Trophy Foods Inc

Canada40 reviews
Featured review
Trophy Foods Inc selected this as a representative review
Enjoyable workplace
Fast paced environment but very easy to get along with everyone. Management, plant workers, and office workers are very kind. Learned a lot about GMP and its importance.
Egoistic Maintenace Manager
Have no clue depend upon monkeys for feedback about the floor activities . ther is no work etics and parts in stock and using labours as slaves .cheap mentality ,HR has no say to actions . Saftey is just a show off.
Wonderful place to work
Great place with good management. Get to learn new things everyday under supervision of highly experienced superiors. Employees get appreciation for their work
Still Growing
50 plus years in the industry, still growing and always getting better.
Ownership which has seen where they can improve and made major changes in benefits which ensures all team members are taken care of.
Safety is bad here
I would not recommend anyone to work here . People are very unsafe here , management favor guy's who work overtime,just a bad place all around and very unorganized warehouse.
generally a decent place to work
I was only working ther for a couple months but it was a faced paced work environment with very little breaktime, management was sound, it was conveniently located close to my house in Brampton
Great company to work
It was a great time to work here but there no good management system and it is very fast paced environment to work but they pay good in comparison to other companies.
Strong IT Team
Job security is non existent. Great people who are fun to work with. Incredible IT team who are very supported even if the support is out of their job description.
Horrible wanted to quit after 1st hour
The 1st day I saw machine operators & mechanics eating directly from what was going to customers I lost my appetite for snacks that instant. I complained & little to nothing was done about it. Then it got worst because it was thilfty & moldy. I saw less than 10% of employees wash their hands before handling food . Yet the same employees took time to wash before they ate on breaks.
Lack of Safety/Communication/Organization
I have tolerated and put my safety on the line for the sake of my job one too many times at Trophy Foods that it went as far as recently signing a waver of agreement when washing bins because of an accident report(s). My efforts even in times of deadlines, i wouldn't take my breaks because i was overwhelmed and still managed to get my assignment done but most of my hard work went unnoticed and disregard. And there's nobody to say i did a good job at the end of the day with words of encouragement that Trophy Foods lacks for the people who work within this high risk environment. The Mental stress of this position alone has had alot of turnarounds with hiring for Material Handlers and people within days or same day quit. It's a very frustrating job as iv'e seen with my own eyes with reckless driver smashing into things, puncturing bags and not cleaning up after themselves makes for slippery conditions for all drivers to collide and hit anything obstructing the way. The environment is careless therefore it has a negative impact on others to have careless behavior. I'm never seen anything like it and not to mention the disorganized inventory system with ghost products that don't exist has us running around looking for nothing with a lot of "down time" for something that should have been deleted..destroyed. there's more like this making the task at hand very frustrating for any new employee coming aboard. There needs to be more done to appreciate the spirit of the people who work within that make this company the success that it is today and uplift them with words of encouragement - more...
New managment team is very unorganized and unprofessional
I worked at trophy foods for just under 3 years, 2 1/2 years were absolutely perfect, the last 8 month i worked there under the new General manager the entire work enviroment became unorganized.

When things are organized properly and the work orders are processed to the correct people it was not to bad of a work environment, But since the new General manager took over everything had gone down hill, There is no respect and tons of in fighting, unorganized and horrible communication, supervisors are biased to results so you could be breaking the health and safety code and be reported but if your production numbers are high they pretend it never happened, the atmosphere there is pretty friendly but when i was there i definitely noticed some racisn going on, maybe not verbally or directly but if you were to be trained on a machine as an outsider (not the same nationality as them) you would receive subpar training, if you were the same nationality as them they go above and beyond to explain things to you to ensure their nationality gets the job.
Trophy Foods
A great place to work. Very fast paced. Informing, team players, benefits. If you don't know how to do something any worker at the company will help you and explain what to do.
This Place Would Be Nice...If It Wasn't For The Management
I worked at Trophy for a few years and in the beginning it was a good place to work. People were kind, management was agreeable, and other than the usual tiring feeling at the end of the work day, it was not a bad place to work. But since the new management has come in, things have gone from good to bad. Workers are overworked, we are understaffed for the kind of orders that we are given and a lot of good people have either been fired or quit. I hope it is a pacing phase because the people I worked with were good and hard-working individuals, which was a silver lining for that now questionable workplace.
Productive and fun workplace!
The company supports growth and development in all employees. The leaders believe in honesty and compassion, each of them willing to coach their employees.
With the leadership team trying to improve the culture in the company, it is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
Leadership team, work-life balance
Cons
I still can't find one
Has potential but falls short of being an enjoyable place to work
Alot to learn, overload of work that gets passed down by others who are not doing their job in entirety. Management is a mess with trying to train and hire. Higher ups can be very condescending and passive aggressive with responses. Office culture does not exist.
Small management group
The team at Trophy is small and very lean. Senior management does a good job and getting everyone engaged. Support is limited but a self-starter will have great success.
no one know what is going on communication wise
do not work for trophy. not enough money for equipment and they have other people doing other jobs don't don't involve their job description. management is shady and there is no communication. no proper training is given. one person takes on more work then others.
Pros
there is none
Cons
toxic enviroment
Great place to work with
Very good experience, lots of learning! and great people to work with. I found people from every department very helpful and friendly.Most enjoyable place to work at.
Pros
Flex Hours (Office Employees), Benefits from 1st day
its okay
not enough opportunity...not very young people friendly, more locations are needed. learning experience is great, very clean and respectable individuals
Culture is very unsafe
I worked there for four years. There were times when I almost got injured because the forklift drivers would drive very fast through the plant. They seem to not care about the employees, only the production. Every month someone gets hurt and they like to keep you on the payroll and not report it. Just a unsafe bad environment to work in.
Pros
Management is very unorganized
Cons
Someone is always getting hurt.
Really
Not a bad place just can not get help when you are asking managers are all the same everywhere. ..................................................
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trophy Foods Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8