Trojan Safety Services

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Lots of work available if you want to put in the hours for a decent paycheque

Older, established company that is well know in Northern BC so lots of work flows through this company. Lots of work available if you want to put in the hours and make a decent paycheque.

Everything is pretty fair

Honestly it’s oilfield work, so could be slow could be working everyday. You got questions you call. Everyone usually gets along, need days off, give them a heads up usually pretty good as well. Pay could be much better for some and dropped for others.

Very rewarding!

Honestly I can’t say enough about Trojan. I have been treated so well by management, our equipment is top of the line, and the pay is by far the best! Trojan provides safety personnel for the oil field, which is forever changing, so you need to be hard working and adaptable. You treat them well, they treat you well, which is all I can ask from my employer ☺️ I have never been so happy.

Pros

Good money, great management, good equipment

Cons

SOME people may find the long hours cons to the job, but I personally love it!

Ok if you are single with no family

Good job, super layback and relax if nothing major happens. Horrible work/life balance, some management staff are STUDPID and have never been in the field. So they do not really understand when you have a problem and usually you have to figure it out yourself.

Pros

Good co-workers, good money

Cons

Managemen, LONG HOURS/DAYS. Work out of town 98% of the time. Never local

They don't care about you

You get long hours. Inconsistent work. Subpar pay. You can't have a life or a family or anything if you work for this company. Stay away. It's not worth it. If you leave for personal reasons you don't get paid what you should be paid.

Great Place to Work

I been with Trojan Safety Services for 10+ years working as a medic this company has afforded me a great life and for that I'm thankful. If you work hard and that ethic shows there is room for advancement management notices. It is a young management team and yes there is room for learning and improving. I see the negative comments and one would just have to assume a disgruntled employee posting over and over how terrible this company is. I would just like to say that it's NOT, you get what you put in just like any other job. This job is not for everyone and for those that stick it out, there are rewards. THANK YOU TROJAN SAFETY SERVICES TEAM TROJAN

Pros

Lots of work

consistant work

- up at 5 / check in workers / toolbox meetings / do risk assessment / check inventory / administer first aid when needed and complete and submit paperwork / sign out workers / 12 hr shift - learned dynamics of job - management was always available - can be camp culture or daily shift staying in motel - isolation / being away from home for 21 - 28 days - enjoyed meeting people and being able to help someone

Pros

good pay

Cons

isolated

Not a restrictive corporation

It's a small family business run by familly type people. The corporate ladder is very short and advancment can take many years. People come and get what they need to futher future careers and move on, or they stick around and do what they are passonate about. You can make your own way if you have that initiative

Pros

Pay is high for the work performed

Cons

Hazardous work at times

Ups and downs

When it's busy, it's great. When it's slow you have to have a consultant who likes you and wants you on the site, otherwise you won't be working again for a while.

Lots of work. humorous management.

Trojan has long stints of work where you can be away for up to 21 days at a time. For a bachelor that likes to work this is the place for you. Management is friendly and can be joked around with while still being proffesional. Makes for a nice work enviroment.

Pros

Free lunch at saftey meetings. Lots of training. Lots of hours. Living allowance when in a hotel.

Cons

Long hours. Unpredictable hours.

Positive additudes in the office. New, clean and well maintained equipment in the field

Trojan has an excellent training base and offers employees the ability to diversify their skill set with in house training. A great feature which will increase your employability if work gets slow in your first job scope. Working in the oil patch always has its ups and downs, no matter where you work. Long hours and last minute gigs are part of the job. When the oil company calls a service company needing services now, you have to do what's necessary to fill the job. Trojans office staff does the leg work to make sure you have everything you need to get you going on a job. If long hours, long drives, short notice gigs and making great money isn't for you, I hear walmart is hiring. If you're a competent employee who takes pride in your work they go the extra mile to make sure you're happy. A positive additude goes really far in this industry. You need a strong work ethic to enjoy this type of work, and the people who have it, love this job.

Pros

Work as much as you want, great pay, knowledgeable and helpful management

Cons

Typical oil and gas cons.

New place everyday

Good pay, you get to see a new place almost everyday. Lots of driving lots a sitting. you have to remember to keep sharp on your skills as a medic on your own and always be watching whats going on around you. This can be hard because you get board just looking out the windsheild.

Great employer

I have been a certified OFA level 3 since 1985 and love the long hours and pay of camp work. I would like to maintain working as a first aid attendant for many years to come.

Pros

Lots of hours, great staff and equipment

A good starting point

Trojan is a good place to start your career in the oilfied as they offer training and support. They have good equipment, knowledgable supervisors a good health and safety culture.

Very large company

I worked for this company for 11 years, during that time the company growth was massive. I felt I became a number instead of a name. Overall, the company did not have much support for their staff in a field situation and the hours were very long.

Pros

Plenty of work

Cons

Very long hours, not enough employee support, no room for advancement.

Excellent place to work, very professional and organized, I would still be working there if it were not for the hours required, not for a single mom.

Pros

Sub offered on most jobs, well organized

no schedule

They did not have a schedule, on call 24/7. I was an on call fire fighter

Pros

good people

Cons

no shift all on call work 24/7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trojan Safety Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement