in all positions and management continuously seek new and improved opportunities for our organization. Troyer is focused on a work-life balance and flexible to work around other commitments.
Troyer is a very fast paced friendly work place. Management works hard balancing personal and work place requirements for employees. Drivers are well paid and have consistent work throughout the year.
Troyer Ventures has been a great company to work for, very accommodating work schedule and great money. management and dispatch are great to work for.
Troyer has an incredible team of office staff and operators to work with. The culture is one of teamwork and striving for excellence. Managers take the time to train and teach those who are newer, and also challenge them to continue growing and improving and stepping forward. They have been flexible and do their best to allow a healthy balance of life and work requirements. Professional development and ongoing training is encouraged for all workers, from top management to laborers and drivers. Appreciation is shown for hard work, and genuine interest and care is given.
Pros
Leadership team, benefits
Cons
Challenging industry
Terrible company, equipment is garbage. The company has 20 mechanics and under 30 vac trucks for a reason. Dont waste your time applying here and if you do you will regret it 100%. A bunch of muppets run this company
Cons
Management is a joke
No need to really apply here they hire kids out of driving school and really anybody with a heartbeat . Spent 3 years here watching people come and go, destroying equipment. Management is a joke and dispatchers play favorites. When a company cant pay Bill's and credit cards every month shows how mismanaged it is.
Management is good and equipment's are in decent state. an ok place to work. The Mechanics are so efficient and knowledgeable. A good place to learn. Overall, Troyer is an equal opportunity employer.
Pros
great management team
Cons
not so good benefits.
Moved to fort st john with the promise of consistent work. One month I got, and then I got starved of work. Its a popularity contest working there, dispatchers only give you work if they like you. Dont waste your time applying. And when you do get work they encourage you and show you how to lie on the keep trucking app so you can work illegally.
Cons
No work, old equipment
I really enjoyed the atmosphere when I worked for the rec center. I like dealing with people and being helping out for the events that the rec center puts on.
Pros
Free facility memebership
Cons
The pay wasn't very good.
good to work for good group of employees nice trucks to work on always busy learnt a lot from them really enjoyed being there but i moved back to be closer to my wife and family.
Troyer was a fantastic, safe company to work for. They had competitive salary and benefits. The employment was, at times, physically demanding in extreme temperatures. Though difficult at times, it was a very fulfilling job. I am happy to have had the pleasure to work for such great people.
Pros
Meet new people, experience new environments and situations
Cons
Occasional Extreme Long Days, extreme northern temperatures