Trotman Auto Group Employee Reviews

Wonderful company
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC19 October 2018
I have worked here for almost 15 years. There is a lot of growth potential if you show your worth from the beginning. The saying "dress for the job you want, not the one you have" is true. Always work to reach the next level. You put in the time and effort you will grow within the company.
Cheers to many more years!
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
Open Sundays
Very negative, and treat staff poorly
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  BC2 August 2018
I worked and sold for these guys for longer than i wanted to. It was the worst experience in my life. They have a click and if you dont fit in your life will be horrible. This is the kind of company you definitely want to as them for references. Tell them to get you a list of past employees and see for yourself. Most companies have a few jaded employees but this company I am certain you will find ALL prior employees left for the same reason. Get references before you commit I promise you
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Owners & upper management
J'aime trvaille mais je ne trouvé toujours pas du travaille
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC4 June 2018
J'aime trvaille vraiment aidé moi à trouvé du travaille
Pros
J'adore tout sorte du repas moi
Cons
C'est maux de tête seulement qui me dérange de fois
Toxic environment filled with favortism
Sales (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 May 2018
Managment at the Abbotsford stores treat their employees like property. It is very toxic unless you are friends with the managers outside of work. They give special treatment to certain people and treat eveeyone else like garbage. Save yourself the trouble and stay away
Pros
Lunch provided on sale days
Cons
Mannagement, culture, pretty much everything
Great Group to work for!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC4 May 2018
Fun and fast paced environment to work in with lots of room for advancement. Great management and training structure. Sure makes it easier to get up and come to work in the morning.
Pros
fun, free lunch, growth potential
Cons
limited parking
Absolutely love my job
Financial services (Current Employee) –  Langley20 April 2018
"Find a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life."

Great people to work for, they genuinely care about their hundreds of employees and are actively involved. Our culture and values are very important to us, always going to find a bad apple in any workplace but overall a great place to work.
Pros
company events, fun workplace.
Cons
parking is limited
Best Auto Group in the Business!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 April 2018
I've had the opportunity to work with several auto groups and can honestly say this is the best auto group in the entire industry - not only from a business perspective, but culturally, morally, and ethically. This comes right from the top. The Trotman's truly care about their customers and their employees.

Another big benefit is the opportunity for internal growth. TAG is a big believer in promoting internally and growing their own people first, then hiring externally second. They do a ton to support their team personally and professionally.
Pros
Growth Opportunity
Cons
Too Much Fun :)
Do not work here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC11 April 2018
Very poor management, they bully employees, Job security is basically from Month to month. They tell you you're going to make lots of money but that's farthest from the truth. Not allowed to speak up for yourself or have an opinion. Do as I say culture. You are kept in dark about everything.
Pros
free saturday lunch
Cons
Managers have poor management skills
Not Like Other Dealerships
Administration (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 April 2018
Great place to work! They really care about their staff and ensure that you receive the proper training that you need to be successful in your role. The team is very supportive and always willing to help you. There's lots of room for opportunities to move around within the Group too.
Pros
Training, Benefits
Bad ownership and liars
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 March 2018
I'm telling you. They will tell you anything to get you to work there. Seriously run for your life. Do not be fooled. This was my first and last mistake was going to work for the Trotmans
Cons
Great place to work for! (doesn't feel like work when it's this fun)
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 January 2018
Great culture, awesome staff to work with and management is always willing to help. It feels like a family environment working at this dealership.

I moved unfortunately and started working at another dealership and am really considering moving back just because of this dealership!
Pros
Great support from every, very friendly
Cons
work sundays sometimes
Do As I Say And You Are Not Allowed To Have An Opinion
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 January 2018
If you want;
- A narcissistic team lead
- Unpaid 1 to 2 hour meetings every Friday, Even if your off
- No balance of work/home life
- Job threatened
Pros
Free Satuday Lunch
Cons
Long Hours, Bullying Tactics
Toxic and Terrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hyundai11 December 2017
Extremely toxic environment. Management is all about their egos. I worked there for a year and hated every minute.

Just stay away, for your own sanity!

The pay rate is awful too.
Do not work for the Trotman Autogroup
Bdc (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC5 December 2017
Horriable place/ company to work for do not be fooled. I worked here two years and there was no room for advancement. False promises and strung me along as long as they could. Don't work for any of their stores !!!!
Cons
Fun and exciting place to work.
Deal Processor (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 November 2017
I have worked there currently for 11 years. They have multiple opportunities that arise from the always expanding auto group. If there is a position you are interested in or would just like to try they will accommodate you as much as they can.
Toxic
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 August 2017
A certain manager needs to check her ego at the door because she emphasizes everything wrong with dealerships creating a toxic enviroment of backstabbing, favoritism.
Pros
Benefitrs
Cons
Manager
leaned alot
Customer service and transactions (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC4 August 2017
did my work exerprance learned a lot in what involved in being a dealership and the different position make up the service department haw team work is important
Friendly culture despite the competitive nature of the sales floor.
Sales & Lease Consultant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 April 2017
Decent place to work. The longer you stay at work the more you can make. Not much work/life balance. Bonuses and Spiffs are a struggle to attain. Commissions are average.

You need to put up sales consistently to make a living here. Most people will quit because of not obtaining this consistency.

Management and Owners are all good people in general and have an open door policy and training is great.
Very nice co-workers
Lot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC22 March 2017
The typical day can be very slow and boring or it can be extremely busy and stressful. I learned the essence of good work ethic. Very nice place to work, good manager. The hardest part of the job would be continuing to find work for yourself when there is nothing else to do. The job can be fun and fulfilling if you go into it with the right mindset.
Pros
Free company lunch on the last friday of every month and most saturdays.
Cons
Stressful and annoying
Administration (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 August 2016
Trotman Auto Group is a great place to work and grow your career. The stores have a fun atmosphere and the people are great, I enjoy coming to work each day. Every day is different, which is something I like.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trotman Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.