Trinity Village Care Centre

Trinity Village Care Centre Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
Would still be working there is it wasn't for a illness of a family member that made for me to have to give up my position. I would love to find myself back in a position there now that I have completed another course through school.
Pros
amazing management, caring environment
Its ok, Typical LTC Home. As long as you do your job you'll have a good day. The residents are the best part. The hardest part is being short all the time.
All done to satisfy their clients, their families and us, their employees. Union was actively involved and very helpful. Management was attentive and considerate.
A typical day at work used to be quite intense physically and mentally. Our residents had to be helped right away upon their call bell. Their meals had to be served at strict times. The equipment (lifts) had to be monitored for safe functioning. I learned to organize my tasks during my shift. I learned better time management. My co-workers were always nice, polite, friendly and ready to help. The hardest part of my job was turning and washing heavy residents. Mentally it was always painful to see these old and ill people being upset or sick. However it was enjoyable to see their smiles and to smile back, to say some kind words to my residents and to provide some comfort to them.
I really enjoyed working as a Personal Support Worker on the floor and also as a bath nurse. Once I start my shift I barely stop except for break time. I learned and improved my time management skills and the importance and practice of working as a team. I worked with a great team of people and had some wonderful clients that I loved to chat with and put a smile on their faces.
Pros
Good pay and a great team of people to work with
Cons
Can be very strenuous. No benefits unless you have a full time line, and not enough hours. Work can really become sporadic.