Trophy Foods Inc
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Trophy Foods Inc Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews

lotemployeeplacepeoplemanagementtimedaycompany

Very good place to work.They give lots of giveaways almost every week.Vacation policy not good , only 2weeks and no carry forward to next year.They give profit sharing once in a year around 1000$.Give more importance to safety

Productive and fun place to work.

I worked here on a temporary contract and I have to admit this company is amazing to work for. The owner is such a great guy, easy to talk to. The managers are nice and helpful. Like all places there are few people who intentionally cause drama, but it's easy enough to avoid them. I high recommend working here if you can. It's a great experience.

Insights into Trophy Foods Inc

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Productive and interesting workplace

Learned a lot while there, team was super helpful and friendly during the learning process and throughout my time there. Staff engagement was great with birthday cake days and different events like bbq’s to bring the team together!

Friendly environment

This is perfect place for work because environment is neat and clean. Proper management for safety for employees and also give pay on the time. All employees work as a family in the company

Pros

Safety maintaince

Do not work here

Completely ridiculous culture all smiles in your face but daggers in your back machine operators won’t teach new people I hope you speak the local languages

Afternoons was great

working with the afternoon people was great they were relaxed but still got work done, but the day shift thought they were top of the top kissing up to the supervisor

Pros

working with people on afternoon shift

Nice team

My first job in when I came to Canada ,it's had my experience of Canadian I got from here .Good team and all employee well good pay as well , good benefit

Creative and semi - professional work environment

My review in general as Trophy Foods is a good place to work. As on the basis of my personal experience. The management and specifically the H R is a big 👎down. They terminated my Employment without any reasonable cause.That is a biggest injustice they have done to me to stop a bread and butter into my household. I have a dependent spouse my wife,can't work because she is very I'll and sensitive health condition. This is a big time shame on the part of Trophy Foods as an Employer.

Pros

Icecream day and barbecue day

Cons

Average standard shift duration

Trophy will suck the life out of you!!!

What a joke!!! No regard to food safety. Product on floor packaged anyways for human consumption. Individuals putting bare hands into product. Found dead moths and rodent excrement on and around skids of product reported and nothing done!!! If you enjoy peanuts and candy think again. Unsafe health and safety practices. But those employees are their stars. This place should be investigated and/or closed down!!!

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Productive Workplace

Multicultural workplace, reporting at the end of the shift. Have lots of possibilities for mistakes as multiple lines are working together and workload is not divided.

Pros

Busy

Cons

Stressful

Enjoyable workplace

Fast paced environment but very easy to get along with everyone. Management, plant workers, and office workers are very kind. Learned a lot about GMP and its importance.

Egoistic Maintenace Manager

Have no clue depend upon monkeys for feedback about the floor activities . ther is no work etics and parts in stock and using labours as slaves .cheap mentality ,HR has no say to actions . Saftey is just a show off.

Wonderful place to work

Great place with good management. Get to learn new things everyday under supervision of highly experienced superiors. Employees get appreciation for their work

Still Growing

50 plus years in the industry, still growing and always getting better. Ownership which has seen where they can improve and made major changes in benefits which ensures all team members are taken care of.

Safety is bad here

I would not recommend anyone to work here . People are very unsafe here , management favor guy's who work overtime,just a bad place all around and very unorganized warehouse.

generally a decent place to work

I was only working ther for a couple months but it was a faced paced work environment with very little breaktime, management was sound, it was conveniently located close to my house in Brampton

Great company to work

It was a great time to work here but there no good management system and it is very fast paced environment to work but they pay good in comparison to other companies.

Strong IT Team

Job security is non existent. Great people who are fun to work with. Incredible IT team who are very supported even if the support is out of their job description.

Horrible wanted to quit after 1st hour

The 1st day I saw machine operators & mechanics eating directly from what was going to customers I lost my appetite for snacks that instant. I complained & little to nothing was done about it. Then it got worst because it was thilfty & moldy. I saw less than 10% of employees wash their hands before handling food . Yet the same employees took time to wash before they ate on breaks.

Lack of Safety/Communication/Organization

I have tolerated and put my safety on the line for the sake of my job one too many times at Trophy Foods that it went as far as recently signing a waver of agreement when washing bins because of an accident report(s). My efforts even in times of deadlines, i wouldn't take my breaks because i was overwhelmed and still managed to get my assignment done but most of my hard work went unnoticed and disregard. And there's nobody to say i did a good job at the end of the day with words of encouragement that Trophy Foods lacks for the people who work within this high risk environment. The Mental stress of this position alone has had alot of turnarounds with hiring for Material Handlers and people within days or same day quit. It's a very frustrating job as iv'e seen with my own eyes with reckless driver smashing into things, puncturing bags and not cleaning up after themselves makes for slippery conditions for all drivers to collide and hit anything obstructing the way. The environment is careless therefore it has a negative impact on others to have careless behavior. I'm never seen anything like it and not to mention the disorganized inventory system with ghost products that don't exist has us running around looking for nothing with a lot of "down time" for something that should have been deleted..destroyed. there's more like this making the task at hand very frustrating for any new employee coming aboard. There needs to be more done to appreciate the spirit of the people who work within that make this company the success that it is today and uplift them with words of encouragement -

New managment team is very unorganized and unprofessional

I worked at trophy foods for just under 3 years, 2 1/2 years were absolutely perfect, the last 8 month i worked there under the new General manager the entire work enviroment became unorganized. When things are organized properly and the work orders are processed to the correct people it was not to bad of a work environment, But since the new General manager took over everything had gone down hill, There is no respect and tons of in fighting, unorganized and horrible communication, supervisors are biased to results so you could be breaking the health and safety code and be reported but if your production numbers are high they pretend it never happened, the atmosphere there is pretty friendly but when i was there i definitely noticed some racisn going on, maybe not verbally or directly but if you were to be trained on a machine as an outsider (not the same nationality as them) you would receive subpar training, if you were the same nationality as them they go above and beyond to explain things to you to ensure their nationality gets the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trophy Foods Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement