Triple M Metal LP Employee Reviews

Great people. Management is a joke.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 March 2018
Every person I worked with at the Dofasco Triple M location were great. Other then the management. The employees around you will help you with everything you need and if you ask management for help, well good luck because it won't happen. The management at this location is terrible and they love to fire people like crazy. I watched 4 people get fired in the 3 months it was all for small mistakes they made. ( Minimum to no training) you get shown on your first day the area and pretty much told " good luck".

The comments made by other employees when I asked why they let so many people go, so close to their probation period ending, they said " Thats the Triple M way"
Pros
Friendly, kind employees
Cons
Overall a pretty good place to work.
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 September 2017
Tends to have a lot of family members in management positions which can be problematic. Offers a competitive wage overall. Enjoyed working with a really good team.
Great company. Impatient, mean supervisor
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 August 2017
Supervisor isn't nice, no patience at all when I made errors even though I was new. Coworker was okay but quiet. Mainly trained by coworker. Only male. I don't think men should apply for this position. Salary is okay.
Pros
Benefits, pension, salary
Cons
Long hours no time for yourself
Was ok
Scale Operator/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 August 2017
O.k place to work, management not the best. Doesn't take the time to help you learn. Hardest part is learning the scale. Customers arent the best to serve
The crew i worked with were great
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 August 2017
The combination of personal life and work at Triple M Metal was very comfortable. My supervisors were fun to work with and knew what they were doing in every aspect. The pay was not that great but comfortable enough.
Pros
They had a kitchen where we could buy fresh breakfast and lunches.
Cons
No cons that i remember besides pay.
Long Term Employee
Operator (Current Employee) –  brampton10 March 2017
This review is based on almost 10 years of service with the company, NOT short term employment. The scrap industry can be challenging, it’s not for everyone, but it is rewarding. Through the years, there have been opportunities for advancement for those who are willing to put in the work. Like any other workplace, you get out what you put in and you have to be realistic with your expectations. I enjoy working for Triple M.
Welders beware....
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Weldsip9 March 2017
Management is a joke ..lots of overtime but the place is so dirty you dont wanna stay unless you need the money badly.So unorganized hit hurts.Co workers are awesome .Good benefits.Wouldnt recommend for welders that wanna get ahead more like a stepping stone job.management dont have a clue on what going on in the shop.managemnt doesnt listen to employees even if it can save them money..Can gain lots of training.
Pros
Good benefits lots of overtime cool co workers
Cons
Everthing else
Good people
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 December 2016
Everyone I worked with at Triple M were good it has a good atmosphere. But Management wasn't in a hurry to recognize you if you've been a great worker for years and a loyal employee.
Pros
easy work environment, Good people, decent play
Cons
no appreciation for hard work, machine maintenance is terrible, seniority for loyal long term employees. none existent.
fun
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 November 2016
great place to work and play.bosses were good people were great.i ran grapple mag crane and shear to load trucks full of bulk metal.very fun and would
Great company, horrible work/life balance
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 September 2016
The company itself is not bad. Unfortunately senior management expects you to jump everytime. There is no work life balance. Communication needs to be addressed.
Very fast paced, learn new things everyday, co-workers are great just too many politics, customers could be a little unruly, day went by fast due to the nature of the business.
Not really worth staying at
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Brampton st hamilton11 July 2016
The Workplace is highly uncomfortable, Management can be very unfair. they take forever to train anyone for anything. the only good thing is the pay which isnt that hard to find somewhere else
Pros
the pay
Cons
everything else about the job
Wonderful
Scale House Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 June 2016
Good Place to work just hard on the switch shifts and management tends to not help you out. Fellow employees are wonderful
Management is a joke
Cashier/Scale operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 June 2016
There is no work life balance. Management is a complete joke. The general staff knows more than management. They belittle people. They intimidate. If you say no, you're blacklisted. They'll make you quit and make your life miserable. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, management is a joke, absolutely no work life balance
ok place ot work
Crane operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 March 2016
Triple m was a great company to work for in the beginning until they expanded and then employees became just a number. Management started treating the employees like garbage.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management doesnt like tattoos
Terrible place to work
heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton15 September 2015
Employees are treated poorly. Company puts Profits ahead of employee safety. Management is untruthful. Management will instruct employees to operate unsafe equipement conrary to provincial and federal
Laws, eg. No machine guarding,
Pros
operate multiple pieces of equiprmrnt
Cons
unsafe environment
I was a labourer / machine operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 April 2015
The day started off challenging, with learning a lot of new stuff everyday. Management was very professional and precises in accordance to safety regulations. Was a generally fun experience with great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working in the extreme weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was, everyday you feel like you accomplished something, with opportunities everyday.
Pros
pizza days
Cons
working in harsh weather
Productive and enjoyable work team
Skilled Labourer (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON29 January 2015
A typical work day consists of doing daily mechanical checks on equipment, sort through non ferrous material, operate heavy equipment. I have learned different skills about safety of operating heavy equipment (ex Shredder) , lockout produces, health and safety regulations of the workplace. My management is very well organized and treat us well. I enjoy working with the management and co-workers, we are a good team. The hardest part about my job is sometimes it gets slow and there is not a lot of tasks that could be taken care of. I really enjoy being able to take part of being challenged daily with metal fabrication tasks and working on heavy vehicles.
Pros
Doing what I love; Fabrication
Cons
Not being able to excel higher in the work place.
A very interesting job learn a lot.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 November 2013
I truly enjoyed working here decent crew and management.I was just starting to get trained on more heavy equipment when a work slow down caused my lay off. The hardest part off the job was when we got a real foggy night down by the bay you could hardly see.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Getting laid off
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 December 2012
On call for any break downs, provided assurance that the equipment would be fully maintained and running
Pros
treated everyone with respect
Cons
working in very dirty conditions
very high pressure to perform work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  brantford on3 September 2012
a typical day as a driver for triple m . phone calls every couple hours,expected 7 to 10 calls per day, very unorganized dispatch no one tells anyone what is going on every thing is top secret.
Pros
good wages and benefits
Cons
horrible management and very stressful wont maintain equipment properly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Triple M Metal LP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9