Trojan Safety Services Employee Reviews

Total anger and laughable
Medic (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC27 March 2019
At no time have I ever experienced such a comical company to work for. The management you have to laugh off or you'll go insane with their way of thinking, planning and general way of speaking.
No training required, just thrown in an MTC and sent off into the wild. Trucks are written off annually. No bonuses and expected to jump at every call for work with no notices. I've heard they give a $100 gift card for groceries which I didn't stay around for.....
Pros
Laughing behind managements back
Cons
No bonuses, low pay
Great Environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC11 March 2019
Happy to say I’ve worked at Trojan for well over a year now. They have been very flexible with my schedule and have given me the opportunity to learn and grown in my position.
Management has been very approachable and listen to any concerns and try to find solutions.
Pros
Dog friendly and free lunches at safety meetings
Official response from Trojan Safety Services
14 March 2019

Rachel, it has been a pleasure working with you over the past year. You have easily been one of the best receptionists we've ever had. Your friendly attitude and outstanding work ethic are just a few of the wonderful things you bring to our organization. Thank you for all you do, and I look forward to continuing working with you into the future.

They don't care about you
Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC7 March 2019
You get long hours. Inconsistent work. Subpar pay. You can't have a life or a family or anything if you work for this company. Stay away. It's not worth it. If you leave for personal reasons you don't get paid what you should be paid.
A work atmosphere that makes you feel part of a team
EMR (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John8 February 2019
I started working for Trojan in September of last year. Due to a miscommunication I was not able to start as an EMR right away. Trojan allowed me to work in the shop and cross train into Safety, until the needed logistics were worked out. They have been highly flexible with time off requests, with a new addition to my family. Never have I felt like there was a lack of work. I feel like a part of the team and a member of the Trojan family. I would definitely recommend Trojan Safety Services, if you were looking for an EMR, Paramedic, or Safety work in Northern BC and Northern Alberta.
Junk
Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  BC7 February 2019
Horrible place to work. Manegment sucks and treated with so much disrespect. Some times the guys that run that gong show should really open there eyes and treat there people better.
Great Place to Work
Medic (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC5 February 2019
I been with Trojan Safety Services for 10+ years working as a medic this company has afforded me a great life and for that I'm thankful. If you work hard and that ethic shows there is room for advancement management notices. It is a young management team and yes there is room for learning and improving. I see the negative comments and one would just have to assume a disgruntled employee posting over and over how terrible this company is. I would just like to say that it's NOT, you get what you put in just like any other job. This job is not for everyone and for those that stick it out, there are rewards.

TEAM TROJAN
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Great honest company to work for.
Paramedic Emergency Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC4 February 2019
I've worked for a number of northern medic companies over the past few years. Trojan Safety is definitely one of the best. They don't bait and switch your work you agreed to and also they always pay what they say they will as agreed to before you accept the work.
Happy to keep working for them until I decide to retire from this profession.
So far so good.
Pros
Honest. Good equipment.
Cons
Isolation. Goes with the job.
What a joke
Medic (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, Fort st john28 January 2019
Idiot management, sub par pay, no notice for work, tossed aside when slow. These are the facts working here. I've worked at other safety companies and they have normal employers. These look like received a shovel across the face
Pros
Called "my friend" repeatedly
Cons
You are expendable
Don't waste your time
Field Medic (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC9 January 2019
This is the upmost terrible place I've ever worked at. I spent a few years there and under the original owners management it was.... Ok, now however it was handed over to his entitled, narcissistic son. Any other women or guys who are considering this place I urge you to reconsider. If you still chance it, you'll see what I mean. Review this place as people need to be aware of the conditions and treatment you are put through
Pros
Humorous management
Cons
Low pay, treated terrible, back stabbed
Awful, awful place
Field Medic/fire (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC9 January 2019
This is actually what goes on there. First, it's a family run company, most of them appear to have had a stroke but narcissistic beyond belief. They will pretend to be your best friend and if a girl the owners son however handicapped looking will attempt at putting the moves on you. If you can get past this and make it to the field you'll realize you don't mean anything to them. Told to drive out in the bush for very little pay (200-300$/12hr shift) equals around $20/hr roughly. Minimum wage is $15 so let that sink in. You'll be accountable for any issues you encounter regardless of your fault or not. They'll kick you to the curb soon as the slow down comes and there is no loyalty for this soulless family. Take my advice and never work here unless you want a good laugh.
Pros
Steal supplies
Cons
Family who runs it
H2S Specialist/Industrial Firefighter/Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Based out of Fort St Johns26 December 2018
I worked for Trojan safety for 18 months as a H2S Specialist/
Firefighter/Paramedic. Pay was excellent.Management was great to deal with. Training courses are available through Trojan to advance your skills. I learned a lot from Trojan during my time there, which I hope will help me further my future career path.
Pros
Good pay, Management is very accommodating.
Cons
Oil patch can be isolated
consistant work
Medic (Former Employee) –  BC29 September 2018
- up at 5 / check in workers / toolbox meetings / do risk assessment / check inventory / administer first aid when needed and complete and submit paperwork / sign out workers / 12 hr shift
- learned dynamics of job
- management was always available
- can be camp culture or daily shift staying in motel
- isolation / being away from home for 21 - 28 days
- enjoyed meeting people and being able to help someone
Pros
good pay
Cons
isolated
Not a restrictive corporation
H2S Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 August 2018
It's a small family business run by familly type people. The corporate ladder is very short and advancment can take many years. People come and get what they need to futher future careers and move on, or they stick around and do what they are passonate about. You can make your own way if you have that initiative
Pros
Pay is high for the work performed
Cons
Hazardous work at times
its not for everyone
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC26 April 2018
Its not for everyone
if your looking to work lots take the job
be ready tho to have no life
and to make the move to the town of FSJ,GP,RD
the money is not all that great if you need to rent a place in town good luck finding something for a good price
Pros
lots of work
Cons
hard to get time off
It is what you make of it.
Firefighter (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 April 2018
It is typical oil field work, long hours with decent pay.
You come in do your cross shift then do truck checks then sit around and wait for some work to come up.
If you want to advance your career there is a lot of spare time for studying and trying to upgrade your courses and resume.
They will help you out and pay for some stuff but you have to sign a year long contract.
Great Company if you can deal with the slow times involved.
Pros
Free Lunch, Help out with school.
Cons
Long hours, no set schedule.
Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB28 February 2018
Working for Trojan Safety was positive to integrate an asset sale for SOS Oilfield Safety. Trojan is diversified in the safety business for the Oil and Gas sector.
Disappointment
Industrial Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 November 2017
Unfortunately, I went into this company with high expectations. They are unorganized and out of touch with their employees. The equipment/vehicles are abused by the employees, and their is a lack of respect between the equipment and the company. This type of culture stems from the top. This company could be great but there is a misguided approach from the top down. Not enough training and they defiantly treat you like a number and not an employee. Since I have started there is a sense of entitlement that people carry about in the company. What their website represents is a contradiction to their actions.
Pros
Great on the resume, Door into the oil industry, Some experience if you get it. long work hours
Cons
Lack of training, Management, Culture, No Accountability
Wish I would have known better
Level 3 First Aid (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC8 October 2017
Horrible management. Brushed off and lied to. Empty promises of a raise. Employees who suck up to dispatch and management get the best jobs even when you have worked there longer. Substandard medical equipment and trucks. Hire EMR’s and PCP’s and they don’t even have the equipment for that level of training. They encourage their staff to not ask for days off because they are so short handed. Staff housing is gross. Below average pay for medics. Below average LOA. The only good thing was it helped me make a bit of money to pay my bills and get me some experience as a medic in oilfield.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Industrial Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC24 September 2017
Management does not follow labour laws. Management once tried to make a coworker pay $20,000 for damage to a fire truck that was damaged during working hours. The culture was horrible if you weren't a white male. Hours were great and lots of shifts.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible management
Ups and downs
First Aid Attendant/Safety Hand (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 June 2017
When it's busy, it's great. When it's slow you have to have a consultant who likes you and wants you on the site, otherwise you won't be working again for a while.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trojan Safety Services. Our community is ready to answer.