Trojan Safety Services

Trojan Safety Services Management reviews

Canada49 reviews

Clear

Ok if you are single with no family

Good job, super layback and relax if nothing major happens. Horrible work/life balance, some management staff are STUDPID and have never been in the field. So they do not really understand when you have a problem and usually you have to figure it out yourself.

Pros

Good co-workers, good money

Cons

Managemen, LONG HOURS/DAYS. Work out of town 98% of the time. Never local

Very rewarding!

Honestly I can’t say enough about Trojan. I have been treated so well by management, our equipment is top of the line, and the pay is by far the best! Trojan provides safety personnel for the oil field, which is forever changing, so you need to be hard working and adaptable. You treat them well, they treat you well, which is all I can ask from my employer ☺️ I have never been so happy.

Pros

Good money, great management, good equipment

Cons

SOME people may find the long hours cons to the job, but I personally love it!

Good company to work for

They are willing to hire someone with their base tickets if it seems like they will be reliable. Middle management is pretty good at the GP branch and will take care of you, upper management on the other hand seems to be pretty disconnected from reality. Dispatch was alright sometimes and once you prove they can count on you, you will be sent out a lot if you want. If they like you they will take care of you.

Total anger and laughable

At no time have I ever experienced such a comical company to work for. The management you have to laugh off or you'll go insane with their way of thinking, planning and general way of speaking. No training required, just thrown in an MTC and sent off into the wild. Trucks are written off annually. No bonuses and expected to jump at every call for work with no notices. I've heard they give a $100 gift card for groceries which I didn't stay around for.....

Pros

Laughing behind managements back

Cons

No bonuses, low pay

15 May 2019
We're sorry to hear you had such a poor experience working for us. Seeing what you've posted here, I can certainly appreciate why you would feel the way you do. If you are able and willing, it would be great to connect on a different forum to discuss your comment about not having any training. Our company policy is to never put anyone in that situation regardless of experience in the industry. In regards to your remaining comments, it's important to note that though we are not perfect in our goal of zero accidents, we do have one of the best safety programs in the industry, and have reduced driving related incidents significantly over the years. We recognize it is the most dangerous part of every job in the oil and gas industry, and work extremely hard to ensure the safety of each and every one of our team members. This includes utilizing a GPS tracking system to ensure safe speeds are maintained, and helps when people get lost, and need help with directions. In regards to bonuses, we operate the same as most other companies in the industry, in that we pay a fair hourly, or day rate.As far as short notice, it may be that someone didn't ensure you understood the nature of the industry. The industry is not perfect, and often we receive contracts at the last minute, which requires for us to be able to count on our field staff to respond, and attend the contract. This is extremely common in our part of the industry, and someone should have ensured you were aware of that prior to beginning employment. I am happy to discuss any and all of these issues directly with you, given the -

Great Environment

Happy to say I’ve worked at Trojan for well over a year now. They have been very flexible with my schedule and have given me the opportunity to learn and grown in my position. Management has been very approachable and listen to any concerns and try to find solutions.

Pros

Dog friendly and free lunches at safety meetings

14 March 2019
Rachel, it has been a pleasure working with you over the past year. You have easily been one of the best receptionists we've ever had. Your friendly attitude and outstanding work ethic are just a few of the wonderful things you bring to our organization. Thank you for all you do, and I look forward to continuing working with you into the future.

Junk

Horrible place to work. Manegment sucks and treated with so much disrespect. Some times the guys that run that gong show should really open there eyes and treat there people better.

Great Place to Work

I been with Trojan Safety Services for 10+ years working as a medic this company has afforded me a great life and for that I'm thankful. If you work hard and that ethic shows there is room for advancement management notices. It is a young management team and yes there is room for learning and improving. I see the negative comments and one would just have to assume a disgruntled employee posting over and over how terrible this company is. I would just like to say that it's NOT, you get what you put in just like any other job. This job is not for everyone and for those that stick it out, there are rewards. THANK YOU TROJAN SAFETY SERVICES TEAM TROJAN

Pros

Lots of work

What a joke

Idiot management, sub par pay, no notice for work, tossed aside when slow. These are the facts working here. I've worked at other safety companies and they have normal employers. These look like received a shovel across the face

Pros

Called "my friend" repeatedly

Cons

You are expendable

I worked for Trojan safety for 18 months as a H2S Specialist/ Firefighter/Paramedic. Pay was excellent.Management was great to deal with. Training courses are available through Trojan to advance your skills. I learned a lot from Trojan during my time there, which I hope will help me further my future career path.

Pros

Good pay, Management is very accommodating.

Cons

Oil patch can be isolated

consistant work

- up at 5 / check in workers / toolbox meetings / do risk assessment / check inventory / administer first aid when needed and complete and submit paperwork / sign out workers / 12 hr shift - learned dynamics of job - management was always available - can be camp culture or daily shift staying in motel - isolation / being away from home for 21 - 28 days - enjoyed meeting people and being able to help someone

Pros

good pay

Cons

isolated

Disappointment

Unfortunately, I went into this company with high expectations. They are unorganized and out of touch with their employees. The equipment/vehicles are abused by the employees, and their is a lack of respect between the equipment and the company. This type of culture stems from the top. This company could be great but there is a misguided approach from the top down. Not enough training and they defiantly treat you like a number and not an employee. Since I have started there is a sense of entitlement that people carry about in the company. What their website represents is a contradiction to their actions.

Pros

Great on the resume, Door into the oil industry, Some experience if you get it. long work hours

Cons

Lack of training, Management, Culture, No Accountability

Wish I would have known better

Horrible management. Brushed off and lied to. Empty promises of a raise. Employees who suck up to dispatch and management get the best jobs even when you have worked there longer. Substandard medical equipment and trucks. Hire EMR’s and PCP’s and they don’t even have the equipment for that level of training. They encourage their staff to not ask for days off because they are so short handed. Staff housing is gross. Below average pay for medics. Below average LOA. The only good thing was it helped me make a bit of money to pay my bills and get me some experience as a medic in oilfield.

Pros

Cons

Horrible management

dont waste your time

this company would screw up a free lunch they put you in a strip bar while training the two townhouses are one word GROSS little training before they throw you to the wolfs apply elsewhere

Pros

Cons

everything

Lots of work. humorous management.

Trojan has long stints of work where you can be away for up to 21 days at a time. For a bachelor that likes to work this is the place for you. Management is friendly and can be joked around with while still being proffesional. Makes for a nice work enviroment.

Pros

Free lunch at saftey meetings. Lots of training. Lots of hours. Living allowance when in a hotel.

Cons

Long hours. Unpredictable hours.

Please ladies look elsewhere!

I have spent quite the duration of time here and had a few benefits but most negative. Since graduating high school a girl moved up there claiming it was a great place. I gave it a try only to find otherwise. Being a medic you'll see an entourage of less than educated people to work with, terrible hours, management, and pay. They get you with the so called "day rate" which consists of 12hr shifts and say it pays well. If you break it down I was making less than $20 and hour! Which is unacceptable for the modern system. Then having to deal with the staff is another story. Please give more consideration before wasting a trip up there. Okanagan pays close even for a 9-5 job and you keep your sanity and most of all dignity

Pros

Absolutely none

21 October 2016
I’m sorry to hear that your experience working as a First Aid Attendant for us has been so negative. I want to clarify a few things for the people that read this post:1. Those “less than educated people” that you speak of, are for the most part, awesome people. The oil and gas industry is a unique environment, in that, people are able to afford a higher standard of living without having the luxury of a formal education. This, by no means, makes them any less smart. In fact, many of them will learn things that most people in the world take for granted when they put fuel in their cars, or have heat for their homes.2. We have never offered a day rate. We have always offered a fair hourly rate, with guaranteed 12 hours. The wages are discussed, and agreed to, long before anyone is committed to leaving the place they call home, and coming to Fort St. John, or any of our other branches for work. You’ll find no argument that there are higher paying hourly jobs in the Okanagan, however, in my experience, there is not typically the overtime available in the Okanagan to help make up the wages that come from working in the oil and gas industry.3. You’re right. It’s long days. And again, that is something that is clear with everyone that interviews with Trojan Safety. We don’t hide it. It’s the industry, it’s part of the job, and it’s not for everyone.As far as your comment of poor management, I know that we are not perfect. But we are always learning, and want to understand what could help make us better. So, if you’re willing to help, I’d love to hear how we could improve. Let me -

Positive additudes in the office. New, clean and well maintained equipment in the field

Trojan has an excellent training base and offers employees the ability to diversify their skill set with in house training. A great feature which will increase your employability if work gets slow in your first job scope. Working in the oil patch always has its ups and downs, no matter where you work. Long hours and last minute gigs are part of the job. When the oil company calls a service company needing services now, you have to do what's necessary to fill the job. Trojans office staff does the leg work to make sure you have everything you need to get you going on a job. If long hours, long drives, short notice gigs and making great money isn't for you, I hear walmart is hiring. If you're a competent employee who takes pride in your work they go the extra mile to make sure you're happy. A positive additude goes really far in this industry. You need a strong work ethic to enjoy this type of work, and the people who have it, love this job.

Pros

Work as much as you want, great pay, knowledgeable and helpful management

Cons

Typical oil and gas cons.

good company to work for

decent company to work for in my experience great equipment and support staff Never had an issue with coworkers or management the most enjoyable part of this work is that it takes place in the great outdoors not so enjoyable when it's sub-zero it was an overall great experience

Pros

lots of work

Cons

to much work

Terrible Company

Save yourself the 5 mins of applying here. Place is full of idiots. Pay isn't great. Totally pretended to care about employees but will leave you teats up in a ditch before any compensation.

Pros

Vehicle to drive all over, unhook GPS

Cons

Starting day

A day in the life of an Oilfield Medic

For one who enjoys to travel, drive and don't live a routine daily job life, then being an Oilfield Medic is the job for you. Although, make $16.00 hr to start what I have learned on the job far out weighs the materialistic side of life. As holding a Construction Safety Officer certificate, I've learned many important aspects of what it would take to be a CSO in the Oilfield as watching the day to day operations go as far as such regulations that pertain to Service Rigs, Confined Spaces, Fall Arrest, H2S to name a few. The management team from the owner to the shop far exceeded my expectations of any team I have ever been graced to be a part of in my life. My co-workers too are a diverse, willing to help at anytime kind of family. The most enjoyable part is getting to see the country side of the Peace area.

Pros

Free lunches at Safety meetings, family oriented team

Cons

washroom facilities as for someone with a fear of public washrooms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trojan Safety Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7