Trotman Auto Group

Trotman Auto Group Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
An average shift at Langley Chrysler as a Lot Attendant consisted of moving vehicles around the lot, fueling sold vehicles and picking up customers and other vehicles from around the Lower Mainland.
Long story short, a manager on the team, when I worked here, didn’t “understand my lifestyle”; as in he is an Eastern European man who is intolerant to modern cultural differences, and he learned from other staff I grew close with that I am of the 🏳️‍🌈 community. I am discrete, respectful, and did my job, but those who discriminate based on s*xual preferences don’t care once they have identified this of you. They attempted to alienate other staff, and it lead to me having to part from this employer. (Censored so it can post)
Pros
Other staff are friendly, usually decent parking, pay is fair though you need to work for leads.
Cons
Discrimination went unspoken of, and unpunished.
Over promise, NO training given. If you are planning to apply kindly dont but still if you are willing to waste your time sure go ahead and apply. They will waste you time, skill and demoralize you . No one is graduated there including the managers. So there is no leadership there but you will find bosses who doesn't know the meaning of training, coaching and empathy. They will expect you to know everything (because they have no knowledge about multi tasking and their own products) and for god sake if you will ask help they will judge you and will make a gang against you.
Cons
they collect money for lunches, no appreciation, long hours, partial management, favoritism, biased, over promise.
I enjoy working at Langley Chrysler the people are great to work with and the owners are awesome I been working with them for many years and I love it .
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
can get busy and involves fast pace
Horrible horrible toxic environment stay far far away management is horrible owners are horrible they take the salesman and compete each other terrible pay always always paying as a little commission as possible on every vehicle specially new $125 flat.
Good management and tools available to complete your tasks, trust and freedom from the management team to solve problems in creative ways. Fun culture part of their brand.
Terrible experience with this company. I worked so much overtime that I ended up having to quit my job in order to get my overtime pay. I also had to go after them for my holiday pay. In the office upstairs they’re Running short staffed. Everyone has to work overtime in order to meet the deadlines. Unfair work Practises
Generally a pretty relaxing environment.
Everyone in the dealership knows each other.

I enjoyed my time there and if they opened a dealership in Chilliwack I would get in contact again.
Pros
A lot of company lunches and special event days like Halloween and Christmas
Trotman Auto Group is a wonderful place to work at. They provide great training and set you up to be successful in your role. You will continuously learn new skills and knowledge that will help you meet all your goals. Overall it is a very inviting and friendly environment to be in.
good detail crew, fun to be around, very productive
Pros
Good working space
although the company appears to be progressive and forward, it is not all as it appears. Good social structure,
Wages and salaries are not reviewed on a regular basis. Rewards for performance are debatable.
Pros
open concept
Cons
high demands for log hours
I have worked here for almost 15 years. There is a lot of growth potential if you show your worth from the beginning. The saying "dress for the job you want, not the one you have" is true. Always work to reach the next level. You put in the time and effort you will grow within the company.
Cheers to many more years!
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
Open Sundays
I worked and sold for these guys for longer than i wanted to. It was the worst experience in my life. They have a click and if you dont fit in your life will be horrible. This is the kind of company you definitely want to as them for references. Tell them to get you a list of past employees and see for yourself. Most companies have a few jaded employees but this company I am certain you will find ALL prior employees left for the same reason. Get references before you commit I promise you
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Owners & upper management
J'aime trvaille vraiment aidé moi à trouvé du travaille
Pros
J'adore tout sorte du repas moi
Cons
C'est maux de tête seulement qui me dérange de fois
Managment at the Abbotsford stores treat their employees like property. It is very toxic unless you are friends with the managers outside of work. They give special treatment to certain people and treat eveeyone else like garbage. Save yourself the trouble and stay away
Pros
Lunch provided on sale days
Cons
Mannagement, culture, pretty much everything
Fun and fast paced environment to work in with lots of room for advancement. Great management and training structure. Sure makes it easier to get up and come to work in the morning.
Pros
fun, free lunch, growth potential
Cons
limited parking
"Find a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life."

Great people to work for, they genuinely care about their hundreds of employees and are actively involved. Our culture and values are very important to us, always going to find a bad apple in any workplace but overall a great place to work.
Pros
company events, fun workplace.
Cons
parking is limited
I've had the opportunity to work with several auto groups and can honestly say this is the best auto group in the entire industry - not only from a business perspective, but culturally, morally, and ethically. This comes right from the top. The Trotman's truly care about their customers and their employees.

Another big benefit is the opportunity for internal growth. TAG is a big believer in promoting internally and growing their own people first, then hiring externally second. They do a ton to support their team personally and professionally.
Pros
Growth Opportunity
Cons
Too Much Fun :)
Very poor management, they bully employees, Job security is basically from Month to month. They tell you you're going to make lots of money but that's farthest from the truth. Not allowed to speak up for yourself or have an opinion. Do as I say culture. You are kept in dark about everything.
Pros
free saturday lunch
Cons
Managers have poor management skills
Great place to work! They really care about their staff and ensure that you receive the proper training that you need to be successful in your role. The team is very supportive and always willing to help you. There's lots of room for opportunities to move around within the Group too.
Pros
Training, Benefits
I'm telling you. They will tell you anything to get you to work there. Seriously run for your life. Do not be fooled. This was my first and last mistake was going to work for the Trotmans
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trotman Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.