Triple M Metal LP

Triple M Metal LP Employee Reviews

Canada48 reviews
bad management
stressful because of bad management,rude manager and inexperienced supervisor who doesn't know wht he is doing because he never work in this field and got a supervisor position because of family connections in the company and doesn't know how to talk to costumer and employee and act like wores then owner and doesn't care about business and really bad attitude, I've see lots of good workers leaving company because of bad management, see
Its a job......you can do better!!
Pay is not good. you can never please them. They always want more from you for no extra pay ..horrible Company to work for. Worst I've worked at in 20 years.
Productive and hard working environment
Solid place to work if you want to put in the hours. Management can be a problem sometimes as well as workers being underpaid. 900 Brampton Department
Really bad company
extremely bad atmosphere supervisors intimidate and stress you every minute, pay does not justify the stressful way in which you are forced to work the equipment is always in poor condition
stressful
its a stressful environment that is very fast passed at times and on some night i just load trucks full of scrap. days where we are very busy i get called from one end of the yard to the other.
Bad experience
Management there was good before after new management came I find the bullied a lot of people in order to show there power and they cover up a lot and try to present themselves like it's a good company witching way it's not
Dead end
This place is an absolute joke and seems to hire anyone. Not to mention the employees here are over paid morons (minus a few). For example you have a dread headed jamaican guy who hides between finders 5 and 7 all shift to smoke pot then yells at you when he feels your not doing you're job(even though he is not a supervisor). Theres also a special needs individual who feels he doesnt need to work because hey hes in the union. Other then the benefits this is a horrible place to work.
Easy place to work
I worked as a scale operator. The job itself was super easy (we did crosswords all day long). But the manager that you have to work with in that scale is rude and makes you want to quit your job.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Triple M Metal LP?
Stressful & toxic
Management is not management, management is family and family friends only. The environment can be very toxic. Save yourself the headache and stress, definitely not worth your sanity.
Experience to remember
Great guys to work with. Some not so much. Managment not at all. Some old workers cant do the work but they feel they own the place. Alot of favouritism and discrimination happens and nothing you can do because you go on the bad list. Your hard work will not be recognized. Mismanagement and broken down equipment. Mechanic dont stay here too long. They need a union here. Make sure you a family member before applying here.
Pros
Left and found better
Cons
Favouritism and discrimination. No recognitions. Low pay.
Triple m Metals
To be honest this job wouldn't be so bad, If management wasn't being so cheap. However I did work there for a very long time so it wasn't all bad. and they seem to be making sleight changes, Days at triple m are long and hard. I don't go there out less you're ready to work. They'll put you in the dog house.
Drivers Beware
Don't waste your time with this shady company. They will offer raises that won't happen. The equipment is extremely old and beat up. They have trucks with no suspension, just a rubber spaser, and yet the say they are all about the drivers. Do yourself a favour, keep looking for a better company
Pros
I don't work there anymore
Cons
I wasted a year at this company
Horrible company
Equipment is old broken down management is horrible they claim this is the best job you could get but I got a better one a month later & regret stepping foot inside this place. Save your self some mental stability
Constantly evolving living nightmare
Experience operators need not apply to this purgatory but if you're fresh out of school and looking to gain some experience you might need to do a pit stop here. This company is a dead end for the most part but if you can get into management your compensation could be decent.

Compensation is minimal for regular workers and profit sharing will never be as much as HR tells you when you get hired.

Upper level management rule with an iron fist and constantly scream at employees. Lower level management all hate their jobs and make it clear on social media.

You will meet some great people here that seem to not believe in themselves and think they can't do better but most of them could. It's as if they've been brainwashed to think this is the best they can do.

The hardest part of the job is keeping motivated when the curtain gets pulled back and you see how things are operated.

The most enjoyable part of the job is cracking wise with your coworkers about how much the place sucks. Seriously some of the guys could be stand up comedians and will have you in stitches some days.
Pros
Year round work for operators. Fresh out of school operators can gain experience.
Cons
Broken equipment, unsafe working environments, poor material quality, bad attitudes
What a Place
Unless you are family you are treated like garbage. Worked there for 3 years, no complaints, never late and was great at my job. Was dismissed for filing a complaint about a manager. (FAMILY MEMBER).
Pros
Customers are great
Cons
Management unfair and bias
Not an equal opportunity employer
Hire friends then men before anyone else
Management is unreliable, more like drama place then work place

Needs an overhaul

Very disappointing work environment
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Management and supervisor
Good home time poor equipment and culture
Great work life balance, pay is ok not great but not horrible either. The equipment is terrible. Most of the trucks are old and falling apart. Always in the shop or getting a tow. The yard equipment is also old and worn out always down for repairs. Company provides shirts and pants or coveralls but absolutely no winter clothes or rain gear. Terrible moral. Most people like their co-workers but dislike management and feel like there is a big disconnect between upper management and the employees. Upper management does not care about the concerns or needs of the employees or lower management.
Pros
Good work life balance ok pay
Cons
Horrible equipment terrible upper management
Job was fun, management is literally unbearable.
Reading the other reviews now, I should've read those before I took his job. The paay was excellent, the shifts were about 11 hours. No breaks are ever scheduled, they do blacklist you if you ask for anything or don't do what they say.. Not to mention, highly racist. I have never felt so belittled in my life. No amount of money is worth that. I eventually had to quit.
Save your time and don't bother with this place.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, racsit, hurtful, demeaning, you have no life while working here.
great people to work with.
This job was good to begin with but management is a problem. The guys are a good bunch but they do not value their workers. If they fixed upper management it would be a good place to stay.
Working here ia a joke
I was hired on with promises.. With did not come true..
Management is a joke and so is the supervisors.. They let me go 6 day before my 90 days were up.. All becouse the one supervisors did not like me...

If anyone reads this head my warning they will screw you too if your not rhere friends first..
Cons
Unless you are family you are treated like garbage
Working here was like working with a bunch of guys who peaked in high school.. rude, offensive and vulgar language used daily by staff, no organization
No scheduled breaks if any... salary wasn’t terrible but what good is that with no job security.

They hire family memebers and if you are not one of them.. you are disposable and they make sure you know it.
Pros
Work alone, drivers are amazing
Cons
Management is a joke, so dirty, male dominated environment