Trotman Auto Group

Trotman Auto Group Employee Reviews

They will terminate you without any reason

Co workers are very good but the management has no idea how to support or motivate the new team members. Nobody give you any proper training or advice.

Bullying

Found management,,,when they are there very casual about things..swearing was to much,,,,blame the underdog, this is not a bro company but sure feels like it

Pros

Discount on product

Worst Job I've Ever Had

I was really excited to start there but I was already wanting to quit by the end of the first week. The training was horrible. They would show you something once or twice and expect you to be an expert. They would tell you they are there to help you, but when you asked for help, they would either not know the answer themselves, or be surprised you don't know the answer yourself. I cried more there than I ever did in all my previous jobs combined. I went from happy and excited to miserable and depressed in little more than a week. The management team consists of a bunch of dude bros, who rarely have the answers to any question you have. They treat the sales team like gold, and everyone else is just there to do the hard work for them after the sale is done. Not to mention the constant drama, backstabbing, gossip, and manipulation. I've never rated a job before, but I felt an overwhelming urge to share my story of my terrible experience at Abbotsford Chrysler. My hope is they will read this and do something to change their training practices and expectations of new staff, as well as try to make the atmosphere enjoyable for staff, not just customers visiting "the fun store", so the next person to join their team doesn't go through the same thing.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Poor training, poor management, gossip, impossible expectations

Homophobic.

Long story short, a manager on the team, when I worked here, didn’t “understand my lifestyle”; as in he is an Eastern European man who is intolerant to modern cultural differences, and he learned from other staff I grew close with that I am of the 🏳️‍🌈 community. I am discrete, respectful, and did my job, but those who discriminate based on s*xual preferences don’t care once they have identified this of you. They attempted to alienate other staff, and it lead to me having to part from this employer. (Censored so it can post)

Pros

Other staff are friendly, usually decent parking, pay is fair though you need to work for leads.

Cons

Discrimination went unspoken of, and unpunished.

Worst Place to work

Over promise, NO training given. If you are planning to apply kindly dont but still if you are willing to waste your time sure go ahead and apply. They will waste you time, skill and demoralize you . No one is graduated there including the managers. So there is no leadership there but you will find bosses who doesn't know the meaning of training, coaching and empathy. They will expect you to know everything (because they have no knowledge about multi tasking and their own products) and for god sake if you will ask help they will judge you and will make a gang against you.

Cons

they collect money for lunches, no appreciation, long hours, partial management, favoritism, biased, over promise.

love my job

I enjoy working at Langley Chrysler the people are great to work with and the owners are awesome I been working with them for many years and I love it .

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

can get busy and involves fast pace

Horrible toxic environment

Horrible horrible toxic environment stay far far away management is horrible owners are horrible they take the salesman and compete each other terrible pay always always paying as a little commission as possible on every vehicle specially new $125 flat.

Lot Attendant

An average shift at Langley Chrysler as a Lot Attendant consisted of moving vehicles around the lot, fueling sold vehicles and picking up customers and other vehicles from around the Lower Mainland.

Productive and Fun

Good management and tools available to complete your tasks, trust and freedom from the management team to solve problems in creative ways. Fun culture part of their brand.

Terrible experience with this company

Terrible experience with this company. I worked so much overtime that I ended up having to quit my job in order to get my overtime pay. I also had to go after them for my holiday pay. In the office upstairs they’re Running short staffed. Everyone has to work overtime in order to meet the deadlines. Unfair work Practises

Relaxing environment

Generally a pretty relaxing environment. Everyone in the dealership knows each other. I enjoyed my time there and if they opened a dealership in Chilliwack I would get in contact again.

Pros

A lot of company lunches and special event days like Halloween and Christmas

Fun Workplace

Trotman Auto Group is a wonderful place to work at. They provide great training and set you up to be successful in your role. You will continuously learn new skills and knowledge that will help you meet all your goals. Overall it is a very inviting and friendly environment to be in.

Productive and fun workplace

good detail crew, fun to be around, very productive

Pros

Good working space

economically minded

although the company appears to be progressive and forward, it is not all as it appears. Good social structure, Wages and salaries are not reviewed on a regular basis. Rewards for performance are debatable.

Pros

open concept

Cons

high demands for log hours

Very negative, and treat staff poorly

I worked and sold for these guys for longer than i wanted to. It was the worst experience in my life. They have a click and if you dont fit in your life will be horrible. This is the kind of company you definitely want to as them for references. Tell them to get you a list of past employees and see for yourself. Most companies have a few jaded employees but this company I am certain you will find ALL prior employees left for the same reason. Get references before you commit I promise you

Pros

Nice building

Cons

Owners & upper management

J'aime trvaille mais je ne trouvé toujours pas du travaille

J'aime trvaille vraiment aidé moi à trouvé du travaille

Pros

J'adore tout sorte du repas moi

Cons

C'est maux de tête seulement qui me dérange de fois

Toxic environment filled with favortism

Managment at the Abbotsford stores treat their employees like property. It is very toxic unless you are friends with the managers outside of work. They give special treatment to certain people and treat eveeyone else like garbage. Save yourself the trouble and stay away

Pros

Lunch provided on sale days

Cons

Mannagement, culture, pretty much everything

Great Group to work for!!

Fun and fast paced environment to work in with lots of room for advancement. Great management and training structure. Sure makes it easier to get up and come to work in the morning.

Pros

fun, free lunch, growth potential

Cons

limited parking

Absolutely love my job

"Find a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life." Great people to work for, they genuinely care about their hundreds of employees and are actively involved. Our culture and values are very important to us, always going to find a bad apple in any workplace but overall a great place to work.

Pros

company events, fun workplace.

Cons

parking is limited

Best Auto Group in the Business!

I've had the opportunity to work with several auto groups and can honestly say this is the best auto group in the entire industry - not only from a business perspective, but culturally, morally, and ethically. This comes right from the top. The Trotman's truly care about their customers and their employees. Another big benefit is the opportunity for internal growth. TAG is a big believer in promoting internally and growing their own people first, then hiring externally second. They do a ton to support their team personally and professionally.

Pros

Growth Opportunity

Cons

Too Much Fun :)

Do not work here.

Very poor management, they bully employees, Job security is basically from Month to month. They tell you you're going to make lots of money but that's farthest from the truth. Not allowed to speak up for yourself or have an opinion. Do as I say culture. You are kept in dark about everything.

Pros

free saturday lunch

Cons

Managers have poor management skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trotman Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9