Trinity Western University

Trinity Western University Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews
I loved to have worked at TWU. The paid was ok, the hours were few, but it was excellent for student needs. I worked here as part of my student employment benefits. The team is excellent and the job was very straight forward.
Pros
morning prayers and very friendly environment
Cons
Worked there temporarily. Employer was not as understanding or gracious . This was unfortunate. There is little flexibility provided, but could be a great place for someone who prefers stringent structure.
I worked in several roles which varied widely at TWU while I was a student there. The most notable things they had in common were low pay and low support. Both were somewhat expected, as I was a student-employee, and I can't speak to whether that translates to full-time positions.

The community and staff at TWU are fabulous, however. You will never find nicer people to work with. Very understanding and accommodating.
Pros
Community
Cons
Low support, Low Pay
Trinity Western University cares deeply for their staff and students. HR goes above and beyond to ensure that new employees are well taken care of. Each department does their best to go above. and beyond
Pros
Organized, collaborative, clear communication, caring.
Cons
Location of campus with bus routes. D
A very stressful place to work but people are generally kind and very family-oriented. If you like to have a spiritual aspect to the workplace there are many opportunities.
Pros
Free food and good benefits and work life benefits
Cons
Workers are expected to complete a two person job.
Not always an easy environment to work in. Always asked to do way more than what is a health amount. The school is classy on the outside not on the inside.
Working for the biology department at Trinity Western gives you experience working with an accepting and encouraging group of people. You are able to make a difference through your work and are valued as an employee.
There is high turnover of teaching staff. The majority of teachers leave because they can find better pay and working conditions elsewhere. At the time of this writing, no chance ever for a teacher to become a full time teacher.

Some teachers were replaced after just 4 months and not explained why nor given chances to remedy the situation.
I worked in the lab of one of the biology professors for a summer as a student research assistant, with my internship paid for through an NSERC grant. While there, not only were my lab-mates and supervisors genial and helpful, the larger community was as well! Weekly seminars were hosted by other faculty to help the summer researchers with grad school, scientific research, and the like. Overall, a wonderful place.
I loved working here. Eventhough pay is not as good as in other places, they are great with helping you balance work/family life' environment is very positive, specially in the Hkin department. They helped me work with my strengths and develop personally and professionally.

Fun and fulfilling place to work at.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Trinity Western University?
As external relations director for the prairies I did a lot of travel and met with some incredible people. I worked with major donors, alumni, influencers and community stakeholders. I learned a great deal about donor care, content creation and event sponsorships. Hardest part of the job was the travel between 4 provinces. The best part was the team I worked with, serving my alma mater and being part of an important social narrative in Canada.
I had the privilege to supervise and mentor Nursing students in their clinical practice.
The course Coordinators were very supportive, as were the other Clinical Supervisors.

The Contract pay was fair, but didn’t cover all the extra hours of work spent on Preparation for Clinical/Evaluation.
the work pace was generally slow. Some days we had more to do than the other days. The professor were friendly and always helped us with everything we needed.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
A great place to work. The people are wonderful. Work ethic values are valued.

A great work life balance and caring management.

The best part of my job was my boss. So supportive and understanding. Had my best interests at heart.

A high standard of work is expected.

Salary is on the lower side being unfunded by government.

There are cafeterias on campus. Get a break on meals with meal card if you're interested and the food is great.

Nice atmosphere on campus. Fun and friendly.

Able to be involved in academic presentations and theater productions. Lots going on and things to get involved in. Really open to learning and discussion.

Great chapel sessions daily. On site medical help available.

Overall, a wonderful work place.
One to three hours per weeks of work.
Students are friendly and eager to learn.

Supervisor cares about his employees.

Hardest part of the job: Marking assignments
Fun to work there. Really nice people, great environment. Christian atmosphere. Little pay but very good experience. would reccomend but if your going there for studying make sure to find a balance
I am a student at TWU and being able to work on campus has been a huge blessing. the employers understand that I am a student and they are very adaptable. They have high expectations but are also willing to help when needed. the people I work with are not just fellow employees, but they're family.
TWU has a great work culture and am thankful for the people I have worked with and met along the way. Depending on what department you work in there are several different benefits that come with your job, such as comp time, travel opportunities, etc.
as a university student at the time, this job had the best work place balance. work was very fast paced. Management was respectful and pleasant to work for. everyone worked well together and knew how to have fun while working hard.
Trinity was a fair employer for years but a recent drive for growth has had a devastating effect on internal culture. Management put a lot of pressure on employees to deliver while providing very little support. There is little respect for family time. Be prepared to work under impossible expectations, be unsupported in your work, and shown the door when you no longer support the vision of the day. The spiritual, emotional and financial well being of its workers seems to be of very little concern to this employer.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
No work/life balance. No boundaries.
Trinity is a very positive place to work. They ensure that their employees are well looked after and that they have what they need. My boss was a good friend of mine and made work fun. The job I had was very difficult but the staff made sure we (me and my team) did not feel alone of unprepared. I highly enjoyed working here.
Pros
Amazing Friendships
Cons
Did not pay very well