TripAdvisor Employee Reviews

Not as advertised
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 May 2019
Hired into an account executive role with quickly turned out to be a boiler room sales job. Product is very poor and difficult to justify the cost to small bed and breakfasts and hotels who already run tight margins. Unable to prove value of product. Free food a plus.
Pros
Food, decent base salary
Cons
Poor product, old style tele sales with no real consultative aspect.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV11 May 2019
Very competitive pay for Las Vegas and management is great. Fixed hours never less than 40 hours a week. Travel credit and many other great options such as stock options and great 401k
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
Great company to work for!
Business Development - Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Oxford8 May 2019
It's a very nice place to work with very good basic salary and very good commission structure.
Benefits with free dental,health,gym,fruits,breakfast!!
Pros
salary and commission
Cons
not sure
Tripadvisor/Viator
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV30 March 2019
Everyday I log in to the phones and take calls for customers who are looking for tours and transfers for their vacation. I assist them finding the best ones give them ideas on what is popular how close it is to their hotel or if they get picked up from their hotel. I have learned a lot about all the places all over the world and a lot of the tours that there are. I love talking to the people and learning what they want to go see and helping them find something fun and help them have an enjoyable experience when they vacation. I am a good hard worker get along with just about everyone in the office I enjoy my environment at work.
Pros
free food
Cons
schedule choices no seniority
If you are in sales , stay away!!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Needham, MA28 March 2019
Simple, you'll NEVER be able to reach your sales targets - Super high-turnover. not sure about other departments, but If you are in SALES, PLEASE RUN! There's absolutely no transparency in your paycheck.. most of us how NO IDEA HOW MUCH WE GET/GOT PAID.

Questions to ask during your interview process:
What percentage of your team actually makes it to quota?
What's is the comp plan based on?
Why are hoteliers losing credibility on your digital products?
How many employees have left in the last few months? (over 30)
Why do you have such a high turnover?

The best thing about TA is the People around you however, they don't stick around for long...
Pros
People
Cons
Safe and fun place to work
Data Analyst Co-op (Former Employee) –  Needham, MA2 March 2019
A typical day at work consisted of having a set plan for what to do for the day, Usually starting with standup and then having a lot of quiet working time. The best part of the job was working with some really awesome people and having the security of a large successful tech company.
Meh
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA6 February 2019
There's a serious lack of communication in the organization that is almost deadly. For a tech company, I've never expected for the company to be so resistant to minimizing manual processes or to being proactive about change. Benefits are good, but the salaries are not. And the benefits have actually decreased since I started so...
Great environment to work
Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA1 February 2019
They give all of the extra comforts. Snack bar, coffee, tea, flavored water, lounge chairs around an open concept. It is a great style for the younger crowd. Some disconnects with management styles through the 'totem pole', but overall it was a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunches with an awesome selection
Boa remuneração
Empregado de Mesa (Former Employee) –  Portugal15 January 2019
Paga-se bem, embora muitas horas de trabalho, bom networking entra funcionários.
Empresa moderna e dinamica
Executivo de Vendas (Former Employee) –  Oxford , Inglaterra7 January 2019
Uma emporesa com condicoes de trabalho fantasticas, mas muito exigente a nivel profissional. O nosso dia a dia inclui " cold calling " para publicitar e vender " Business Listing " ( uma ferramenta que permite a empresas hoteleiras poupar em comissoes pagas a agencias de viagens online ), gestao de paginas Business Listinmg ja existentes na nossa area e tambem lidar com renovacoes de contrato. Embora a pressao em atingir os objetivos fosse alta, a empresa convidava-nos a relaxar durante os dias de trabalho, com zonas de lazer disponiveis em todos os pisos. Todas as semanas todo o staff reunia-se na Segunda Feira de manha para uma conversa motivacional por parte da management team, onde eram tambem oferecidos premios de incentivo semanais.
Pros
Refeicao gratuitas, zonas de lazer
Cons
Poor compensation for the category
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MA17 December 2018
Your team makes or breaks your experience. In general, goals are aggressive and people seem stressed. During negotiations, know your worth and ask for it. Otherwise, it's almost impossible to grow your salary.
It's Okay
Supplier Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV27 November 2018
The benefits are really great, but the management in my area is not the strongest management team I've had. There seems to be no consequences for poor actions.
Benefits
Has all the bells and whistles free to employees, Gym, Pub, Free Food
Sales Performance Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Needham, MA24 November 2018
I would never work for TripAdvisor again. They provide lot's of perks, but they change their mission/business model daily. However, you are a recent college graduate, it's a great place to learn to sell in a fun, open environment. Note: They will let you go within a week or two if you don't fit in. I've never seen anything like it.
Pros
Free Lunch, Gym, Pub, Snacks 24/7, Games, bring your dog to work
Cons
All over the place, leadership can't make up their mind, and all changes are made last minute with little to no communication.
TripAdvisor is an amazing place to work. I would highly recommend working there.
Content Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Needham, MA25 October 2018
I am grateful for my time at TripAdvisor as a Content Marketing Intern where I worked on a diverse, yet dynamic team that helped each other grow and learn on a daily basis.
Pros
Free lunches, dogs, corporate sponsored events, fitness activities, massages & more
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Great workplace
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Singapore17 September 2018
Great workplace to work with amazing teams and managements. Work hard, play hard and Speed wins in the business models. Always focus on travelers in the world.
Great company
Call Center Agent-Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 891075 September 2018
The work environment is high energy. Expectations are high but so are the rewards. This job is for someone that is disciplined and enjoys being challenged. The culture is work hard, play hard. The best part of the job are the people and the benefits!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shift bids
Overall a great place to intern
Product Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Needham, MA24 May 2018
I did my internship at TripAdvisor in product management and it was a great place to see how big tech does product. Overall, in comparison to other places i have worked, TripAdvisor excels at communication across teams, providing autonomy to individuals to contribute, and values good work/life balance. TripAdvisor was probably the most laid back place I have ever worked, but we still got our projects done with incredible attention to detail.
Pros
Great Management, good work life balance, shuttle to office from Boston, catered lunch, gym, great office
Interesante
Colaborador externo (Current Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, Región Metropolitana18 May 2018
Solo como colaborador externo. Me parece un tema interesante. Además siempre hay apoyo e incentivos para seguir adelante y colaborar mas
Pros
Entretenido
Cons
Poco vinculante
Business Development Manager, LATAM (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA17 May 2018
Innovative, passionate, fearless, creative, driven, and adaptable. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
Great, smart people to work with
Product Manager, Advertising Solutions (Current Employee) –  Needham, MA12 April 2018
- Everyday can be different
- Collaboration is there if you want it
- Motto is speed wins but reality is projects take a very long time to finish
- Engineering runs the show
Pros
Exciting projects, free lunch
Cons
they promote people to manage teams that have no experience managing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TripAdvisor. Our community is ready to answer.