Trojan Safety Services

Canada49 reviews

Clear
2.8Job security & advancement

Or is ok hasn’t changes in 20 years

Well the work is the same as it has been since I started 20 yrs ago all that’s changed are the employees meaning most I wouldn’t hire myself without proper training. The supervisors seem to think safety is easy but its not or not as easy as some may think and when they show up on site its a friggin embarrassment to be associated with them they look like they are on a holiday. Trojan like all company’s are trying to save money, no problem but housing has got to go, I stayed in GP and wow dirty and smells, Trojan needs to get it in there head that I room per person not two or three only one as I will not share a room with anyone, EVER! Also last comment wages are very poor 20 to 30 per hr is unrealistic I work as a contractor or hourly i have never been offered wages so low like Trojan offers there still stuck in the 80”s with wages. For either hourly or contract it works out for me to be a minimum of 500 to 750 per day. Plus Trojan is unfair when it comes to wages an advanced like my self with 20 yrs experience OH&S, NCSO certified paid 20 to 30 an hr and pay new employees with 1 or 2 yrs experience the same wages is B.S.

Great company to work for.

Lots of paid training, good dispatchers, and room for advancement. They often host specialized courses to expand your skill set. My job was to prepare fire apparatus for long journeys, drive to work site deep in the bush, conduct safety meetings, and supervise hot work to ensure minimal risk of fire or injury.

Lots of work available if you want to put in the hours for a decent paycheque

Older, established company that is well know in Northern BC so lots of work flows through this company. Lots of work available if you want to put in the hours and make a decent paycheque.

Great Place to Work

I been with Trojan Safety Services for 10+ years working as a medic this company has afforded me a great life and for that I'm thankful. If you work hard and that ethic shows there is room for advancement management notices. It is a young management team and yes there is room for learning and improving. I see the negative comments and one would just have to assume a disgruntled employee posting over and over how terrible this company is. I would just like to say that it's NOT, you get what you put in just like any other job. This job is not for everyone and for those that stick it out, there are rewards. THANK YOU TROJAN SAFETY SERVICES TEAM TROJAN

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

Great honest company to work for.

I've worked for a number of northern medic companies over the past few years. Trojan Safety is definitely one of the best. They don't bait and switch your work you agreed to and also they always pay what they say they will as agreed to before you accept the work. Happy to keep working for them until I decide to retire from this profession. So far so good.

Pros

Honest. Good equipment.

Cons

Isolation. Goes with the job.

What a joke

Idiot management, sub par pay, no notice for work, tossed aside when slow. These are the facts working here. I've worked at other safety companies and they have normal employers. These look like received a shovel across the face

Pros

Called "my friend" repeatedly

Cons

You are expendable

I worked for Trojan safety for 18 months as a H2S Specialist/ Firefighter/Paramedic. Pay was excellent.Management was great to deal with. Training courses are available through Trojan to advance your skills. I learned a lot from Trojan during my time there, which I hope will help me further my future career path.

Pros

Good pay, Management is very accommodating.

Cons

Oil patch can be isolated

Not a restrictive corporation

It's a small family business run by familly type people. The corporate ladder is very short and advancment can take many years. People come and get what they need to futher future careers and move on, or they stick around and do what they are passonate about. You can make your own way if you have that initiative

Pros

Pay is high for the work performed

Cons

Hazardous work at times

Wish I would have known better

Horrible management. Brushed off and lied to. Empty promises of a raise. Employees who suck up to dispatch and management get the best jobs even when you have worked there longer. Substandard medical equipment and trucks. Hire EMR’s and PCP’s and they don’t even have the equipment for that level of training. They encourage their staff to not ask for days off because they are so short handed. Staff housing is gross. Below average pay for medics. Below average LOA. The only good thing was it helped me make a bit of money to pay my bills and get me some experience as a medic in oilfield.

Pros

Cons

Horrible management

A good starting point

Trojan is a good place to start your career in the oilfied as they offer training and support. They have good equipment, knowledgable supervisors a good health and safety culture.

Very large company

I worked for this company for 11 years, during that time the company growth was massive. I felt I became a number instead of a name. Overall, the company did not have much support for their staff in a field situation and the hours were very long.

Pros

Plenty of work

Cons

Very long hours, not enough employee support, no room for advancement.

Excellent place to work, very professional and organized, I would still be working there if it were not for the hours required, not for a single mom.

Pros

Sub offered on most jobs, well organized

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trojan Safety Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7